What's new

Match-up Discussion - Grandmaster Sub-Zero MU Notes

Tweedy

Noob
youre never running under 42 tele 11 online or in tournament lol.
Lol misinformation, boyz.

I'm starting to think Possessed is 5-5. Imo i'm just a master of fighting Sub and no one wants to give me credit. No other Possessed can go even with Buffalo. I can fair well with current Tarkatan.

But maybe my ego is just too large homies.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Lol misinformation, boyz.

I'm starting to think Possessed is 5-5. Imo i'm just a master of fighting Sub and no one wants to give me credit. No other Possessed can go even with Buffalo. I can fair well with current Tarkatan.

But maybe my ego is just too large homies.
Do you play anyone else besides possessed

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Its 5-5. I really wanna say 6-4 since I can't parry air whip or kunal or his wake ups but the wake ups aren't that bad. You can party in between his pressure and full combo with ex slide if aura is on
Yeah it's probably 6-4 but you have better options than the other variations

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Dont let him bully you (Spectral) if you get up on him he doesnt have many viable options, he is full of gaps. You can poke out of all of his hovers and just full combo him. Mystic I dont have any help for that lmao, hes annoying to fight. MoS just block the 50/50 and punish
I know this post is a few weeks old but that info about Spectral is false. There are plenty of blockstrings into the Soul Ascension attacks that cannot be interrupted without armour, and even the ones that do, you still have to respect Spectral's option to counterpoke with EX soul charge.

In all honesty Spectral/MOS still isn't much better for GM. The main disadvantage compared to Mystic on paper is that they have to use EX Lift rather than meterless to combo from it. But even then since they already do so much damage meterless and rarely have to spend meter on anything else they usually have enough spare meter to fully punish unsafe clone blockstrings anyway.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Iv been all over the place with the HQT matchup tbh. I used to think it was 7-3(it probably was vs vanilla Predator). I think it's 5-5 or 6-4. The lasers are really good you just have to be patient and resist the urge to do your usual SZ thing midscreen. D4 can be pretty obnoxious to deal with though. Our D4 is pretty good since Predator only has one good mid string and it's buggy and lacks range.

Midscreen Sub is at disadvantage but the reason I think it's even or at least very close is because you only need one hit and then it's corner time. HQT's armor is absolute trash, and now it doesn't even launch for one bar anymore so in case you drop your controller or something he's not even gonna launch you. I prefer close clone in the corner vs Predator because he can D4 you through far klone so it's best to put it right in his grill so you can mix without having to use B2 so that way he won't D4 punish B2 and take you out of the corner.
Voice of reason in the "I cant put a clone midscreen/cancel each string into clone = 2-8 MU" squealing.
Thank you.

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
How is BRC a 4-6 MU?
"isn't sub-zero able to just bait any close range pokes with his f4 clone or d4 clone" and "Sub Zero can just do [insert combo ending with ice bomb or ice clone] here; how does he lose, it's like even and stuff"

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Bartitsu in the Hands of a Solid Player is really tough for GM. Only played it a few times VS a Good Bo I've a won a set and lost a set (badly) but Unbreakable would be better IMHO. Playing him a lot more these days. I should try next time. That freaking stick can be frustrating.
True. His fucking bartitsu goes through Ice Klone with ease like Alien's pre-patch Tail Snag. He even can negate the Iceball with the bartitsu spin. His Dragon Breath is, also, a pain in the ass. Only Drunken Master has a problem against GM.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
There's other little stuff to consider too. Because of Sub's D4, post overhead demon on hit mind games are kind of in his favor due to Kenshi's D4 and B1 being 13 frames. If Sub runs passed a low demon or bf3, the risk/reward is way in his favor or even, vs Kenshi blowing up an iceball or ice klone with teleport/low demon/bf3.

Foxy is the only Sub I've ever seen manage his plus frames properly in the corner. You can't do 3-4 D1s and still guarantee a klone into 50/50 post f12. You'll just have to hold a wake up push if you try that.
just curious then, what does a sub actually do vs kenshi post f12 corner?

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
Bartitsu in the Hands of a Solid Player is really tough for GM. Only played it a few times VS a Good Bo I've a won a set and lost a set (badly) but Unbreakable would be better IMHO. Playing him a lot more these days. I should try next time. That freaking stick can be frustrating.
That's what I was thinking; like Bartitsu is definitely either good or bad depending on the reads and positioning. I don't see Bar going in unless he gets a stagger hit into his jump in for a combo in the corner. DF is really annoying imo because a really solid player can utilize the meditate stance for a bait and punish combo and then he can just drunk and unleash hell. I'll hit up my training partner and play DF Vs. GM but god; people need to stop sleeping on Bo. He's like GM so I don't get why we don't see him in top 8s.
No comment on DB

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
That's what I was thinking; like Bartitsu is definitely either good or bad depending on the reads and positioning. I don't see Bar going in unless he gets a stagger hit into his jump in for a combo in the corner. DF is really annoying imo because a really solid player can utilize the meditate stance for a bait and punish combo and then he can just drunk and unleash hell. I'll hit up my training partner and play DF Vs. GM but god; people need to stop sleeping on Bo. He's like GM so I don't get why we don't see him in top 8s.
No comment on DB
DF has a stance? are you sure your not confusing it with drunken master?