What's new

SUB-ZERO [TEMPORARY] FRAME DATA

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I want to think that a 6F D1 isn't at all shabby, but everyone could have one for all we know. Still, that's $$$. Especially if they keep the Injustice staple of comboing D1's.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
U2 will beat an NJP, but an NJP will beat an U3 armoured wake up. But, opponents can always roll back, or forward too...

You can throw the roll forward.
Thank you again. Were you able to test other specials? Is it possible to call Artic Trap after a hard knockdown and still remain safe?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Thank you again. Were you able to test other specials? Is it possible to call Artic Trap after a hard knockdown and still remain safe?
I only played the ”standard” variation.

It added Kreeping ice (1 point) and Deep Freeze (2 points)

Not only did I not have much time, but, the Arctic trap was 3 points, so it leaves you with no other added moves or options.

If you don’t have Kreeping ice, you can’t keep your strings safe or amplify to push away and create distance on block.

Also, Deep freeze allows for so much practicality, and I can foresee it being necessary at a higher level. It makes his ice ball incredibly fast, and will give “zoners” reason to respect him once he has a bar, as it beats (destroys) all other projectiles. It also allows his overhead to be completely safe and the only way to combo from his F2.

So, even if Arctic trap is good, I doubt it will have enough to cut it at high level.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Reminder: even if everything is "safe" on paper, Flawless block is going to make strings punishable either from the first hit or a gap in the string.
The flawless block is true, but mostly you will be blocking normally and attempting to “take your turn”.

The big thing in this game will be taking your go when an opponent is minus, this more than any other MK yet.

Like most NRS games, the characters with the best game when it’s their turn have always had a fast mid option when point blank. 8/9 is perfect, 10/11 is optimal.

When Sub is point blank and it’s “his turn”, even after his f4 (+4) his fastest mid is B3 (13 frames, or b4 sweep (12 frames), but if you vs an opponent with a 6 frame, they need to be -7 or worse, otherwise, nothing but a d1/d3 is guaranteed. So he will still be fighting for those moments...until an opponent respects your d1/d3, only then can you opt for f2 (14 frames) or B3 (14 frames), it won’t be a given.

He can poke, with d1 but he will lose his turn right away, so d3 will be your best poke, d4 will only give you advantage which you already had.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Information can change until the game's launch, all movements listed can be accessed by all standard variations.

May Lord Brady bless our path. The death of Ice Clone will not be in vain
@Jynx take a look at Subs jumps, they seem universal to me