What's new

Sub-Zero General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
FEEL THE CHILL OF DESPAIR

Greetings! Launch is well underway and the Sub-Zero forum is currently developing its forum infrastructure. We have a newly developed combo thread and will soon have some more technical/matchup focused threads up once players get their bearings. In the meantime, feel free to chill here in the general thread. Here you can discuss all things Sub-Zero with your fellow TYM members. Happy launch, Lin Kuei!

Last edited:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Also keep in mind that if some of the leaks are true we could see older alternate timeline versions of characters. So maybe Sub-Zero's classic moves could come back like the cold shoulder, ice rain, puddle, etc.
Could be. Considering that Scorpion has the same clothes like MKM: Subby, I think we might get all of his original powers split in two or three according to variations. My hunch says that the classic one will be like MKM version.

And they already did that with Captain Cold's Ice Radius (lvl3 trait - D4). I believe we'll see something similar to this.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Double ice clones better be one of his Variation options.
This would be sick. If they implement this in, it'd be a true ice wall without letting someone escape from the corner even if they tried to wallrun. lol

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I can’t wait to see him. If they give him a klone, the Injustice 2 version of Sub proved that NRS is capable of giving him a klone and

1) making it not be broken and completely ruin certain characters lives by its self

2) still let Sub-Zero have functional base normals

I do like the klone and have grown accustomed to it in MKX and I2, but I personally would like to see them go a totally new route with him. Yes the ice klone is iconic, but a cryomancer could potentially have the most creative move list in the game. Looking at Glacius’s animations in KI 2013 makes me wonder what NRS could do with Sub-Zero if they ditched the klone and give really made use of his abilities, with ice man style slides for mobility, geysers, spikes, a higher variety of projectiles, elaborate more on the frost armor and ice weapons from MKX. I know it’s wishful thinking, no matter what route they go with him, I’m really excited to see him.

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
Maybe they can give Subzero decent normals and pressure strings this time around like every other character.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Maybe they can give Subzero decent normals and pressure strings this time around like every other character.
I don't think they ever wanted Sub-Zero to be a pressure character. They wanted him to be defensive and neutral heavy, they just didn't know how to design him in a balanced way. Sub-Zero was either oppressive or got oppressed. There was no in between.

I don't have an issue with him being a defensive character, but his normals sucked overall and his kit needs to be better in 11.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
His normals sucked but didn’t suck at the same time, they were very obviously designed to compliment Grandmaster though, not really the others.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
He had shit frames on every string, not great range, and without the klone had a lot of issues because of it.

But on the other hand he had
- insane backdash
- 9f D4 that low profiles and has good range
- 7f D1 that was only -3 on block
- a 50/59
- busted jump ins

subzert

Frozen Soul
They can bring Bi Han Sub Zero and Kuai Liang Sub Zero back as the two variations. Gonna be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.