What's new

Sub-Zero and Liu Kang Confirmed by Best Buy Canada

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
So in a another leak from our friends outside the U.S., Bestbuy Canada revealed the addition of Sub-Zero and Liu Kang for the upcoming Mortal Kombat 11 roster. I'm sure fans around the world are going to be rocked by this revelation.

In the listing taken from their official website, you see it pretty clearly spelled out. Frankly, if Sub-Zero didn't have the slight possibility of not making the roster due to the fact that nothing requires him to be around, I wouldn't have bothered with this. Raiden was shown in the trailer, and Liu Kang was a given considering his role at the end of Mortal Kombat X as the new ruler of the Netherrealm alongside Kitana. But I'm sure fans of the two will be glad to get some kind of confirmation. And we can count on Ninjakilla having his character ready to go in April.

Beyond that, there's nothing really new here. The custom character variations get a mention and they've made sure to remind us this epic saga has been 25 years in the making. Sooooooo....yeah. Thanks to Reddit user ColinXVII for his post pointing this out and thanks to Canada and Italy for not double checking their game descriptions to see what info is available to the public. Until the next leak, see you guys later!

P.S. Credit to the man @TamedLizard for bringing this to my attention and credit to @DelSchokoladenSaft for bringing it to his via the TYM Discord

Last edited:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
To be expected, but still cool to know.

I wasn't digging the "Sub-Zero is DLC" conspiracy theories because he wasn't in the trailer.
It was about time Scorpion was mopped, and so Raiden got mopped. Every year they had Sub Zero getting a beating. That's enough. Give Subby a rest.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
PLEEEASE don't make sub zero a dumb corner 50/50 character in this game, maybe somewhat closer to his injustice self. Just make him into an advancing wall of icy death and ill be happy.

Tanno

PLEEEASE don't make sub zero a dumb corner 50/50 character in this game, maybe somewhat closer to his injustice self. Just make him into an advancing wall of icy death and ill be happy.
Even if you ask for it, you'll see his IK right on your face. lol

Tanno

he can corner trap, but 50:50/throw into ice clone shouldnt be a thing.
If you wanted, you could avoid it by reaction. If you see Sub charging in, go for the wallrun to get away from it. It's the only option to get outta there. This is why the interactions were there. If not, you'd be in serious shit.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
If you wanted, you could avoid it by reaction. If you see Sub charging in, go for the wallrun to get away from it. It's the only option to get outta there. This is why the interactions were there. If not, you'd be in serious shit.
so then your at the mercy of stage select, which still doesnt make it ok. so no, he don't need the faceroll mixing.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
MK is about mixups dude. MK also holds true the values of neutral and footsies unlike certain street fighters so don't wanna get crushed in the corner, win neutral!
Except MK9 wasnt about mix mix mix, it had very few characters like that (freddy is one of the main ones i can think of) that was only introduced with mkx. So no it doesnt need to be super mix heavy faceroll extravaganza.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Come on, we all knew Sub and Liu would return. They're both klassics and legendary characters in MK lore. That and fans would riot.