What's new

Tech Sub-Zero Ice Clone Throw Setup

Seapeople

This one's for you
i could swear that i was blown up by kung lao`s spin couple times after landin b121 and dashin to continue pressure!
If you are playing online then you will get blown up everytime. Opponents recover much faster so they can jump out after b121 or even punish your follow up attempt. Might as well not use Sub online at all.
Offline though, the opponent is forced to block basically any move that Sub Zero can do after b121.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
If you are playing online then you will get blown up everytime. Opponents recover much faster so they can jump out after b121 or even punish your follow up attempt. Might as well not use Sub online at all.
Offline though, the opponent is forced to block basically any move that Sub Zero can do after b121.
I believe they adjusted the recovery so that it works the same way online as it does offline... Kung lao cannot spin punish a follow up to b121 online or offline, only if you make your 2 whiif by pressing buttons too early...

Seapeople

This one's for you
I believe they adjusted the recovery so that it works the same way online as it does offline... Kung lao cannot spin punish a follow up to b121 online or offline, only if you make your 2 whiif by pressing buttons too early...
I get blown up for using b121 online all the time and I never mistime the follow up offline. I also instantly punished someone's follow up with Reptile's dash the other day.
Online will always be trash, it can't be fixed lol :/

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I get blown up for using b121 online all the time and I never mistime the follow up offline. I also instantly punished someone's follow up with Reptile's dash the other day.
It doesn't happen to me. I even grab people out of their armoured moves online. Seems strange that you suffer from this... If I mistime the follow up, I get blown up, but only when I mistime, never when I time it correctly.

ryublaze

Noob
Hey guys I found another way to set this up besides B1, 2, 1 and D3, D4. At point blank range if you do 2 (on hit or blocked) then do D4, Ice Clone on hit it will set up the same distance. Note: 2 on hit then D4, Ice Clone won't work if 2 hits while opponent is in stagger state.

So let's say you are pressuring the opponent with 2, 1. The opponent usually doesn't poke after 2 and 2 is only -3 on block. So you can mix up like 21 21 dash 2 d4 Ice Clone etc. You must dash forward before the 2 since that will put you at point blank range.

Seapeople

This one's for you
It doesn't happen to me. I even grab people out of their armoured moves online. Seems strange that you suffer from this... If I mistime the follow up, I get blown up, but only when I mistime, never when I time it correctly.
When I'm playing in a good connection it works fine, but average to awful connections usually blow me up. Lol :'(

RedRaptor10 This is probably the best set up to use against CSZ since 212 is pretty risky. Good stuff man

ryublaze

Noob
When I'm playing in a good connection it works fine, but average to awful connections usually blow me up. Lol :'(

RedRaptor10 This is probably the best set up to use against CSZ since 212 is pretty risky. Good stuff man
Thanks and ironically CSZ is the hardest to do this on since you have to dash back before doing D4, Ice Clone otherwise the Ice Clone will disappear. It's weird but he's the only character that this happens on.

I posted this on the "Glitch Reporting" forums as part of a throw glitch that's STILL in the game about 4 months after release date....
And Tom posted about these setups about 3 months after me.
Good find.....:rolleyes: ugh MK players

ryublaze

Noob
Yeah but difference is, I have proof. Redraptor loves making new threads about old shit and claiming it's his.
Then post it. I post stuff that I've never seen before, and from the looks of it, a lot of people here haven't seen it either.

EDIT: Nevermind just saw your thread. If you even read the original post of this thread, I said I didn't find the throw into clone tech/glitch. I posted how to set it up, which is a different (and much easier) setup than the one you posted in your thread. I don't know what people have against me and credit, but no one really cares about who found what first.

ryublaze

Noob
Hey since this week seems to be Sub-Zero week with all the tech and stuff, I figured I might as well update my original video of this thread. I also want to know what some high-level Subs think Tom Brady. Please note that it's not something that would replace his old setups, but it is another tool he can use. Check the original post to see the updated video. :p

The new video goes a little bit more in depth. I found out that if you delay D4, Ice Clone it will work on the entire cast. The clone is put farther away so this makes it a little more difficult to walk forward and block it. Also added some stuff you can do after D4, Ice Clone hits and other ways to set it up. I still don't know whether Sub-Zero can dash up and 2, 1 after the opponent walks up and blocks the Ice Clone, but looking at the frame data it doesn't seem like he can.

There is still one thing I haven't tested, which is charging B2 once the clone is placed. Some characters can get frozen if they try to counter it...

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
GameSpy did a garbage job indeed.