What's new

Tech Stryker's Uppercut combo

CRKFIEND

Noob
First off, this has NO PRACTICAL USE that I can think of, but I've never seen it posted elsewhere, so it's more of a neat little combo I was dicking around with and figured out that I thought would be neat to share with the Stryker players...

This doesn't work off of a raw uppercut... You must have the opponent launched in the air, and it only works if the first dash puts you on the otherside of the opponent so the uppercut sends the opponent flying behind you. I would assume this would also work off of a crossover, IF it sends the opponent flying behind you...

<1, 2, 2, dash, uppercut, dash (in other direction), D3, roll toss.

Discuss.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
its possible he has some higher damaging ones in the corner, I'll test it out later today

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Is it possible to post a video? This is actually really cool, whether it's practical or not, I'd love to see this in action:).

The only time I've done an uppercut combo was when someone tried to cross me up it was uppercut into roundhouse for 20 something percent, don't know if a roll toss could have been added though, I never have anyone to test this stuff with offline:(.

CRKFIEND

Noob
Strykmac ? For real good one. What damage does it do ?
I wasn't paying attention, maybe I can try it out later... unless someone else beats me to the punch... but honestly if you can land <1, 2, 2 you shouldn't be trying that lol.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Is it possible to post a video? This is actually really cool, whether it's practical or not, I'd love to see this in action:).

The only time I've done an uppercut combo was when someone tried to cross me up it was uppercut into roundhouse for 20 something percent, don't know if a roll toss could have been added though, I never have anyone to test this stuff with offline:(.
yooooo that same thing happen to me once and hasnt been able to reproduce it since. I hate the fact that most of stryker's cool combos are impractical :(

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao

I've landed that same uppercut combo a few times before, and was able to land the roll after the 4, but I can't remember exactly how much damage it was cause it's been a while lol. I wanna say it was 29% but don't hold my word for it.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
yooooo that same thing happen to me once and hasnt been able to reproduce it since. I hate the fact that most of stryker's cool combos are impractical :(
Me neither I tried doing it in practice and off of specific combos but it appears it only works if someone is crossing you up at really awkward spots like slightly over Stryker's head at the very height of their cross up attempt.

Stryker's too glamourus for practicality...:REO

I've landed that same uppercut combo a few times before, and was able to land the roll after the 4, but I can't remember exactly how much damage it was cause it's been a while lol. I wanna say it was 29% but don't hold my word for it.
29-32% sounds about right I'd imagine it doesn't scale too bad since it's only like four hits, but the original one that PB and I did is like 20% even I think.

I'm not as coordinated as that to land roll toss after, I just do it accidentally on rare occassions and get really excited and nervous lol.

CRKFIEND

Noob
The stupid input bug makes the baton sweep come out after D3, roll toss and you whiff most of the time... might be just me though...

I haven't played in a few days. Once I get back on, I'll report the exact damage.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
The stupid input bug makes the baton sweep come out after D3, roll toss and you whiff most of the time... might be just me though...

I haven't played in a few days. Once I get back on, I'll report the exact damage.
Oh ok I thought it was only me due to my big thumb (to be fair the vita d-pad is small :(). I find negative edge 10 times worst on the vita. Even if you accidentally hold down back to do the D4 a baton sweep comes out :mad:

Also when I try to do a D1 after the uppercut a grenade comes out. It's stuff like that that makes me hate the game.

CRKFIEND

Noob
Oh ok I thought it was only me due to my big thumb (to be fair the vita d-pad is small :(). I find negative edge 10 times worst on the vita. Even if you accidentally hold down back to do the D4 a baton sweep comes out :mad:

Also when I try to do a D1 after the uppercut a grenade comes out. It's stuff like that that makes me hate the game.
I can't hate on the vita - when I figured out the combo it was on ps3.

Chris Thomas

pokerbrat2k7
I like this d2 combo. I've been trying to extend it instead as b122, dash, d2 xx 1, EX gun, 114 but my timing isn't all there. I'd like to experiment with it as b122, dash, d2 xx 1, EX gun, 12, roll. If anyone tries it and sees that it won't work or will lemme know!!! I'll post damage % if it does

TSRPrince

kombat doctor
I realize this thread is reallly old but I thought I would post this anyway because I recently found it while screwing around with stryker. You can do the b122, dash, uppercut, dash~4, roll toss for 35% (38% with jip). Timing is strict but it looks awesome when you land it

Chris Thomas

pokerbrat2k7
That is a bnb combo that's listed in basic combos. Check out the "striker old school" combo video on youtube and you'll seen a ton more

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I realize this thread is reallly old but I thought I would post this anyway because I recently found it while screwing around with stryker. You can do the b122, dash, uppercut, dash~4, roll toss for 35% (38% with jip). Timing is strict but it looks awesome when you land it
That is a bnb combo that's listed in basic combos. Check out the "striker old school" combo video on youtube and you'll seen a ton more

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Good memories :).