What's new

Struggling in Mirror Matches

Hot_DNA

Noob
I'm a pretty decent player but NO matter what game it is, I struggle in mirror matches even against players who I am way better than.
In UMVC3 and MVCI (I know it's a team game but when it got down to a 1v1) I lose about 90% of my mirror matches (Rockect raccoon Morrigan,Phoenix)...
In MKX, I mained mournful Kitana and would get blown up in mirror matches
In MK11, it's not as bad but I still do get blown up by Jades that are way worst than me.
Am I the only one who has this problem?
It has to be mental, am I overlooking something?

My strategy in mirror matches is to click Quit Game and find a different opponent who's not the kind of douchebag who'd select a mirror match - I picked that character first, asshat! I've found that it gives a 100% success rate in not having to bother with mirror matches.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
So when i encounter a mirror i get hyped to see what theyll do with noob so i sit back and see whats what, then i realise its kombat league half way through the second fight and im down a round lol

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I'm a pretty decent player but NO matter what game it is, I struggle in mirror matches even against players who I am way better than.
In UMVC3 and MVCI (I know it's a team game but when it got down to a 1v1) I lose about 90% of my mirror matches (Rockect raccoon Morrigan,Phoenix)...
In MKX, I mained mournful Kitana and would get blown up in mirror matches
In MK11, it's not as bad but I still do get blown up by Jades that are way worst than me.
Am I the only one who has this problem?
It has to be mental, am I overlooking something?
I have the same problem.

Thus I never mirror. I will play a shitty secondary just to avoid it. lol

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Mirrors show you exactly why people complain about your main, complaints that never occurred to you. Cassie is annoying AF to fight against, especially if you're also playing her since anything you do, she can do and shut down as well. It's a weird one.

Kano v Kano I don't mind at all, it's actually really fun. Played a good one last night and it was down to the wire the whole time but I somehow managed to win it. F43 KB is the real underdog in this MU XD

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
Mirrors show you exactly why people complain about your main, complaints that never occurred to you.

Pretty much this. You go in expecting them to have the same habits or tendencies as you, but even if they do, you're not used to fighting against those habits. I win most Scorpion mirrors because the solution is simple, but most won't be that straightforward.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
I exclusively use Jaded variation, and haven't had an issue with the common ED Jade. In fact, a majority will just quit the match when the realize jumpback~Air Rang doesn't work ;)

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Mirror Matches tend to psych me out more because I overthink that my opponent knows how to handle my own character which in reality most don’t.
Example: many players unfamiliar with the matchup allow themselves to get hit by a special move canceled after 124. But if I am playing another Skarlet, I assume that they know I would do this so I don’t add another special move.

Sazbak

Noob
Maybe you put unnecessary pressure on yourself because you think if you lose you can't have excuses and the other player is definitely better than you.
It's not true though. If you lose in a mirror you are just worst in the mirror match and not necessarily a worst player. Overall winrate decides who is the better player.

sars

Noob
Yeah I am terrible at Cassie vs Cassie. I always get blown up. It is what it is though. I don’t run into to many though.

elephantvision

Your Cousins, Sisters, 1st cousins favorite gamer
Mirrors show you exactly why people complain about your main, complaints that never occurred to you. Cassie is annoying AF to fight against, especially if you're also playing her since anything you do, she can do and shut down as well. It's a weird one.

Kano v Kano I don't mind at all, it's actually really fun. Played a good one last night and it was down to the wire the whole time but I somehow managed to win it. F43 KB is the real underdog in this MU XD
no doubt.
The shitty thing about mirror is, if you've got 2 decent players it's likely both are trying to accomplish the same goal... that's what makes mirrors so shitty.