What's new

Strategy - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero gimmick thread

KingJerm731

Psn: kingjermx
F4 ex frost bomb after ending a corner combo in 114 blows up every wake up I've tested. This includes reptiles slide. Not something you want to rely on but it'll definitely blow up someone you've been fist fucking in the corner.

Beckmann_2420

I am the Infantry! FOLLOW ME!
Actually I'm using this a lot. Opponent is usually veeery suprised. ;) Good hard to predict trick to end up a close match.
Ya its pretty funny. Usually I only use it if they are somewhat close to the klone and blocking. But sometimes I get ballsy and do it when they are further away. They are so shocked and cant react in time to avoid the throw lol.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
So im just now seeing on mkxframedata.com , that exclone is + 11
Why aren't we using is strictly for pressure and mix up more? Or me myself I should say , but looking at the frame data alone it seems like f33 exclone b2 should be great , or 123exclone123iceburst for pressure. Does anyone really use it for block pressure? All I ever here ppl talk about is b12exclone for midscreen damage

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Why aren't we using is strictly for pressure and mix up more? Or me myself I should say , but looking at the frame data alone it seems like f33 exclone b2 should be great , or 123exclone123iceburst for pressure. Does anyone really use it for block pressure? All I ever here ppl talk about is b12exclone for midscreen damage
That probably means if they literally block it. F33 exclone is practically never safe as well. And yeah there are many applications for it, I'm working on a thread.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
its only f4 ex clone thats +11 i use it all the time trust

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Cryo - Hammer KD 12~iceball. Yolo as hell, but in that situation 12~iceball will freeze midscreen without meter.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
?!? Really ? I use 12hammer after hammer all the time but never iceball , I wonder y this works?
Back when we thought SZ might get some buffs, like b33 xx ice ball connecting on all characters, a bunch of players reported 12 xx ice ball connecting when only the 2nd hit would make contacts.

One theory is that the first active frames of the low longe (2) hit when following the jab (1), making ice ball just barely miss comboing. It could be that any particular active frame after the first, maybe after the first few, would hit more "meaty" and allow the freeze to connect.

Unbreakable: "reset" combo

B12 xx freeze - B12 xx aura xx B12 ~ B2 xx RUN xx F42 xx EX Freeze - NJP - B12 xx frost bomb 55%

:DOGE

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
I
Wait, combos? Lol were they on auto block??
It happened to me when playing offline sets with @spruce when I was playing ft. He labbed it when he got home and confirmed that its legit. We found it out like a month ago

Last edited:

flappysamyhamy

EMPEROR FLAPPY / EGGPLANT
If it hasn't been hotfixed in a month it does. I think I saved those matches. Will upload it when i found it. @spruce help me out here
Because of his large hitbox it might push him into the clone but it is really unlikely that it actually combos and you can't just block it