What's new

Sub Forum Management - Report out of place threads.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
When we added all the sub forums I went through myself and did various word searches in this forum and moved threads in bulk. I'm sure I missed some here and there that didn't have character names in the Subject, so if anyone is skimming through this generalized part and finds a thread that deals with a specific character, post the link here with the character name next to it and I'll move it to the correct sub forum.

Also, should we add some other sections of common topics as well?

Edit:

Forums are now extremely orderly. Please report any out of place threads so this forum will remain completely filtered and still use the search function within specific threads. It should be EXTREMELY easy to locate threads about various topics now. We don't need any more Reptile Juggle threads!

oBryant

Noob
When we added all the sub forums I went through myself and did various word searches in this forum and moved threads in bulk. I'm sure I missed some here and there that didn't have character names in the Subject, so if anyone is skimming through this generalized part and finds a thread that deals with a specific character, post the link here with the character name next to it and I'll move it to the correct sub forum.

Also, should we add some other sections of common topics as well?
you should add a basic fighting thread i guess.. as in kara jabs run jabs.. meaning of AA and what can you do with it.. and rush down tactics

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah I was planning on that, it was the thing I thought of for the "other" categories actually.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Tier list discussions for the MK3, UMK3 & MKT (PSX & N64), UMK3 on XBL/DS & kombo vids :)

I'll have more as I look around

dubson

Noob
Merge N64 MKT thread with PSX MKT thread and just make it "MKT Tier List Discussion" for all versions?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The reason why there hasn't been a combined thread for MKT's is because there would be a considerable amount of confusion in discussion itself.

Selpex

Noob
Yeah I was planning on that, it was the thing I thought of for the "other" categories actually.
shock wants everyone to know it was HIS IDEA FIRST ;P
i kid, whats up buddy, been a while! i say my own category should be made labeled "DUDE YOU SLOWED THAT GAME DOWN"

arcade stick technique would be useful I think. By this I mean explaining "taps", how you hold your hand, what fingers you use to press various buttons, how you pull off certian, how longislandmk pulls off crazy $#@! on me in Kaillera (last one TIC).
I've seached and found a couple threads on it but would appreciate all the info there is. You could also put in dpad and keyboard help if you want as well.

I don't understand the point of character sub-forums. It's just useless clutter... let's be honest... the Ultimate/Mortal/Trilogy forum wasn't getting that much traffic... this site isn't exactly Grand Central Station in terms of population and people coming/going so it seems that the character sub-forums are just a waste of space.

Shock, why can't you just let people use the "search" function like you did. Even if they don't, it's not like we're constantly bombarded by new topics concerning characters.

It seems to me like you wanted to clean house, but ended up making a clutter on the Ultimate/MK3/Trilogy page.

Perhaps it'd be more prudent to make it it's own link into the characters threads.

MK Forum
|
|- Ult/MK3/Trilogy
|
|- Character Threads
|- Kabal
|- Kung Lao
|- etc

Does that make sense or am I being a bit too vague or confusing. It makes sense to me, does anyone else see what I'm getting at? Like, instead of all of those links to characters, perhaps one link to the list of character sub-forums.

dubson

Noob
I see what your saying QuiGon, and I like your idea.

It seems way too clustered in here now. Now people have to scroll way down to see other threads and may not even know it is there. They may just be clicking on the UMK3 section thinking it is just character sub-forums.

Note, that I do like the character sub forums. I just think it's really clustered in here. But there aren't exactly that many options...

Agreed.

I like the idea, because it's really easy to find topics with the sub-forums.

It's a pain to look for the GG's thread. I mean, the forum page is huge now.

I like the idea too QuiGon.

Exactly. I understand the need to clean up the forum, but was it really a necessary thing?

I mean, there's only a few characters worth making a sub forum for to begin with. There's only 8 out of 26 characters listed there that have more than 10 topics created concerning them and only half of them have been talked about in the last 2 months.

I mean, Raiden in MKT hasn't been talked about since February of this year.

The whole character sub-forum just seems like a waste of space, if you ask me. Like I said, it's not like we're constantly spammed by the same topics about Kabal or Sindel every day.

Personally, I would vote to remove the character sub-forums altogether and just go back to the way it was.

dubson

Noob
Only recently though.

People go through "UMK3 Phases" I guess.

It can get annoying with the same repeat threads.

Maybe they could put the character options at the very bottom and let the reg umk3 board be the first thing you see, I'm sure someone said that but I agree with whoever said that.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Wow, why don't we just shut down the site then?

The forum can be organized however we want. Making individual character forums is a good idea.

HAYRON

Noob
I think the sub-forums are a great idea. no more digging.

Even searches aren't great sometimes because you may type "Sindel" and get tons of threads with the word sindel in them and only 2 of them have the answer you are looking for.

Maybe one thing that could be done to slightly improve the current layout would be to group them into sub-forums one more layer deep, by Tier. That way in the main UMK3 forum there would only be a few sub forums at the top. Just a thought.

Wow, why don't we just shut down the site then?

The forum can be organized however we want. Making individual character forums is a good idea.
Agreed, I love the character forums tons. Whether you organize them in a sub forum or not doesn't matter to me, even though folks don't post much in them that is where I go when I practice on mame (that and the strategy guides)

I look forward to for the "other" sub forum explaining anti-air (my biggest weakness), run jabs and the like

thanks for all the work you guys put in to this site it's da shiz!