What's new

Video/Tutorial - Grandmaster Sub-Zero's Ice Clone doesn't work properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I wonder the ice clone has the same properties as the armor on wake up, since the armor goes away if its going to whiff the armor goes away instantly.

So with the Ice clone, since it sees that the attack is going to hit you on block, that property overrides the property of the ice clone hit box.

But if that is not the case then it does need to be fixed.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Informative video. I think since certain scenarios like Raiden going through the clone with Electric fly sometimes and not other times are situations that should also be looked at and worked on in tandem with finding a solution for this. Because the nonexistent argument that the tips of Raiden's hands are not considered his hit box at the start up of that move is contradicted by the fact that the move can still be caught and frozen in mid air. So yeah, there's quite a few things that are incon- sorry *inkonsistent with the Ice clone.

No, if that were the case then it would freeze them before they contacted the clone.
ive noticed that Subs block stance is deceptively hidden by the clone. it might reach further forward than it looks. if a char has a phantom hitbox on his attack that is larger than the part of the ice clone which does not cover sub-Zero, it might be the issue. doesnt explain why the low contact doesnt freeze though.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
What about ice klone being shattered when opponent keeps pressing block button near it? Was it intended or yet another ice klone bug?

oh wow that just makes me wanna quit the game.....so what now every time I will drop clone in the corner people will start just poking me ?

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
U know whats funny and i give you props for making this video so detailed. I been loling at how people go through my clone and dont get frozen. I understand now why due to this video and imo it should be patched.

It looks stupid a move that makes u have to think like an ice clone the person i am playing can tap me and go through the clone making it disappear when i see clearly to hit me they went through the clone.

I fully agree with everything you showed in this video and I hope nrs sees this and actually fixes this especially after the nerf we got. (Not going to open that door as i bitched alot on twitter bout this).

Again tom great video!!!

mattnin

Noob
So basically, you want ice clone buffed so you can trap people behind it so they can't have and offensive options whatsoever. Got it. Just play the game and quit whining about your already powerful character.

Does anyone know what NRS actually meant when they said it would go away on block? I always thought that they meant once Sub-Zero blocks it's nullified.

FoolishProphet

Still waiting for Jade :\
So basically, you want ice clone buffed so you can trap people behind it so they can't have and offensive options whatsoever. Got it. Just play the game and quit whining about your already powerful character.
I think he wants the clone to do it's job and freeze the opponents hurtbox on pokes,not have a poke go through the clone and hit you on block negating the clone.I'm all for not having pointless buffs but this here is an error thats needs to be fixed.

FoolishProphet

Still waiting for Jade :\
Does anyone know what NRS actually meant when they said it would go away on block? I always thought that they meant once Sub-Zero blocks it's nullified.
If you put an ice clone out and block the opponent can jump over and hit you blocking and the clone will dissapear,now the spacing required to do so is tricky but it works.Same for if he ice clones and scorpion teleports you block his attack the clones dissapears.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
If you're standing on top of the ice clone blocking, the opponent's advancing string with pushback would push them right into the clone. Now that won't happen.

DoctorSexual

XBL: DoctorSexual PSN: Osh-Tek
Are we sure this is not an intended property of the move now? Aside from teleport characters what good is clone going away on block if you have no tools to consistently hit Sub without going through at least some tiny portion of the clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.