What's new

Guide - Grandmaster [Pre October '16 patch] Sub-Zero GRANDMASTER Guide reborn

Oh, you mean cannon, in a sense. Because when I read this "canon" I think of this camera firm. lol

Now that makes sense of what @youthinkyoubadyouaintbad .

BTW, I found an interesting glitch in Sub Zero when labbed a new combo to improve Sub Zero's playstyle. I'll need to lab it in the 2 player match to check this out if it's indeed a glitch.

You guys might know this combo:

B2, B2, D1, B12~Ice Klone, NJP, FJP, F12.

But I added this new combo, which is viable.

B2, B2, D1, D1, B12~Ice Klone, NJP, FJP, F12.

The double D1 is viable.

And I don't know if you guys know this following combo:

Ice Klone start: B12~Ice Shatter, B12~Burst. For a fewer hits combo it packs 42%!
was going for this dawg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_(fiction)

yeh the double d1 is a thing - the b12 shatter you mentioned i personally would never do, there's no 50/50 there it's just a frame trap, i don't see it being very useful

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Found another meterless combo:
Rolling Toaster does the double D1 one but the B12 Shatter B12 Burst is New to me for just a few hits. I'll try it tonight in Practice, the only problem is a mid starter Ice Shatter will almost always be Blocked easily where B2 and 12 or B33 Shatters are more viable as they are 50/50s which can Only be Blocked One way. Mids can be Blocked either crouching or standing.
Forgot to add about the 50/50. Depending of where you hit this combo will vary in DMG percentage. The point is to catch off guard your opponent. If your opponent knows Sub Zero very well as if he used to be his main, you'll have a serious problem, because he will know where to defend.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Oh, you mean cannon, in a sense. Because when I read this "canon" I think of this camera firm. lol

Now that makes sense of what @youthinkyoubadyouaintbad .

BTW, I found an interesting glitch in Sub Zero when labbed a new combo to improve Sub Zero's playstyle. I'll need to lab it in the 2 player match to check this out if it's indeed a glitch.

You guys might know this combo:

B2, B2, D1, B12~Ice Klone, NJP, FJP, F12.

But I added this new combo, which is viable.

B2, B2, D1, D1, B12~Ice Klone, NJP, FJP, F12.

The double D1 is viable.

And I don't know if you guys know this following combo:

Ice Klone start: B12~Ice Shatter, B12~Burst. For a fewer hits combo it packs 42%!
Been telling everyone about the double D1 forever yet no one listens to me. The double hit's before B12xxKlone is key to beating the female characters for full damage. It also makes the B2, B2 combo easier because it lowers the opponent and spikes the gravity so they aren't too high for the B12. I've been doing it since last year, Taco does it and so does Buffalo. You can mix and match between S1, D1, D3 just make sure to do two of those. For the females make sure they're at his belt for the B12xxKlone.

Also Tanno for run annotations you should use (xxRun). (xx) is universally considered special cancel.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
Also Tanno for run annotations you should use (xxRun). (xx) is universally considered special cancel.
And a lot of people use tilde(~) for run @Tanno I mean you're at least consistent with it, so it's readable, but I'm a bit of a stickler Meeseeks. Adhering to the sort of notation found elsewhere in the community makes it easier to read, and can only benefit the community.

Tanno

@tafka Djinn and @crosshair271 ,

It's been a mess about the notations there. Everyone writes various and different notations in their combos, which make me a bit confused there. I'm trying to make any combo string more readable, so you get the picture there. I'll note the ~ as run in the next combo strings.

Mind if you guys tell me which notation to use for linked inputs, like the B12 with Ice Klone/Iceball/Ice Burst? I can't write the string like this, B12DB2, and vice versa.

Thank you guys in advance for enlightening me.

@crosshair271 , the double D1, also, works for males. I always use Sub Zero as a training dummy to lab many stuff there. Have been in the lab for awhile to try improving my fighting style. Just got back in training due of this mess in my living room, and finally got it tidied.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
@tafka Djinn and @crosshair271 ,

It's been a mess about the notations there. Everyone writes various and different notations in their combos, which make me a bit confused there. I'm trying to make any combo string more readable, so you get the picture there. I'll note the ~ as run in the next combo strings.

Mind if you guys tell me which notation to use for linked inputs, like the B12 with Ice Klone/Iceball/Ice Burst? I can't write the string like this, B12DB2, and vice versa.

Thank you guys in advance for enlightening me.
Commas (,) are the link notations. Here is an example.

JIP, B12xxShatter, D1, D1, B12xxKlone, NJP, JI2, F12.

Tanno

Commas (,) are the link notations. Here is an example.

JIP, B12xxShatter, D1, D1, B12xxKlone, NJP, JI2, F12.
I see. If you guys say so about these notations and I understood well, then I have a meterless combo that I know.

JIP, B12xxIceball, JIP, 242~1, B12xxBurst. 31%

Tanno

Not what he meant, it was a joke saying every sub starts with d4. Its not explosive or anything, doesn't even make sense.
Well, he explained about it in the wiki. I'm not into much of that english philosophy, so excuse me. I'm not that good with the idioms.

Well, he explained about it in the wiki. I'm not into much of that english philosophy, so excuse me. I'm not that good with the idioms

Sorry I was
Well, he explained about it in the wiki. I'm not into much of that english philosophy, so excuse me. I'm not that good with the idioms.
sorry, I was just giving words that could be related to the word canon, I had a idea the person was joking about it being part of d4

I saw your video some time ago, very nicely done, very informative, I just do not make many responses because I am new, and with lots of learning to do, I feel it is not my place to give opinions to you guys/gals who are superior masters of the game, just bought a monitor and will be practicing your kombo, thanks

Tanno

I saw your video some time ago, very nicely done, very informative, I just do not make many responses because I am new, and with lots of learning to do, I feel it is not my place to give opinions to you guys/gals who are superior masters of the game, just bought a monitor and will be practicing your kombo, thanks
Enjoy your monitor. If anything happens about your combos and need help, don't hesitate to ask. ;)

Enjoy your monitor. If anything happens about your combos and need help, don't hesitate to ask. ;)[/QUOTWant to see preview of mk eleven, go type " mk eleven release date", click the link that shows fanon wiki-wikia, I have been watching this site for over 6 months, and it gets update with spelling mistake corrections and so on, on a request basis, up till Monday it listed about 33 characters, just checked yesterday and have updated it to 100, yes 100 old, present and new character with 3 variations per character and on top of that there will be quest and dlc characters as well, is this for real or just a site wanting this, I think it is real, gives a release date also

Tanno

I admit that I don't understand what's going on with this quote.

I admit that I don't understand what's going on with this quote.
Go to google and type. " mk eleven release date", now a bunch of links will show up and find the one with " mortal kombat eleven fanon wiki-wikia", click on that link and the web site for mortal kombat eleven come up, the release date is given and the site goes into all 100 characters that will be available to play and each character(j. Cage, Sonya, Cassie, Enron black, kotal, Fijin, rain, meat, goro, dvorah, Kung Lao, scorpion, Tanya, tremor, shinnock, Quan, liu kang, Kano to name just a few) will have three variations, I believe this is NRS actual web site for the next mk game, check it out, tell me what you think, can you imagine a list of 300 fighting styles to adapt to, this will be in depth learning and playing and discovering hoards of kombos to do a frame data

Last edited:

Tanno

Go to google and type. " mk eleven release date", now a bunch of links will show up and find the one with " mortal kombat eleven fanon wiki-wikia", click on that link and the web site for mortal kombat eleven come up, the release date is given and the site goes into all 100 characters that will be available to play and each character(j. Cage, Sonya, Cassie, Enron black, kotal, Fijin, rain, meat, goro, dvorah, Kung Lao, scorpion, Tanya, tremor, shinnock, Quan, liu kang, Kano to name just a few) will have three variations, I believe this is NRS actual web site for the next mk game, check it out, tell me what you think, can you imagine a list of 300 fighting styles to adapt to, this will be in depth learning and playing and discovering hoards of kombos to do a frame data
Just wow. It's as if they were just predicting about MK11. Everything there sounds cool, but we'll have to consider them as rumor till Ed Boon or any NRS guy, like @Decay , to confirm this. I'm sure Decay will be interested in these pics, and especially about Gore, the stone golem. Some of their variations are totally wrong. Bi Han is Kuai Liang's older bro and the current Noob Saibot.

Tinkamado? How much his fantasy progressed? Maybe Scorpion might no longer be active, and Tink might be Takeda's trainee.

Jokes aside, I would love to see the whole kast being in MK11 like in MK Trilogy.

If Variations are back it should be only 2 per Character that way we can get some True Balance. Imagine a cross between Grandmaster and Unbreakable for a Defensive Variation with the Clone though ⛄. If not just go back to No Variations which TBH I can't see them abandoning. So yeah 2 Variations would be Best for MK11.

What I would like to ideally see is MKXL being the new Street Fighter 2 where it can have a longer life rather than just doing the next thing. MKXL is still a Damn Good game, who knows with little updates here and there like the Original SF2 had it could really be something.

Anyhoo, that's probably not going to happen as WB will Push for the Next thing where MKXL will Slowly die but one can dream.
So you would like two variations for sz, a mix of gm and unbreakable as one variation and cryo as the other variation, if so I like that, I am beginning to learn gm, I like cryo, gm and mystic

Tanno

So you would like two variations for sz, a mix of gm and unbreakable as one variation and cryo as the other variation, if so I like that, I am beginning to learn gm, I like cryo, gm and mystic
I think that he means to merge GM and CM as a whole new Grandmaster. Imagine Ice Klone stuff and his weapons. He would be uber alles OP.

It would be Grandmaster with the ice shield only.( he gains the shittiest special in this game LOL:p).
And Cryomancer with the aura and aura increasing combos and freezing slide.
both will get an uprade. But Cryomancer would get the biggest part.

I think that he means to merge GM and CM as a whole new Grandmaster. Imagine Ice Klone stuff and his weapons. He would be uber alles OP.
I see what you are saying, but if you merge gm and unbrk as a single variation then cryo would be the other variation for a two variation game correct or is he saying keep gm and merge gm and ub for the second variation
so for cryo where does this leave him, not included as a variation or as the second variation for sz and the first variation is a merge of gm/unbrk to become the new gm mixture

ChuckFiasco

"I'm the 12th best Sub-Zero player in the world."
I havent seen anyone post this...

Opponent in corner, clone is out.

F3,3 opponent hit into clone, 2,4,2 1,2,3 slide...30%.

Its a fun mix up to keep them guessing.

Is this new tech or am I Iate to the party?