What's new

Match-up Discussion - Grandmaster Sub-Zero MU Notes

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
Will test about it in the MUs.

I know about it, too. What if they block the 1st string, and then see that I go for F42~Frost Bomb/Ice Klone? Slide is not an option, because it's risky. I use the slide only if I do a successful combo.
I really want to play you to see what the hell you're talking about lol. Not gonna lie.. just about everything you're saying sounds like gibberish to me.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I feel like slasher Jason is AT LEAST 5-5. B1 can go through ice clone, machete is a good ranged option to destroy it too and Slasher's buttons overall are just way better than subby's

Reactions: D7X

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
A 7-3 matchup is so extremely slanted that it can't even be stressed enough. Blood God actually has some options even if they aren't the greatest.
More specific? I'd say Reptile loses 7-3, maybe 6.5-3.5 (lol I know I use decimals). Reptile has solid armor options. I can't find many tools Kotal has to come close to 6-4

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
More specific? I'd say Reptile loses 7-3, maybe 6.5-3.5 (lol I know I use decimals). Reptile has solid armor options. I can't find many tools Kotal has to come close to 6-4
Disc phases through clone. He can heal which forces sub to go in because turtleneck behind the clone with a life lead won't be a choice.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Disc phases through clone. He can heal which forces sub to go in because turtleneck behind the clone with a life lead won't be a choice.
Haven't lobbed it yet but doesn't the sun light trade with Ice ball? And the pizza definitely trades with ice ball. Also, what tools does he have in the corner? Not even armor. °_° You could argue the parry, but it seems pretty below average to me

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Haven't lobbed it yet but doesn't the sun light trade with Ice ball? And the pizza definitely trades with ice ball. Also, what tools does he have in the corner? Not even armor. °_° You could argue the parry, but it seems pretty below average to me
He has no tools in the corner but he can heal mid screen and make sub go to him. When people say 7-3 most of the time they don't know what that is and its 6-4. A 7-3 matchup is just insanely slanted. It could be 7-3 but War God definitely isn't and this chart is if the opponent makes use of the variation system as it should be and chooses their best variation equipped for Sub-Zero.

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
Anyone know the MU numbers for GM Vs. BG, SG and WG?
I'm assuming by experience online:
BG is like a 8-2
SG is like 6-4
WG is like 7-3
All factoring tools, game plan and even corner play.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I can answer some questions regarding sub vs the following characters and their variants since I play them along with him:

Sub Zero
Kenshi
Kitana
Predator
Triborg
Jason
Alien
Raiden
Mileena
D'vorah
Scorpion
Erron Black
Kotal Kahn

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Some people think so, but I think Sub edges him out because Kotal is free af on knockdown for Sub, the sword going through Klone isn't really enough imo.
True. I know this MU due of my friend's main as WG and BG.

I usually wreck his throwing sword by doing the EX Iceball. I use the Ice Klone to protect myself from him getting near me, for I know that he hasn't the ability to get past the Ice Klone, like Alien, Tanya and the rest do. Another thing that wrecks my Ice Klone is his Tremor.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
True. I know this MU due of my friend's main as WG and BG.

I usually wreck his throwing sword by doing the EX Iceball. I use the Ice Klone to protect myself from him getting near me, for I know that he hasn't the ability to get past the Ice Klone, like Alien, Tanya and the rest do. Another thing that wrecks my Ice Klone is his Tremor.
Aftershock tremor can deal with the Klone but his armor is too slow so he gets raped in the corner. Spamming D4 isn't a terrible thing because Tremor's mids are garbage. Crystalline can outzone Sub as well.

Tanno

Aftershock tremor can deal with the Klone but his armor is too slow so he gets raped in the corner. Spamming D4 isn't a terrible thing because Tremor's mids are garbage. Crystalline can outzone Sub as well.
I played a dude in MKX PC Beta, who used Crystalline Tremor, and I learned this MU. Will look out for his other variations.

BTW, I meant Kotal's tremor. When he is thrusting the ground with his sword he creates the tremor. This is what I meant. ;)

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I played a dude in MKX PC Beta, who used Crystalline Tremor, and I learned this MU. Will look out for his other variations.

BTW, I meant Kotal's tremor. When he is thrusting the ground with his sword he creates the tremor. This is what I meant. ;)
Oh that move is garbage though.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
WG is only 4-6 when the 2nd hit of EX overhead hits.

When it whiffs the match is unwinnable. lol
The only time Iv ever rage quit out of salt was when the second hit of ex overhead whiffed on me. I dropped Kotal out of pure salt even though he is good I just feel cursed with him.

Tanno

Grandmaster doesn't need buffs. The other two need it though.
I agree with you. Only GM needs to fix his whiffing issues there. That's all. The other variations do have this problem. And I want to see how will he fare after patch comes out. Gonna test everything to GM till UB to see which works or no longer works.

Me and @Jeffrey Wolf decided to wait till the patch comes out before doing the new Unbreakable guide.