What's new

Sub Zero Reset Off standing Frozen Opponent

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Hey guys,

I haven't found this online yet when I looked for it but I figured I'd share it with you guys. My phone won't properly add the video so I'll tell you what I found.

When you combo an opponent and end with mb command grab it auto restands your opponent. Your opponent thaws out in approximately 4-5 seconds.

During this time you can position yourself to do an ambiguous jump in using jump 2 or 3 (that I've tested so far) and it will reset the damage and you get another combo. I found jump 3 works pretty well in this situation.

Now I'm not optimal so you sub zero mains can make a way better combo.

Inputs

J2 111 background bounce b3 J3 33 mb command grab.
This alone does roughly 470 and has your opponent frozen in a restand.

From here you can set up the ambiguous jump in and with the correct timing it will reset if they guess wrong, allowing you another combo free.

Again sorry I didn't post a video. I only have my phone and I have no clue how to get it on here. If someone could make the video and add it that would be awesome!!!!

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Indeed it can definitely be made ambiguous, however the opponent can backdash. I think it's definitely viable though since people aren't really backdashing jump ins yet and the risk/reward is in your favor anyway

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Indeed it can definitely be made ambiguous, however the opponent can backdash. I think it's definitely viable though since people aren't really backdashing jump ins yet and the risk/reward is in your favor anyway
This also works pretty well in the corner. There is a tight timing I found when the opponents melting and your jumping where I'm not entirely sure they could dash away from his jump 3 effectively. From what it looks like, they would have to guess the jump in to dash the appropriate way, so it's still a 50/50 that favors him like you said. I'm not a sub zero main, I just like to lab the new characters to see what they have against joker and I saw this and was like hmmm... interesting lol I'm sure you guys can tweak it to be even better lol

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Do 22 after the jump in and complete the combo

22 gives u a ton of advantage

Subzero had the same thing in mortal kombat, happy it's in this game as well
I actually don't use him lol I just lab him to see what he can do against joker lol 33 was easier for me to connect the command grab lol. I have no doubt you guys will make this 110% better.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Again, if anyone can record this and post it here so people can see it that would be greatly appreciated!!!! I only have my phone and I for some reason, can't properly add stuff in. Thanks!!!!!

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Myself and @IrishMantis were looking into cg jump 50/50 last night and we had the thaw out option as a fallback to main thing trying to figure out. midscreen this isn't the best idea because of backdash but in corner if after the freeze if u late nj2 then jump 3 can make it cross up or not (careful when record ing this as game sometimes won't say cross up when it was, before I fell asleep last night we were just trying to pinpoint exact distance to do the nj2 from as different distances were making the non-cross up hard to get, the cross up j3 keeps them in corner when hits do can just loop it :)

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Myself and @IrishMantis were looking into cg jump 50/50 last night and we had the thaw out option as a fallback to main thing trying to figure out. midscreen this isn't the best idea because of backdash but in corner if after the freeze if u late nj2 then jump 3 can make it cross up or not (careful when record ing this as game sometimes won't say cross up when it was, before I fell asleep last night we were just trying to pinpoint exact distance to do the nj2 from as different distances were making the non-cross up hard to get, the cross up j3 keeps them in corner when hits do can just loop it :)
Hey man, you guys already making this look good lol I really don't know much more outside of what I posted and labbed. Call this a concept for better things If you will:)

I do notice that depending on the j3, they dash the wrong way and they can get hit (At least jokers dash), so they have to guess the cross up or not from what it looks like.