What's new

Sub-Zero Combo Thread | [Launch Edition]

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
@Lokheit okay so our numbers are different because I was using slide MB. I was trying to keep the damage between variations competitive and didn’t annotate that I was using meter with the enders.

The 124 KB combo used s4 xx ice ball as a starter. Meant to be more of a read based combo punishing wake ups.

Lokheit

Noob
@Lokheit okay so our numbers are different because I was using slide MB. I was trying to keep the damage between variations competitive and didn’t annotate that I was using meter with the enders.

The 124 KB combo used s4 xx ice ball as a starter. Meant to be more of a read based combo punishing wake ups.
I see, I will test these tomorrow to see if the numbers are the same with the MB finisher, I was going for the meterless versions.

HAMMER

Noob
I like Sub-Zero a lot in this game. I'm still not familiar with the game's play style so I'm unsure if I'll keep him as my main. I like him more than my previous temporary mains (Shao Kahn / Kabal); so, I'll keep him as my main for now.

[Shinnok]Tell me[/Shinnok], what are his BNB in the variation with the air axe projectile?

Also, what are the strengths/cons of both of his tournament variations?

I like the Thin Ice variant because it has that step back projectile which is good chip damage and of course, the slide!!

Also: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/253573-mortal-kombat-11/77689323

I know it's "trolololol" GameFAQs; but, what does he mean the enhanced Ice-Ball gives a 50/50? Is it an overhead or something?

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
I like Sub-Zero a lot in this game. I'm still not familiar with the game's play style so I'm unsure if I'll keep him as my main. I like him more than my previous temporary mains (Shao Kahn / Kabal); so, I'll keep him as my main for now.

[Shinnok]Tell me[/Shinnok], what are his BNB in the variation with the air axe projectile?

Also, what are the strengths/cons of both of his tournament variations?

I like the Thin Ice variant because it has that step back projectile which is good chip damage and of course, the slide!!

Also: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/253573-mortal-kombat-11/77689323

I know it's "trolololol" GameFAQs; but, what does he mean the enhanced Ice-Ball gives a 50/50? Is it an overhead or something?
Ex Iceball allows you to freeze from F2 (overhead) or B32 (low). It requires meter though. Rising Ice also lets you start combos from F2 for a bar (but it whiffs from F2 max distance).

HAMMER

Noob
Ex Iceball allows you to freeze from F2 (overhead) or B32 (low). It requires meter though. Rising Ice also lets you start combos from F2 for a bar (but it whiffs from F2 max distance).
Thanks. Is "Rising Ice" the shoulder-charge move? I've been using THIN-ICE.

Inception

I love Kitana
I am having problems with B14 DF1 dash J3 B143 DF3

the problem i am having is after the J3 connecting B143

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I can make some tutorials for SZ BnBs if there’s a need/ want for it. I did this for Robin in I2 and it helped some people out.
The problem with Sub Combos in mk11 is that they are tight as fuck and incredibly finicky.

I can do them, but nine times out of ten I just do J2 B143xxSlide after ice ball everytime.

I liked his run combos midscreen in MKX, gave him a real sense of momentum. His corner combos were tight (especially Unbreakable) but there was a fun rhythm to them. Now he just feels awkward.

I think a video guide would be helpful. If you wanna make one go for it.

I hate his corner combos in this mk an his d1 recovery is slow. Can you only combo after b3,2 slide in the corner? With other starters i can connect a d1 but nothing afterwards. After b3,2 slide it is actually easier to hit s2 3x or at least 2x and it still does more dmg than doing 3 of his d1