What's new

Guide Sub-Zero official combo/Bnb/punish thread

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Corner:

DeepJK, 212~Ice Blast, 1, 222 - 28% (good for set up Ice Clone);
DeepJK, 212~Ice Blast, 1, 224~Slide - 32%

Those Deep jump in kicks combos you can also easilly add X-Ray in the end for more damage if needed.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Ok. I finally got back to this and updated the first post. Good stuff guys. That list is getting pretty big lol.
Some of you asked about making a video compilation to go with the list so people can actually see how they are done. I think whoever takes on this task must be a little nuts to do that to himself lol,but if you do it Il embed them at the bottom of the first post.

To save yourself at least some headache maybe it would be better to make the vid aimed at beginners(who need to actually see stuff being performed more than veteran players do) and only focus on the simplist and best combos in each situation. Thus giving beginner Subs a solid foundation to start with.

ryublaze

Noob
Just posting the same combo I posted earlier but off the 2, 2 and F4 strings:

2, 2, Ice Ball, dash, NJP, dash, 1, dash, 1, dash, 1, dash, 2, 1, 4, Slide (11 Hits, 30%)
F4, Ice Ball, dash, NJP, dash, 1, dash, 1, dash, 1, dash, 2, 1, 4, Slide (10 Hits, 30%)

Also this combo doesn't matter much but it is 1% more than D4 Slide after 2, 1. It is a bit more difficult but with enough practice you can land it every time:

2, 1, dash, D1, D4, Slide (5 Hits, 19%)

The dash can be after D1 but I think that is harder to do.

Nice list :), I like it when a character forum has all the combos listed for the community.

I think the best thing for the deep jik in the corner is...
Deep JIK... 214... ice ball... 222 (8 hits) (30%) and free clone setup. Alot easier than the one listed in my opinion and same damage.
Deep JIK... 214... ice ball... 22... xray (10hits) (43%) more damage than the one listed.

Also for ocd perposes are we putting the 21 pressure combos:
21... d4... slide (4 hits) (18%)
21... d4... ice blast... b12... 22... slide (8 hits) (27%) (1bar)

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
I really dont like 222 ice clone in the corner. There is a 6 frame unsafe area between a hit 222 and a clone recovery. If you are off by 2 frames in your clone setup you can catch an armored special to the face.

I really dont like 222 ice clone in the corner. There is a 6 frame unsafe area between a hit 222 and a clone recovery. If you are off by 2 frames in your clone setup you can catch an armored special to the face.
But if you're in those 2 frames, full punish :), plus you cant finish a deep jik combo in the corner with 214. But yeah, I was just saying that combo wasn't listed, when it's easier and does the same same damage as the 222 one listed.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Corner:

DeepJK, 212~Ice Blast, 1, 222 - 28% (good for set up Ice Clone);
I just found another way to do this one...

say they just got breaker after you hit the 212... and then you hit them with the ice blast. Instead of doing 1, 222 clone... you can do:

DeepJK, 212~Ice Blast, Fully charged B2 for unblockable damage. It equals 28% as well. Not sure what they can do off the fall from it though... cause they don't land hard like 222. Just something I got by randomly trying shit. lol

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Yeah, definitely. I usually go for a B2 when I know the person wants to break. That way you can get in some damage before they do, regardless of if they block or dont.
I do this too, but its risky cuz if they can break they can armour out usually (assuming the character has armour)
Most people panic though and forget and just try break lol

NVM: I'm wrong this is in the air. My bad.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
And EVEN if they armor out of it they most likely will STILL receive the damage from the fully charged B2. So if it's going to kill, no reason to not use it.

MK Kobra

Noob
How about NJP combos?
Midscreen:
NJP, B12, 212 slide 7 hits
NJP, B12, 214 xray 9 hits
Corner:
NJP, NJP, B12, 214 slide 8 hits
NJP, NJP, B12, 214 xray 10 hits
NJP, B12, 212 freeze, 222 10 hits (Not sure if you can do two NJPs, since the freeze might whiff.)
These are from memory, so I don't know the exact damage.

Here's all his most damaging combos. Pretty much none of them are practical at all :)

lol Way sweet stuff. But yes, impractical as all get out. In fact, that's exactly what I said about the 57% midscreen X-Ray I posted 7 months ago....

/troll. Just kidding man. Great, great stuff.

ChuckFiasco

"I'm the 12th best Sub-Zero player in the world."
What about kind of a odd setup I did by accident the other day...

Clone, turn around jump kick, (knocks them into clone), 2,1,4, slide=27%

Not really a "pressure" kind of set up, but its there.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
What about kind of a odd setup I did by accident the other day...

Clone, turn around jump kick, (knocks them into clone), 2,1,4, slide=29%

Not really a "pressure" kind of set up, but its there.
That situation may come, but I've hardly ever experienced it since my goal is typically to close off one side of the screen and press to the wall.

Anyway... Off-hand, I would assume following up with (b1),2 ~ 2,1,2, Slide would be worth more. Can't check now, might be wrong.

ChuckFiasco

"I'm the 12th best Sub-Zero player in the world."
That situation may come, but I've hardly ever experienced it since my goal is typically to close off one side of the screen and press to the wall.

Anyway... Off-hand, I would assume following up with (b1),2 ~ 2,1,2, Slide would be worth more. Can't check now, might be wrong.
Thats why I said it wasnt really a pressure setup. Who knows maybe someone could do something with it?