What's new

Sub-Zero Can Slide Under Deadshot's Deadly Assault Projectile

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
After the vid that @Tom Brady did about Sub-Zero and how he can deal with Zoning using his MB Ice Burst, I have discovered that Sub-Zero can actually Slide under Deadshot's Deadly Assault projectile, basically avoiding the Zoning even more with Sub-Zero.

So let's just Slide our way to victory! :)

EDIT:

I'm sorry but only not I've just discovering this, it turns out that Sub-Zero can also use the Slide against Deadshot's MB Deadly Assault. It turns out that in case Deadshot tries to MB the Deadly Assault and Sub-Zero Slides under the shot from a mid-range, not only he's gonna Slide under the shot and hit Deadshot, but he's gonna hit him right after he burns the Meter burn but not shooting the rest of the shots yet, basically causing Deadshot to waste a bar of Meter.

Sorry of the splited vids

@Tom Brady
@Lokheit
@Macdaddy
@Tanno
@Metzos

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

If at first you don't succeed, slide, slide again.
I purposly did that to show that you don't need to be in specific range from Deadshot to Slide under the Deadly Assault, I didn't mean to hit Deadshot all the time.

Does he clear the MB version ? That's all that really matters.
No he can't because once Deadshot meter-burns the special all of the shots come right after the first one with no gap whatsoever. But it still matters because Deadshot can always pull it off and it's still a low projectile, so the fact that Sub can Slide under it can still catch the opponent off guard.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
I purposly did that to show that you don't need to be in specific range from Deadshot to Slide under the Deadly Assault, I didn't mean to hit Deadshot all the time.

No he can't because once Deadshot meter-burns the special all of the shots come right after the first one with no gap whatsoever. But it still matters because Deadshot can always pull it off and it's still a low projectile, so the fact that Sub can Slide under it can still catch the opponent off guard.
IC, thanks. Its a nice thing for sub, using the single shot is a risk 3/4 screen or closer on anyone because of recovery so I typically use it sparingly for most matchups, but a risk as it should be in my opinion for DS. Nice find.

Roy Arkon

We should test if he can slide under the last shot of meterburn rifle. So 3/4 closer he pull off sliding under MB rifle. Sigh
The thing is that once the Deadshot's MB the rifle, all of the other shots come in full speed with no gap. I'm not sure how safe the MB Deadly Assault is in case you wanna punish it with a Slide.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
The thing is that once the Deadshot's MB the rifle, all of the other shots come in full speed with no gap. I'm not sure how safe the MB Deadly Assault is in case you wanna punish it with a Slide.
I'm not at home, and that was what I was curious about, if there was a gap. Its minus 12 on hit, it cant be any better then that on block lol. The push back pretty much disallows a punish from most characters, but sub may be able to punish.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
So sub zero's slide can't.. but Catwoman's b3 can. Interesting.
I'm not a CW main, so I wouldn't know. I know what you mean, cuz I played her a bit. I can imagine that she jumps over the low profiled zonings.

Very interesting, indeed.

If Sub had the MB Slide, like in MKX, he would be a deadly weapon against even the low profiled zoners.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I once slid under the first shot online and I was able to block the follow up MB shots.. I don't know from what range we kan do this on reaction though (or if we even kan), I'm guessing that at some ranges you'll just be punished.