What's new

Subzero General Discussion Thread

what's the trick in doing this ender?
how does Ski make the opponent juggle this high after the first slide?
I tried it in training mode, but the I am not able to juggle the enemy high enough to continue the combo after the slide

I can do b32 slide into 2 2 124 though, mainly because it juggles the opponent high enough after the slide here

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!

WB Games and NetherRealm have revealed that Mortal Kombat 11 will be receiving a free Sub-Zero skin in August, inspired by international DJ and actor Dimitri Vegas, the artist who remixed the Mortal Kombat theme for the MK 11 launch trailer. The one from the 1995 Mortal Kombat movie.

The Dimitri Vegas as Sub-Zero skin incorporates Vegas' likeness, as well as updated voiceover work from the DJ, decking him out in glowing neon Sub-Zero gear. Vegas also created the original 'You're Next' music track for Mortal Kombat 11's gameplay reveal, so he's tied to the series in more ways than one.

You'll be able to download the free Dimitri Vegas as Sub-Zero skin from 22nd August 2019 for Mortal Kombat 11 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

WB Games and NetherRealm have revealed that Mortal Kombat 11 will be receiving a free Sub-Zero skin in August, inspired by international DJ and actor Dimitri Vegas, the artist who remixed the Mortal Kombat theme for the MK 11 launch trailer. The one from the 1995 Mortal Kombat movie.

The Dimitri Vegas as Sub-Zero skin incorporates Vegas' likeness, as well as updated voiceover work from the DJ, decking him out in glowing neon Sub-Zero gear. Vegas also created the original 'You're Next' music track for Mortal Kombat 11's gameplay reveal, so he's tied to the series in more ways than one.

You'll be able to download the free Dimitri Vegas as Sub-Zero skin from 22nd August 2019 for Mortal Kombat 11 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC.

Woah dude, that's insane. Even his voice changes? Crazy shit!

Let Ashley Burch come back to voice Cassie once she gets her MKX costume with the undercut :)

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest

It's really weird that NRS has been so silent about just about everything lately, and this is one of the upcoming things we are getting. A skin for a DJ that I have never heard of in my life.

I love the remix from the trailer for sure, but....I don't know if we really need a skin for him, let alone an entire rework of the voice acting. Just seems so odd.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
So like... could we get the glowing skin without that random dude's face? Cause that'd be the best. lol

Guess there's always masks. lmao

Lol not gonna happen.

That costume doesn't have enough of a scuba diver vibe for mk11 :p
I am almost 100% sure they will give her a workout outfit and if they gave Skarlet another hairstyle because people didn't like the 2 she had, then they can do it for Cass.

Lokheit

Noob
I was Ok with the Carl Weathers thing because it was iconic and just 1 skin.

But first giving full character (Sonya) voice acting to a so-so celebrity that can't act, and now trying to hype a skin + acting, about someone that isn't an actor (I'm expecting 100% cringe acting, making the skin unusable)... Well, ok I guess. Ed Boon skin for Scorpion voicing all lines would make way more sense than this and people would think it's dumb and a silly way to spend resources that could produce better content.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Yall remember when Sub-Zero was the community's #1 target and was S++++ tier and wildly unfair and would destroy the game with his braindead MKX 50/50s and 9/1 matchups?

Fun times. Feels like forever ago now. Cant wait for it to happen again in MK12.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Yall remember when Sub-Zero was the community's #1 target and was S++++ tier and wildly unfair and would destroy the game with his braindead MKX 50/50s and 9/1 matchups?

Fun times. Feels like forever ago now. Cant wait for it to happen again in MK12.
He's still got that near-unreactable slide to deal with, which also comes with a Krushing Blow, but yeah, he's not nearly as unbeatable as he was first considered to be.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer

NRS: Random guy skin!

Literally Everyone: hey could you instead fix hit/ hurt boxes, balance the game or drop us DLC? MKX and I2 has all of these things by now...

NRS: ... Random guy skin!!!