What's new

Video/Tutorial - Grandmaster Sub-Zero public service announcement

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I think we can all agree that Sub Zero is still insanely cheap. He has a move that makes a clone. How can you get around that? I'll tell you how - you cant. And Sub Zero players themselves are even worse. They play with no honor, using throws even when I explicitly say don't use any throws. Intolerable.

I hope we can get some real nerfs on this motherfucker in the near future.

trufenix

bye felicia
I'm genuinely confused. Is the purpose of this to illustrate that the clone block nerf shouldn't have happened because there are other ways around it?

I wish people would stop throwing around the word apologize and passive aggressive hyperbole and just provide some goddamned info in these threads.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
How else do you think I changed my play around? Not practicing?
I know, I know haha. Fair enough. I just mean, don't worry about the community and mk11 and all for another couple of days, worry about Evo first. Bottom line, I just want you to do well. Good luck!

I know, I know haha. Fair enough. I just mean, don't worry about the community and mk11 and all for another couple of days, worry about Evo first. Bottom line, I just want you to do well. Good luck!
I got over this clone stuff a while ago. This thread is all in fun for me. Ive been doing some hardcore training that I needed a laugh, this is all done light heartedly. Do you know how strange it felt to go a week and never use B2 so you can be forced to learn how to use other tools rather then rely on a 50/50? Quite strange I assure you.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
I agree with Tom's sentiments overall. There is SUCH an extreme lack of level up mentality here it seems. People just bitch bitch bitch instead of playing and just figuring the game out. People saying there is NO way to deal with something in a game like this when it hasn't even been out a year yet, not even close. I just compare it to MvC2 where it was largely unchanged for most of its life but people still found new shit and ways around things... obviously it's not an amazing example because it was balanced like shit, but you get the point. It's like... everybody is SO obsessed with just winning at the game they don't want to actually play it any more.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I got over this clone stuff a while ago. This thread is all in fun for me. Ive been doing some hardcore training that I needed a laugh, this is all done light heartedly. Do you know how strange it felt to go a week and never use B2 so you can be forced to learn how to use other tools rather then rely on a 50/50? Quite strange I assure you.
That's actually really awesome. Good for you.

tom brady has talked more about how everyone is talking about the clone being broke than all the rest of the community combined actually talked about the clone being broke
HAH.

water underthe bridge... time to move on.....

Labelling threads / videos like that doesn't distract from the fact that you're just doing the same thing again.

But he is right.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
If sub just takes a step back away from the clone. He will not get hit by a normal. B2 has range. No reason to be so close:(. But w.e. As long as sub doesnt get nerfed ill be happy.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I've personally had to go to my MKX buds and make them video tutorials on how to beat clone so they'd succumb to the fact that they're neglecting the lab. It's so easy to cry nerf instead of admitting you're bad.

To protect Sub in the future, let's take his tech and open it up to the kommunity. Then we can beat them with the very answers we handed them like the mindless scrubs they are.

If sub just takes a step back away from the clone. He will not get hit by a normal. B2 has range. No reason to be so close:(. But w.e. As long as sub doesnt get nerfed ill be happy.
In order for a character like Jax to be unable to punish B2 with a combo you'd have to be so far back that there is no reason for him to even duck. I think you believe you have a 50/50 in situations where your really dont.

This thread is one of those "funny cuz its true" threads. Come on guys, its all in fun.

Just in case anyone wonders how to deal with that setup if you're using Cassie.

1. She can't punish b2 with her normals or specials after that setup. Ex Flip kick won't work, it is a waste of meter and you'll get hit.
Don't use b1. You'll get frozen, obviously, but on top of that you'll get frozen in a really awkward pose.

2. She can jump out after blocked b2 with j4 or empty jump. But Sub-zero can low profile himself. In that case your j4 is going to whiff and you'll get frozen.

3. You can actually interrupt b2 with d1 and ex Nut punch. Pretty much your best options. Ex Glow kick will work too, but it is super yolo.

So, yea. Don't get cornered by SZ.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I like how both videos basically consist of Tom pushing the false narrative that complainers got Sub nerfed when if you look at Dave's thread, the consensus, the overall majority, did NOT get clone nerfed.

But yes, continue to blame TYM. Because Paulo never makes decisions for himself.

I like how both videos basically consist of Tom pushing the false narrative that complainers got Sub nerfed when if you look at Dave's thread, the consensus, the overall majority, did NOT get clone nerfed.

But yes, continue to blame TYM. Because Paulo never makes decisions for himself.
He said it's all in fun:DOGE

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
In order for a character like Jax to be unable to punish B2 with a combo you'd have to be so far back that there is no reason for him to even duck. I think you believe you have a 50/50 in situations where your really dont.

This thread is one of those "funny cuz its true" threads. Come
Im just saying if your inside the clone your asking to get hit. The clone can be used for 50/50s but It works better as a corner trap. If you want 50/50s then yea step in the clone. Take the risk. Its the players fault for getting hit