What's new

Sub-Zero Match-ups

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Okay so I hands down think Cetrion is basically a 7-3 matchup at this point, its basically impossible to ever touch this character. forcing F4s does not work because of rock wall, cant use iceballs unless they are caught slipping pressing a button, cant jump in because of rock wall, theres pretty much no answer for cetrion if anyone has any tips to make it BEARABLE please let me know lol. And this is for DoW
Generally, flawless block hurts Cetrion a lot. Practice fBlk vs strings into rock wall AMP and boulders in general. If you can do it reliably, you can full combo punish amp’d walls, and a big part of her zoning game (blocked boulder > guaranteed geyser) goes away.

Her main string f234 (mid, low, OHx3) is generally what she’ll throw out, so knowing her options from there is a good place to start looking at the MU.

• The full string is -9, meaning our i8 jab is a 1f punish. Luckily, SZ can whiff d4 after her 2nd hit to slip under the OH, making her around -15.
  • f23 xx wall AMP is full combo punishable on flawless block (micro dash 12 xx ice ball).
  • f23 xx flame can be flawless block > u2 punished OR reversal f-dash to make it whiff. This gives us a free jump in punish.
  • f23 raw is a poor stagger at -10. It’s fraudulent, and punishable.
With full DEF meter, you can full combo punish her BnBs by using air breakaway on the hit before she cancels into geyser.

DoW specifically can ice ball AMP to punish her boulder throw on reaction, which is huge. Once she stops throwing those, you can walk her down. At mid range, you should be able to harass her with b1 and d4.

Once you’ve hit her, you’ll obviously want to keep the pressure up. The ultimate goal is to prevent roll outs and get the corner. Her best option once cornered is to teleport away. Fortunately far tp is punishable on reaction by either shoulder/ slide, or on a read, dash b1.

Hope this stuff helps! Lemme know if I missed anything, or you’re having trouble with something specific.

thebus99

Noob
Generally, flawless block hurts Cetrion a lot. Practice fBlk vs strings into rock wall AMP and boulders in general. If you can do it reliably, you can full combo punish amp’d walls, and a big part of her zoning game (blocked boulder > guaranteed geyser) goes away.

Her main string f234 (mid, low, OHx3) is generally what she’ll throw out, so knowing her options from there is a good place to start looking at the MU.

• The full string is -9, meaning our i8 jab is a 1f punish. Luckily, SZ can whiff d4 after her 2nd hit to slip under the OH, making her around -15.
  • f23 xx wall AMP is full combo punishable on flawless block (micro dash 12 xx ice ball).
  • f23 xx flame can be flawless block > u2 punished OR reversal f-dash to make it whiff. This gives us a free jump in punish.
  • f23 raw is a poor stagger at -10. It’s fraudulent, and punishable.
With full DEF meter, you can full combo punish her BnBs by using air breakaway on the hit before she cancels into geyser.

DoW specifically can ice ball AMP to punish her boulder throw on reaction, which is huge. Once she stops throwing those, you can walk her down. At mid range, you should be able to harass her with b1 and d4.

Once you’ve hit her, you’ll obviously want to keep the pressure up. The ultimate goal is to prevent roll outs and get the corner. Her best option once cornered is to teleport away. Fortunately far tp is punishable on reaction by either shoulder/ slide, or on a read, dash b1.

Hope this stuff helps! Lemme know if I missed anything, or you’re having trouble with something specific.
This is all great information! but yeah i didnt realize i can throw out iceball when a boulder is coming tbh i just took it but yeah the biggest obstacle was approaching the character, f4s are basically useless right she can just on reaction keep rock walling and you can never get inside.

thebus99

Noob
I basically made a video version of my previous Cetrion post. Mostly done to make my friends laugh, or cement the info in my head. But if you’re a visual type, here you go.

man i fucking love these videos i swear lmao. i was gonna ask you to make one but didnt wanna feel needy lmao. but thank you bro!