What's new

Match-up Discussion - Grandmaster Sub-Zero MU Notes

I remember this combo. I tried a bit Lasher Takeda. There's a gap at the OH whip. I saw even Hayatei using this combo quite often before he throws the kunais.

It's true for Cryo, because he no longer has the armor aura on all of the special moves, except of Icy Slide (EX).
But in conclusion because I can legit punish you for your main string (All variations) with a ex slide I think UB beats takeda. Other than that I agree with all the other drink bleaches lmao

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
The parry only doesnt block the kotal sword and disk if im correct, whats wrong with that? You know what they really should change? It should freeze jump ins. That would be C R I S P Y
No, it works perfectly. The Parry works on ALL the projectiles, even the EX ones, except of the DOT ones (Raiden's EX Bolt, Alien's double spit (if timed wrong), Bo's flaming ground, etc).

Tanno

get lasher in the corner and hes dead lol it probably is a 7-3 though. he makes the clone useless in the neutral and in the corner he can punish his b2 free.
^This. Unlike the other variations, I think he doesn't have the teleport skill.

Tanno

So any strats for GM mid screen Vs a Good HQT?

Finding getting in is damn damn hard. Can't jump in, can't clone cancel cause of predator's normals. I Can time a slide though, then do a corner carry combo if he doesn't shoot low...thats a big IF...

I'm finding all I got is ice clone ice ball behind clone unfortunately and a well timed ex ice ball. There has to be better ways in.

Can I play patient and punish with B12 from blocked combos?

Seems Predator has so many options compared to GM in this match up.

Still got the corner if he has no Meter or I can bait it out of him but getting him there is really tough.
Predator is a bad MU for SZ. Your only option is to close in patiently and punish him at the right time. Ice Klone is useless against him, and since he's a weapon variation, you'll have to get near him and punish him with CQC starting combos. The only time that the Ice Klone would work is to notice him charging on you to stab you. Predator has a problem against teleporters. I played against K-Top's Predator, so I know what do I mean. :/

Tanno

Please, guys. Don't remind me this nightmare. rurbomber played me with his Lasher Takeda. I have serious problem against his fucking chain whips.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Iv been all over the place with the HQT matchup tbh. I used to think it was 7-3(it probably was vs vanilla Predator). I think it's 5-5 or 6-4. The lasers are really good you just have to be patient and resist the urge to do your usual SZ thing midscreen. D4 can be pretty obnoxious to deal with though. Our D4 is pretty good since Predator only has one good mid string and it's buggy and lacks range.

Midscreen Sub is at disadvantage but the reason I think it's even or at least very close is because you only need one hit and then it's corner time. HQT's armor is absolute trash, and now it doesn't even launch for one bar anymore so in case you drop your controller or something he's not even gonna launch you. I prefer close clone in the corner vs Predator because he can D4 you through far klone so it's best to put it right in his grill so you can mix without having to use B2 so that way he won't D4 punish B2 and take you out of the corner.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Iv been all over the place with the HQT matchup tbh. I used to think it was 7-3(it probably was vs vanilla Predator). I think it's 5-5 or 6-4. The lasers are really good you just have to be patient and resist the urge to do your usual SZ thing midscreen. D4 can be pretty obnoxious to deal with though. Our D4 is pretty good since Predator only has one good mid string and it's buggy and lacks range.

Midscreen Sub is at disadvantage but the reason I think it's even or at least very close is because you only need one hit and then it's corner time. HQT's armor is absolute trash, and now it doesn't even launch for one bar anymore so in case you drop your controller or something he's not even gonna launch you. I prefer close clone in the corner vs Predator because he can D4 you through far klone so it's best to put it right in his grill so you can mix without having to use B2 so that way he won't D4 punish B2 and take you out of the corner.
Go unbreakable