What's new

Sub-Zero Combo Thread | [Launch Edition]

Zith

Noob
Im hitting the 3x d1 much easier after corner slide
3x d1 + 1 2 4 is more consitent for me after slide than timing 2
After the B32, Slide?

If you are using the crushing blow. The corner slide route does less. I haven't seen the math on how damage scales yet.

After B32, ice ball, enders
JIK, 2, 2, 2, 2, 124. 37.9%
JIP2, B32, Slide, d1, d1, d1, 124. 37.5%

Also you could do 12, slide
As they do the same damage, but you can exslide for a bit more. I've been ommiting one of the d1s to improve consistancy.

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
I know Rising Ice isn't tournament allowed (yet), but anyway I've been labbing it and I think I got the optimized combos. If anyone manages to squeeze more from it let me know:

"Starter" = B14 for footsies, B32 for low, 21 for punishes (all deal the same damage, 12 punishes deals 10 less in every scenario).

I'm listing the "easy versions" on the Midscreen combos because the damage drop is of just 1% and the execution on the easy ones is really easy, leaving the optimized ones for bragging as that 1% generally isn't worth much.

Midscreen:

(Starter -> Iceball), JI2, 21xxRisingIceEX, B2, B143xxSlide = 309.69 (333.24 with initial JI2).
Easy Version: (Starter -> Iceball), JI2, 21xxRisingIceEX, B132xxSlide = 298.72 (323.91 with initial JI2).

F2xxRisingIceEX, B2, B2xxIceball, JI2, B143Slide = 293.13 (319.16 with initial JI2).
Easy Version: F2xxRisingIceEX, B2xxIceball, JI2, B143Slide = 283.51 (310.98).

(I've been trying to do the crossover kick finisher for the OH starter but no matter at which height I freeze the opponent, B143 won't connect after the first hit, and even if it was doable, the corner carry of this option is great).

Corner:

(Starter -> Iceball), JI2, B32xxSlide, 21xxRisingIceEX, B143xxSlide = 356.57 (373.09 with JI2)

(If you try to add any standing one before the "21xxRisingIceEX", then B143 won't work)

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I know Rising Ice isn't tournament allowed (yet), but anyway I've been labbing it and I think I got the optimized combos. If anyone manages to squeeze more from it let me know:

"Starter" = B14 for footsies, B32 for low, 21 for punishes (all deal the same damage, 12 punishes deals 10 less in every scenario).

I'm listing the "easy versions" on the Midscreen combos because the damage drop is of just 1% and the execution on the easy ones is really easy, leaving the optimized ones for bragging as that 1% generally isn't worth much.

Midscreen:

(Starter -> Iceball), JI2, 21xxRisingIceEX, B2, B143xxSlide = 309.69 (333.24 with initial JI2).
Easy Version: (Starter -> Iceball), JI2, 21xxRisingIceEX, B132xxSlide = 298.72 (323.91 with initial JI2).

F2xxRisingIceEX, B2, B2xxIceball, JI2, B143Slide = 293.13 (319.16 with initial JI2).
Easy Version: F2xxRisingIceEX, B2xxIceball, JI2, B143Slide = 283.51 (310.98).

(I've been trying to do the crossover kick finisher for the OH starter but no matter at which height I freeze the opponent, B143 won't connect after the first hit, and even if it was doable, the corner carry of this option is great).

Corner:

(Starter -> Iceball), JI2, B32xxSlide, 21xxRisingIceEX, B143xxSlide = 356.57 (373.09 with JI2)

(If you try to add any standing one before the "21xxRisingIceEX", then B143 won't work)
You get more damage with

String, ice ball, string, rising ice ex, b2, B143xxSlide

The thing about rising ice is that if it ever becomes tournament legal, there's no way that they keep it at -4 on block, thereby giving SZ safe, launching 50/50s that do 30% damage. So it would end up losing its main strength, considering these combos do about the same as his normal BnBs anyhow.

Lokheit

Noob
The thing about rising ice is that if it ever becomes tournament legal, there's no way that they keep it at -4 on block, thereby giving SZ safe, launching 50/50s that do 30% damage. So it would end up losing its main strength, considering these combos do about the same as his normal BnBs anyhow.
It's not -4 it's full combo punished by anything you throw at it. Frame data doesn't seem to take the fall time into account. I'd say it's easier to punish than iceball and slide.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Has and one tested the slide stand two rout on female characters. I was testing earlier and it seems like you can’t get the 2 S2s on Kitana. You have to do slide into 21 slide.

Lum@na

Noob
So I have been playing the straight mix Sub (aka EX iceball + shoulder). You play neutral until you get an iceball to connect and go into b1,4 and instead of finishing you stay plus and either b3,2 or f2 as an almost true 50/50 (thanks plus frames) into iceball cancel. Then you follow up with b1,4 and repeat.

You can easily get 40% and then still cash out with b1,4,3 Slide. You are immune to all defensive bar options (wakeups, breaks, etc.). The window to get b3 or f2 in is tight but you can lab it easily. Lots of RQs.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
So I have been playing the straight mix Sub (aka EX iceball + shoulder). You play neutral until you get an iceball to connect and go into b1,4 and instead of finishing you stay plus and either b3,2 or f2 as an almost true 50/50 (thanks plus frames) into iceball cancel. Then you follow up with b1,4 and repeat.

You can easily get 40% and then still cash out with b1,4,3 Slide. You are immune to all defensive bar options (wakeups, breaks, etc.). The window to get b3 or f2 in is tight but you can lab it easily. Lots of RQs.
Why do people prefer b14 for the restand instead of b32?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
@Samsara this combo is his optimal midscreen one. It's in one of the videos in this thread and it's pretty easy to land:

starter ~ ice ball, crossover J4, s2, dash 124

I can do Sonya's cancel without many problems, but god dammit, how do you guys get the crossover j4 to not kick them away? Even if i hit them like in the videos i cannot 100% know if i will be able to combo afterwards. Also, any ideal combos for his b2 into ice launcher?

Histrionik

Wake-Up Rolls, bitch.
I can do Sonya's cancel without many problems, but god dammit, how do you guys get the crossover j4 to not kick them away? Even if i hit them like in the videos i cannot 100% know if i will be able to combo afterwards. Also, any ideal combos for his b2 into ice launcher?
I’m having the same issue. So much so that I’m wondering if I just shouldn’t play the character at all if I can’t get optimal damage.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
You have to kick high on the other side. Connect with their head. They should pop all the way up.

B2 into ice ball, jk, B143xxSlide

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
@Lokheit the route is

Ji2, b32 xx ice ball, jik, s4, s2, s2, s2, “ender” either 12 xx special or 124 KB

DoW: 380.58
TI: 367.11 (w/ KB 450.86)
124 KB: 443.27

Lokheit

Noob
@Lokheit the route is

Ji2, b32 xx ice ball, jik, s4, s2, s2, s2, “ender” either 12 xx special or 124 KB

DoW: 380.58
TI: 367.11 (w/ KB 450.86)
124 KB: 443.27
Are those numbers with enhanced gear?

I did the TI one and it deals 332.39 rather than the listed 367.11

It's only slightly more than the same from B32Slide (with 3x S3 and ended in 12Slide in both versions) which is 330.69

The tight timing makes me doubt I would incorporate it for a 0.16% extra damage even if that's the optimal paths.

I will test the KB ones, those might be worth it due to damage scaling.

EDIT: Finishing with 124KB is 417.81 rather than 443.27 (without the starter and iceball it's 431.75 as the starter scales down the damage, still not as high as that listed number).

Basically on the regular combo a +0.16% upgrade on the regular one and +2.8% on the KB version. But execution is tight AF.

PS: What this whole testing session made me realize though is that multiple s3 followed by 124/Slide is slightly more optimal than B143Slide so I'm now optimizing other things I thought I had maxed lol.

Last edited:

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Are those numbers with enhanced gear?

I did the TI one and it deals 332.39 rather than the listed 367.11

It's only slightly more than the same from B32Slide (with 3x S3 and ended in 12Slide in both versions) which is 330.69

The tight timing makes me doubt I would incorporate it for a 0.16% extra damage even if that's the optimal paths.

I will test the KB ones, those might be worth it due to damage scaling.

EDIT: Finishing with 124KB is 417.81 rather than 443.27 (without the starter and iceball it's 431.75 as the starter scales down the damage, still not as high as that listed number).

Basically on the regular combo a +0.16% upgrade on the regular one and +2.8% on the KB version. But execution is tight AF.

PS: What this whole testing session made me realize though is that multiple s3 followed by 124/Slide is slightly more optimal than B143Slide so I'm now optimizing other things I thought I had maxed lol.
I don’t think I’m using enhanced gear. But to be fair, I don’t how to check if I am or not... I don’t have any augments in the slots for either character, I’m using tournament variations, I’m running current patch. Idk what’s up.

EDIT: for the 124 KB/ 443 damage combo, I’m doing ji2, s4 xx ice ball. I didn’t note that originally. Still doesn’t add up, though.