What's new

Subzero's Low-Profiling Issues

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Erron also low profiles Johnnies U3. Not sure if it's to do with how Erron's D3 has been implemented or if some U3's are designed to be weaker. Maybe most U3's are susceptible to being low profiled for whatever reason - would require further labbing.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Erron also low profiles Johnnies U3. Not sure if it's to do with how Erron's D3 has been implemented or if some U3's are designed to be weaker. Maybe most U3's are susceptible to being low profiled for whatever reason - would require further labbing.
Erron's d3 is fucked up in general but pretty much anyone can low profile Subzero's wakeup u3 with d3

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Erron's d3 is fucked up in general but pretty much anyone can low profile Subzero's wakeup u3 with d3
Test the rest of the cast and see if it's consistent across the cast. Besides if somebody D3s your wakeup then they're gonna be negative on block, I guess. Gotta keep the positive vibes lol.

Braindead

Test the rest of the cast and see if it's consistent across the cast. Besides if somebody D3s your wakeup then they're gonna be negative on block, I guess. Gotta keep the positive vibes lol.
I've tried many characters and all of them so far can low profile Sub's U3. But each has a different wakeup on their own so low profiling U3s isnt a universal thing. Maybe there are others that suck like Subzero's too, but I haven't seen any yet.

Lokheit

Noob
Are we sure this is about Sub-Zero's specific U3s? Might be about the move being able to low profile all or most Mids (like Subbie's slide used to so in MKX). I'm not at home right now but it would be interesting to see if our D4 has a similar effect.

Braindead

Are we sure this is about Sub-Zero's specific U3s? Might be about the move being able to low profile all or most Mids (like Subbie's slide used to so in MKX). I'm not at home right now but it would be interesting to see if our D4 has a similar effect.
Read my last comment above. It's not a universal thing

Thats terrible. Noob saibot has a similar issue. Most of his string starters can be low profiled and he dies to crouchers. No raw overhead or otherwise in his tourney variations ensure you play him like a grappler abusing throws.

Braindead

thanks for this. I was gonna make a vid about sz d1 losing in neutral because of it being low profiled, but.. you know.. If I made that vid it would NOT go over well lol. The D1 getting low profiled is especially bad. So many times in poke/counter poke situations it gets beat out because of this.
Agreed I've been struggling with this for a week

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
It woudln't be Sub-Zero without some fuckery. In MKX the klone didn't function properly (despite how much of a meme that became it's true) and he easily was effected the worst by female hitboxes, it was devastating to the point that he couldnt even use his max advantage ender until the last patch, even still his combos were heavily gimped in the corner. In Injustice 2, outside of 8 characters and sometimes Cheetah whenever the Injustice gods felt like it, SZ couldn't have his measly plus 3 off MB burst guaranteed after spending a bar. So now they make him the most stripped down, vanilla, barebones character as humanly possible, one would imagine this would make him pretty straight forward and free from these things, but nooooopeeee

King Cash

Next Level
Shhh I like not having to respect any wakeups from Sub,Noob, Skarlet if she’s facing the screen, doesn’t work if her back is facing the screen, and Geres If spaced right. Lol

KutlessMyth

mental and fundamental
Yea I found this in the lab other day when trying to stuff the wakeup.
Almost everyone can low profile it with B4 or D3. Either way I do think it should be at least acknowledged

Braindead

WHATS UP GUYS ITS MK TOM BRADY BACK AT YOU WITH A NEW SUBZERO DOESNT FUNCTION PROPERLY VIDEO
(hi @Tom Brady lol)

Adding this to the OP...