What's new

Guide Sub-Zero Frame Data

ryublaze

Noob
This looks quite important. Normally I just go by experience, find what works, and remember the recovery times on everyone's movesets. When facing a solid opponent, I joke often, "wow, this guy must've studied the frame charts. Geez." But now I see how important it is.

Given as far as I've gotten in MK9, however, I don't know what to do from here. I've either read attacks as simply "safe on block" or not, and which comes out the fastest.
Basically Sub's D4 is the fastest d4 in the game and it's safe on block so you can use it as a primary footsie tool up close. You can use d3 or d4 to get out of pressure or to counterpoke. A D4 on hit grants enough advantage for you to dash up and do 21 pressure. Also never use Sub's D1 because D4 is just better.

You can make any string safe by cancelling into clone but some stuff like 214 clone (IIRC) can be punished by fast advancing specials like Scorpion's spear. There is a gap you have to worry about between 21 and 2, and your oppnoent can armor through it. So it is 2,1 (gap) 2 and they can armor in between, so watch out for that especially when setting up the 212 clone trap in the corner.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Somberness: How much is Ice Clone on block? I know it's probably not that useful information but it can possibly help in one of his corner setups. Thanks.
raptor are you talking about the "not-official" reset setup where you throw sm1 into a clone using a hard knockdown string like 222?

ryublaze

Noob
raptor are you talking about the "not-official" reset setup where you throw sm1 into a clone using a hard knockdown string like 222?
idk I don't remember. I think I was talking about some corner gimmick where you have a clone up then u slide them and as they get up they have to block the clone or else they get frozen. I think what I was trying to find out was if you could get an ice puddle off while they block but later found out that it was too slow.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
idk I don't remember. I think I was talking about some corner gimmick where you have a clone up then u slide them and as they get up they have to block the clone or else they get frozen. I think what I was trying to find out was if you could get an ice puddle off while they block but later found out that it was too slow.
hmm the other day i found out that hitting someone with 222 or 13F4 with a clone behind them is a "semi" reset. but its blockable. do you know about it?
anyway i came to see since they can block the clone after the string whats the advantage of blocking the clone, I saw u asking that question so thought u maybe were talking about it

ryublaze

Noob
hmm the other day i found out that hitting someone with 222 or 13F4 with a clone behind them is a "semi" reset. but its blockable. do you know about it?
anyway i came to see since they can block the clone after the string whats the advantage of blocking the clone, I saw u asking that question so thought u maybe were talking about it
idk I don't think somberness ever put up how many frames the opponent's stunned for after blocking a clone