What's new

General/Other - Relentless Suggested Relentless Changes To Become A Solid High Tier

Do You Think Jason Need this Changes ?

• Total voters

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it

So Currenly Jason is in Deep SH*T, and every character in the game SH*TS on him :(, Jason has many flaws which ranges from (( Weird Hitboxs )) (( Bad Strings & Normals )) (( Super Negative Frames on Normals & Strings )) and the list goes on.

When We First Saw Jason at the Character Selection Screen, He Looked Like a He was one Mean Badass MOFO.

Jason Was Built to be an in-your face character & once he's in, the opponent prays that you make a mistake and mess up. but just like @YOMI REO said: Once Jason is in his opponent face Jason's options becomes much worst than that of your opponent :eek:.

Jason should be a WALKING BRICK WALL & Plus on Block Monster which put fear in the opponent's heart and He must do everything to keep Jason away from him, just like his counterparts Goro & Ferra/Torr

Here Are My Suggestions For Relentless/Universal Jason Changes to be a Solid High Tier Character:

*** Pokes & Universal Normals & Hurtbox ***

D1 -- Now Has 6 Startup Frames ( From 8 )
D1 -- Is Now -3 on Block ( From -2 )
D2 -- Hitbox is Increase Forward ( Relentless & Unstoppable Only )
D3 -- Now Has 9 Startup Frames ( From 11 )
D4 -- Now Has 11 Startup Frames ( From 16 )
B4 -- Now Has 25 Recovery Frames ( From 30 ))
JI3 -- Has Better Downward Hitbox
Jason now turns more quickly when the opponent cross him up

*** Normals & Strings ***

1 -------- Have a better Hitbox to connect with Block crouching opponents.
1,1 ----- Now 0 on Block ( From -3 )
1,1,2 --- The overhead has an increased range ( To use in the Neutral )
3 -------- is Now a Mid ( From High ) ,,,, This Normal doesn't have range and too slow.
3,2,U1 - U1 Becomes Mid .... To use in the Neutral.
4 -------- Is now +2 on Block ( From -3 )
B1 ------ Now has 12 Startup Frames ( From 13 )
B1 ------ Now has a Bigger Hitbox Toward Down His Fist to Hit low profile moves Like Johnny's D4.
B1 ------ is Now 0 on Block ( From -2 ) .... Just like Jax's F2 Which is 0 on Block.
B1,2 --- is Now +1 on Block ( From -1 ) .... Again, Just like Jax's F2,1 Which is +1 on Block.
B1,2,2 - is Now -5 on Block ( From -8 ) .... Once Again, Just like Jax's F2,1,2 Which is -5 On Block.
F2 ------ Is Now a Mid ( From High )
F2 ------ Is Now +2 on Block
F2 ------ Has 22 Frames of Startup ( From 21 )
F2,1+3- is Now -7 on Block ( From -14 )
B2 ------ Now Has 16 Recovery Frames on Whiff ( From 21 )
B3 ------ Hitbox Range Increased Forward
F3 ------ Now Has 20 Startup Frames ( From 24 ) ,,,, Just Like Goro's F4 which has 20 Startup Frames.
F3 ------ Now Hard Knocksdown the opponent slightly near Jason
F3 ------ Is Now +2 on Block ( From -3 ) .... Just Like Goro's F4 which is 2+ on Block
F4,4 --- Now on Hit launches the opponent in a way so that Temple Punch (BF3) & Temple Slam (EX BF3) connect with the opponent Midscreen

*** Special Moves ***

DBF1 & EX DBF1 - Jason can now choose which side to throw the opponent at.
DBF2 & EX DBF2 - Jason can now choose which side to throw the opponent at.
DBF2 & EX DBF2 - Make it more consistent to connect .... (( Sometimes whiffs for no reason ))
EX DBF2 ------------ Has very slight range increase
DF1 & EX DF1 ----- Now has better downward HItbox .... so that it doesn't whiff on certain characters and low profile moves.
DF1 & EX DF1 ----- is now -7 on Block ( From -10 )
BF3 ------------------- Is Now -5 on Block ( From -6 )
BF3 ------------------- Has Slight Pushback on Block
EX BF3 -------------- Now is +3 on Block ( From -6 )
DD4 ------------------ Has 10% more Duration
DB1 & EX DB1 ---- Now Has 9 Startup Frames ( From 12 )
DB1 & EX DB1 ---- Has better hitbox and add a hitbox over Jason's Head
DB1 & EX DB1 ---- Reduced Hurtbox over the top half of Jason's Body
EX DB1 -------------- Now Juggles the opponent for a Full Combo .... Just like Kotal's EX Air Grab
DB2 & EX DB2 ---- Jason now has invincibility frames when Jason's body is Dematerialized
DB2 ------------------ Now Has 12 Recovery Frames ( From 17 )
EX DB2 ------------- Now Has 2 Recovery Frames ( From 7 )
X-RAY --------------- Has Better Downward Hitbox

*** Damned ***

Increased to 10%/20%/33%/50% Damage at under 70%/40%/25%/5% Health (( From Increased to 10%/20%/33%/50% Damage at under 50%/25%/10%/5% Health ))

*** Pursuit & Dark Pursuit ***

*** Note That i will be using lots of colors to make it Visually easier to explain ***

When this moves is activated the opponents inputs are reversed. His Buttons and Movements are reversed.

His Buttons 1,2,3,4 Has Two Sets which the Buttons are being reversed into when Jason Does Pursuit & Dark Pursuit. The First Set is: 1 Becomes (3), 2 (4), 3 (1), 4 (2 ). And The Second Set is: 1 Becomes (4), 2 (3), 3 (2), 4 (1).

I'm Fine with The Buttons having Two Sets. But why does The Movement Has Only One Set . The Movement Should Have Two Sets just like The Buttons Sets. The First Sets for Movement (( Original One )) is Forward Becomes Backward And Vise Versa. Up Becomes Down And Vise Versa. They Should Add a Second Set which goes like this : Forward Becomes Up , Backward Becomes Down , Up Becomes Forward , Down Becomes Backward.

Also When Activated There Shouldn't be only Two Sets Of Buttons & Movement, For Example: (1,1) & (2,2). There should be FOUR SETS which goes like this: (1,1) / (1,2) / (2,1) / (2,2) .... ******* The First Number is The Buttons Set & The Second Number is The Movements Set.

So what Do you guys think ? Does this make the character Top 10 or Mid Tier at Best.

@GGA Jeremiah
@YOMI REO
@Eldriken

Last edited:
I like all your suggestions.. except

EX DB1 -------------- Now Juggles the opponent for a Full Combo .... Just like Kotal's EX Air Grab

On top of all the buffs this would be a bit over the top u think

Very nice effort tbh i hope something like this is implemented in kp2 as jason is a very interesting character that's unplayable right now.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain

Very nice effort tbh i hope something like this is implemented in kp2 as jason is a very interesting character that's unplayable right now.
Well, currently, DB1 is virtually useless in Relentless/Unstoppable. It's the worst anti-air throw I have ever seen. So, giving it a utility sounds like a good idea to me. Currently, the only somewhat realistic implementation of DB1 is using Ex-DB1 as a combo-ender because it has very good hit advantage. But, the problem with this tactic is that Jason is extremely dependent on meter for armoring through pressure and generating offense of his own -- So, using meter in combos is generally not advisable. Also, BF3 has even more hit advantage than Ex-DB1, so damage aside, there really isn't a good reason to use Ex-DB1.

Last edited:

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it

i just hope nrs give relentless Jason or Jason in general at least 20% of the suggestions i made. cause currently Jason is awful and everyone agrees

Beckmann_2420

I am the Infantry! FOLLOW ME!
everyone wants lord jensen to get buffed.
I really have faith that NRS will buff him due to the fact that leather is coming. Id imagine they want people to still play with Jason in addition to leather. Not to mention Jason is by far the worst in the game. I really love Jason. He is a very fun to play with and its so satisfying when you beat someone with him.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains

So Currenly Jason is in Deep SH*T, and every character in the game SH*TS on him :(, Jason has many flaws which ranges from (( Weird Hitboxs )) (( Bad Strings & Normals )) (( Super Negative Frames on Normals & Strings )) and the list goes on.

When We First Saw Jason at the Character Selection Screen, He Looked Like a He was one Mean Badass MOFO.

Jason Was Built to be an in-your face character & once he's in, the opponent prays that you make a mistake and mess up. but just like @YOMI REO said: Once Jason is in his opponent face Jason's options becomes much worst than that of your opponent :eek:.

Jason should be a WALKING BRICK WALL & Plus on Block Monster which put fear in the opponent's heart and He must do everything to keep Jason away from him, just like his counterparts Goro & Ferra/Torr

Here Are My Suggestions For Relentless/Universal Jason Changes to be a Solid High Tier Character:

*** Pokes & Universal Normals & Hurtbox ***

D1 -- Now Has 6 Startup Frames ( From 8 )
D1 -- Is Now -3 on Block ( From -2 )
D2 -- Hitbox is Increase Forward ( Relentless & Unstoppable Only )
D3 -- Now Has 9 Startup Frames ( From 11 )
D4 -- Now Has 11 Startup Frames ( From 16 )
B4 -- Now Has 25 Recovery Frames ( From 30 ))
JI3 -- Has Better Downward Hitbox
Jason now turns more quickly when the opponent cross him up

*** Normals & Strings ***

1 -------- Have a better Hitbox to connect with Block crouching opponents.
1,1 ----- Now 0 on Block ( From -3 )
1,1,2 --- The overhead has an increased range ( To use in the Neutral )
3 -------- is Now a Mid ( From High ) ,,,, This Normal doesn't have range and too slow.
3,2,U1 - U1 Becomes Mid .... To use in the Neutral.
4 -------- Is now +2 on Block ( From -3 )
B1 ------ Now has 12 Startup Frames ( From 13 )
B1 ------ Now has a Bigger Hitbox Toward Down His Fist to Hit low profile moves Like Johnny's D4.
B1 ------ is Now 0 on Block ( From -2 ) .... Just like Jax's F2 Which is 0 on Block.
B1,2 --- is Now +1 on Block ( From -1 ) .... Again, Just like Jax's F2,1 Which is +1 on Block.
B1,2,2 - is Now -5 on Block ( From -8 ) .... Once Again, Just like Jax's F2,1,2 Which is -5 On Block.
F2 ------ Is Now a Mid ( From High )
F2 ------ Is Now +2 on Block
F2 ------ Has 22 Frames of Startup ( From 21 )
F2,1+3- is Now -7 on Block ( From -14 )
B2 ------ Now Has 16 Recovery Frames on Whiff ( From 21 )
B3 ------ Hitbox Range Increased Forward
F3 ------ Now Has 20 Startup Frames ( From 24 ) ,,,, Just Like Goro's F4 which has 20 Startup Frames.
F3 ------ Now Hard Knocksdown the opponent slightly near Jason
F3 ------ Is Now +2 on Block ( From -3 ) .... Just Like Goro's F4 which is 2+ on Block
F4,4 --- Now on Hit launches the opponent in a way so that Temple Punch (BF3) & Temple Slam (EX BF3) connect with the opponent Midscreen

*** Special Moves ***

DBF1 & EX DBF1 - Jason can now choose which side to throw the opponent at.
DBF2 & EX DBF2 - Jason can now choose which side to throw the opponent at.
DBF2 & EX DBF2 - Make it more consistent to connect .... (( Sometimes whiffs for no reason ))
EX DBF2 ------------ Has very slight range increase
DF1 & EX DF1 ----- Now has better downward HItbox .... so that it doesn't whiff on certain characters and low profile moves.
DF1 & EX DF1 ----- is now -7 on Block ( From -10 )
BF3 ------------------- Is Now -5 on Block ( From -6 )
BF3 ------------------- Has Slight Pushback on Block
EX BF3 -------------- Now is +3 on Block ( From -6 )
DD4 ------------------ Has 10% more Duration
DB1 & EX DB1 ---- Now Has 9 Startup Frames ( From 12 )
DB1 & EX DB1 ---- Has better hitbox and add a hitbox over Jason's Head
DB1 & EX DB1 ---- Reduced Hurtbox over the top half of Jason's Body
DB2 & EX DB2 ---- Jason now has invincibility frames when Jason's body is Dematerialized
DB2 ------------------ Now Has 12 Recovery Frames ( From 17 )
EX DB2 ------------- Now Has 2 Recovery Frames ( From 7 )
X-RAY --------------- Has Better Downward Hitbox

*** Damned ***

Increased to 10%/20%/33%/50% Damage at under 70%/40%/25%/5% Health (( From Increased to 10%/20%/33%/50% Damage at under 50%/25%/10%/5% Health ))

*** Pursuit & Dark Pursuit ***

*** Note That i will be using lots of colors to make it Visually easier to explain ***

When this moves is activated the opponents inputs are reversed. His Buttons and Movements are reversed.

His Buttons 1,2,3,4 Has Two Sets which the Buttons are being reversed into when Jason Does Pursuit & Dark Pursuit. The First Set is: 1 Becomes (3), 2 (4), 3 (1), 4 (2 ). And The Second Set is: 1 Becomes (4), 2 (3), 3 (2), 4 (1).

I'm Fine with The Buttons having Two Sets. But why does The Movement Has Only One Set . The Movement Should Have Two Sets just like The Buttons Sets. The First Sets for Movement (( Original One )) is Forward Becomes Backward And Vise Versa. Up Becomes Down And Vise Versa. They Should Add a Second Set which goes like this : Forward Becomes Up , Backward Becomes Down , Up Becomes Forward , Down Becomes Backward.

Also When Activated There Shouldn't be only Two Sets Of Buttons & Movement, For Example: (1,1) & (2,2). There should be FOUR SETS which goes like this: (1,1) / (1,2) / (2,1) / (2,2) .... ******* The First Number is The Buttons Set & The Second Number is The Movements Set.

So what Do you guys think ? Does this make the character Top 10 or Mid Tier at Best.

very nice writeup :)
i would be fine with all of that if you add in JIP has more range!

here is mine

what i want to change with jason

Jason Variation-less(universal) changes

first of all

JIP 1 or 2 needs better range!
32D1
these could have more range on first hit! the first hit has half the range as second hit makes them raptor reach, wiff punsihable.. i think this could help him alot.

D2 (has almost zero horizontal hitbox)
F44 (is pretty slow to start and second hit wiffs alot)
D1 (should be 6f)
D3 (should be 8frames)
D4 (should be 9 frames or lower)

then almost every variation of Jason will be fixed.

Relentless changes!

Lake mist should have a little less recovery with meter, like it should be +1 or 2 so he won't get poked out after using meter... then they would have to guess what move he does, instead of just mashing any poke tool into almost full combo punish.

Unstoppable Changes!

Heal should heal for more and a slightly longer period of time.

His DB1 should have better AA properties