What's new

Summit of Time Starts Today

Right now actually. The events of the day are starting up in a few minutes, and you can catch all of that and what's going on this weekend in the post down below.

So first up is going to be some random matches that don't count for anything, followed by the group battle. You can scope all of that out here. That's the link for the group stages, the random match opener, the Rock, Paper Scissors Championship (where people will play Rock, Paper, Scissors) and the Commentator Crew Battle (where the commentators on the crew will battle....in Mortal Kombat (the game, not in real life Mortal Kombat)). For some reason, they haven't posted pools for that old school vs. new school thing, or even explained what it is or who is playing and what game is it on. So that'll be a surprise for tomorrow.

As for Mafia, if you haven't seen previous Summits, this is kind of a staple. The basic idea is half of the house is split into townspeople, while the other half are mafia members. Then in a serious of voting rounds, you need to try and suss out who is on the other team and convince everyone to vote and get them out of town. It's fun and you get to see who can make those real life reads and who is just guessing.

You can catch that using the Twitch link below. Everything is running through Sunday, so if you'll have plenty of opportunities to catch something if you can't watch today.

Comments

Who's watching the Summit right now? Thoughts ?Question mark?
I was but the random vs random is just boring. 1 round best of 5? lame. I stayed up till 3am for this.. I think I will get some sleep and try and wake up in 2 hours for the actual event.

I was but the random vs random is just boring. 1 round best of 5? lame. I stayed up till 3am for this.. I think I will get some sleep and try and wake up in 2 hours for the actual event.
So there is another tournament later today? Know the exact time?

All I want and all I've ever wanted in life right now is for high level competitive MK11 to be streamed while K&M or Mr. Aquaman provide commentary. Combo Breaker can not get here soon enough. Hopefully summit of time is the quick fix that helps me get by until then.

Wonderchef is one of the guys on commentary now. I guess he isn't on TYM, but I recognize him from somewhere. Saw him on local a week or so ago and I thought that he did a good job.

Update on Group A:
Gross is 3-0 and will be 1st seed (He beat Dragon, they input it wrong)
Dragon is 2-1 and will be in winners bracket
Hayatei is 2-1 and will be in winners
DJT and Semij are about to play, whoever wins goes to winners
Loser of DJT and Semij in Losers
Kitana Prime in Losers
Tyrant in Losers
Tekken Master in losers

wow... this is some of the worst commentary I have heard in the NRS scene. 4 people on the couch.. plus random people coming in and out... it is juts a mass of noise of people talking over each other. It sounds terrible and looks unprofessional. If I wanted to hear a buch of kids talk over each other yelling to be heard I would watch my children play with their mates after school

Listen to this shit... it is ugly and terrible. Summit needs to ban the randoms and let the professional casters do their jobs.

wow... this is some of the worst commentary I have heard in the NRS scene. 4 people on the couch.. plus random people coming in and out... it is juts a mass of noise of people talking over each other. It sounds terrible and looks unprofessional. If I wanted to hear a buch of kids talk over each other yelling to be heard I would watch my children play with their mates after school

Listen to this shit... it is ugly and terrible. Summit needs to ban the randoms and let the professional casters do their jobs.
That’s kind of what the summit is dude. A much more relaxed event that offers a change of pace and gives players the chance to “cast”. It’s not gonna be the same as a major tournament. It is supposed to be something different. Main bracket will probably just be the actual casters.

A bit harsh on the couch commentary. It's supposed to be like everyone is hanging out at a big party.

I'd take this over 75% of the commentary I've seen over the past 6 years of NRS games. It is one of the primary reasons that it is difficult to recommend watching these even for friends who play fighting games. It's frequently awkward to downright insulting. I might have given up if it wasn't for Mr. Aquaman and those online weekly events.