What's new

Studying the Battlefield- Jax video Thread

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Besides the godlike title. This will be the main thread where we will post all videos Jax related. I mean...why not? We need to study footage before going into battle anyways. I'll get things started with my boy TYRANT! BTW, it's okay to post some video before the other patch. We go as far as 1.03.

so at 5:10 in the video of Krayzie vs Tyrant. Reptile does the backhand with the acid ball...jax just neutral blocked it. When I block it, it sends me flying..did they change the properties on it or something? Or was he really crouch blocking it with a fuzzy guard?

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Well....In my experience with that move. It doesn't push me back. But it seems Rep is on frame adv. after that because I ate a dash every time trying to punish it.

Probably should of broken it into pieces but here's the links to the different matches in this video.

Jax vs SubZero
Jax vs Mileena @2:53
Jax vs Smoke @4:46
Jax vs SubZero @8:05
Jax vs Sektor @10:34
Jax vs Johnny Cage @12:50

If you got the actual youtube page I have the links in the description.

There was commentary on this one but i think i might of left that audio channel mutted so only half of it went in final :(
Anyways, i got my answer for the Dash Blocking like minutes ago...so no need to answer that.

So please critique! All matches are Post-patch! I'm looking for new ways to setup mixups and to actually catch people in different kombos.

Hitbox_Tyrant

"R.T.S.D" -Alex Valle
so at 5:10 in the video of Krayzie vs Tyrant. Reptile does the backhand with the acid ball...jax just neutral blocked it. When I block it, it sends me flying..did they change the properties on it or something? Or was he really crouch blocking it with a fuzzy guard?
I fuzzy blocked reptiles acid ball xD

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Well, I just learn that F+3 isn't only for mix up or 50/50. It can be used in combos. Still testing thoguh. I think I can get a good meterless combo or a nasty way into the corner reset. Basically, I'm making combos that lead into the corner off of gp trap, but instead of 1,1, and blah. I do f+3 and a well time d1 to start the fun.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Thank you.

Edit: I found a hole in Foxy's anti-Jax. YOU HAVE TO BLOCK F4 TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. Which is they are crouching. I'm going to walk up and hit f4 to get smack. I can make you eat f3 or overhead smash. That's the plan when I don't have the meter. When I have the meter, I'll do make sure you block it, before I drop you on your head with ex overhead smash. And besides...I can just d1/d4. F4 ain't my god broski. So this tech ain't shit for me. You just have gave me a way to make you crouch more often. Thanks bro.

mekane

Noob
Kombat Network mini-tournament from Yestercades in Redbank, NJ

Part 2: http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/300463045

1:19:00 winners finals, REO (Kabal) vs CD Jr. (Jax)

1:38:00 grand finals, REO (Kabal) vs. CD Jr. (Jax)

Best Jax play I've ever seen. Jax in CD Jr hands is terrifying. I know REO didn't have his hitbox, but wow CD Jr was even outzoning him for a bit at full screen.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Lookie at what I found. Omega you dog you.

Bodying a Stryker. That is pro.
How didn't I see this post, I feel like an idiot lmao. Especially because I posted it myself right after. -_-
Also I love any CDJr gameplay, I'll be giving that a watch later.