What's new

Match-up Discussion Sub X-ray vs Mileena D4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metalic

Noob
So I'm playing this pretty good Mileena, and I managed to get them to the corner while I'm sitting on 3 bars. After a few pressure strings, I guess that she'll probably poke so I pull the trigger on the X-Ray. Sure enough, they tried to poke with D4. Here's where it gets odd. The X-ray had already started moving forward, so I know I had armor, PLUS Sub flashed gold/yellow/whatever so I SAW that I absorbed the hit and took damage from it. However, the X-Ray didn't land, instead we just switched places. I went straight through Mileena, but it didn't land.

So I'm assuming this just due to Mileenas insanely low D4 hitbox and guaranteed to happen. Am I right, or is it due to the fact it's Mortal Kombat and shit just happens sometimes?

Dark_Rob

Noob
So I'm playing this pretty good Mileena, and I managed to get them to the corner while I'm sitting on 3 bars. After a few pressure strings, I guess that she'll probably poke so I pull the trigger on the X-Ray. Sure enough, they tried to poke with D4. Here's where it gets odd. The X-ray had already started moving forward, so I know I had armor, PLUS Sub flashed gold/yellow/whatever so I SAW that I absorbed the hit and took damage from it. However, the X-Ray didn't land, instead we just switched places. I went straight through Mileena, but it didn't land.

So I'm assuming this just due to Mileenas insanely low D4 hitbox and guaranteed to happen. Am I right, or is it due to the fact it's Mortal Kombat and shit just happens sometimes?
Its a random bug that sometimes happens when you do an xray to close to the opponent. It doesnt have anything to do with mileena's D4 per se, but i can see her wierd hitbox issues aggravating the problem. It happened to me last night at VSM while I was playing Rapzilla and he uses Reptile. All I can say is MK9 bro, MK9.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
D4's move the center of your hitbox towards your opponent, making it so that you're closer to them than you really are.
This is why D4's screw jump punches over so well.

Metalic

Noob
Its a random bug that sometimes happens when you do an xray to close to the opponent. It doesnt have anything to do with mileena's D4 per se, but i can see her wierd hitbox issues aggravating the problem. It happened to me last night at VSM while I was playing Rapzilla and he uses Reptile. All I can say is MK9 bro, MK9.
Thanks Rob. The more I thought about it the more I was leaning towards MK being MK.

D4's move the center of your hitbox towards your opponent, making it so that you're closer to them than you really are.
This is why D4's screw jump punches over so well.
Unless you're Scorpion of course. Thanks for the information though.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Scorpions D4 moves him forward and screws up peoples jump punches too.
Actually, now that I think about it, Sub Zero's may not. And anyone with a similar animation where they lean back instead of forward.

pretty sure it's what pimpuigi said, d4 really lowers her hitbox. If you do 214 ice clone, mileena can roll under the ice clone. She can escape lots of moves like JC's flip kick and raiden's superman with her d4.

Metalic

Noob
Scorpions D4 moves him forward and screws up peoples jump punches too.
Actually, now that I think about it, Sub Zero's may not. And anyone with a similar animation where they lean back instead of forward.
Meant Scorps JIP, lol. Seems to hit crouching boxes a lot more often than others.

pretty sure it's what pimpuigi said, d4 really lowers her hitbox. If you do 214 ice clone, mileena can roll under the ice clone. She can escape lots of moves like JC's flip kick and raiden's superman with her d4.
Had no idea it avoided superman, geez. Might be the hitbox afterall. Times like this I wish MK9 actually had a robust training mode. I'd test it myself, but it's 2am. Anyway, appreciate all the input.

I think its a bug, one time i throw iceball and kitana throws her Xray i got stunned for 2 secs but didnt take Xray dmg Oo

Status
Not open for further replies.