What's new

Sub-Zero General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Minute 2:13 only 2 actual special moves, the rest is 100% strings, you're getting tons of that shoulder. Going to miss sliding under projectiles, probably they gave it to Frost.
He still has the slide. But apparently you can choose between slide or shoulder

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
The regular slide can also be seen in the ketchup/mustard set from the reveal. I TOTALLY forgot about that.

Damn that stupid hat, it sent me into rage mode and I didn't notice important shit lol

Lokheit

Noob
I've noticed that every ice weapon string seems to be axes... This might confirm that Nightwolf isn't coming back? It might be a customization thing I guess, but these look like the default ones.

I've noticed that every ice weapon string seems to be axes... This might confirm that Nightwolf isn't coming back? It might be a customization thing I guess, but these look like the default ones.
At the end of the K&M set, you can see that his ice axe is one of the cosmetics that you can change, so maybe it can be changed to other weapons?

Lokheit

Noob
At the end of the K&M set, you can see that his ice axe is one of the cosmetics that you can change, so maybe it can be changed to other weapons?
Yeah I noticed that too. That said, I'm kinda bummer that all his ice weapon moves use the same one, yo look at Skarlet with the spikes, the whip, the scythe... it looks super original. Cryomancer from MKX and the Injustice 2 version had more variety. I want swords and hammers! Always going for the axes or whatever you replace them with is a bit meh considering in the past he used multiple forms at the same time and another character in the game is already doing it.

Man was initially down with the new look. But but I keep seeing the gameplay and sub just looks so smooth. Thenlook is growing on me. Loving the idea of a rushdown offensive sub like my old cryomancer.

The game is gorgeous to look at ...

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Sub-Zero looks fucking sick man!!!! Right now, he's the 1st character that I want to try out. He was my main all the way up until Deception when they made him look weird. I loved him in DA, but honestly, felt weird so I flocked to different characters. Played him in MKA & a little bit in 9 & X, but not as a main.

Now, I'm wanting to come back but we'll see! He looks fucking sick. Like a savage!

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
His look is more injustice inspired than MKX which i really don't like. Also i just much prefer the simpler designs of MKX for subzero and scorpion. I feel like there is too much going on.

He doesn't even look like the grandmaster anymore. His fighting stance is god awful too. I'm talking kitana MKX level bad. Why is he about to do a kamehameha wave.

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
Ok, I think I know now why I like Subbie's default look but at the same time it feels kind of out of place. It gives me some Bloodborne vibes with the shape of the hat which I'm digging more and more every time I look at it. Also if you squint your eyes, the armor reminds a bit of the color scheme of Deception's armor, so if we get the helmet it will look similar enough.

Btw, are his kunai/darts used on his ice projectile move or something? It's odd that they're one of his customization items.

Status
Not open for further replies.