What's new

Struggles...........

Mayz22

Noob
I have had a ton of help thanks to these forums. I lab differently to prepare for my bad matchups, I learn certain strings and play styles I matchup up against and try to figure out what makes them work. I have got to be stupid or something lol. I went on a win streak then all of a sudden the bottom fell out. Immediatley I went into the lab...... I work 3rd shift, and about 4 hours a night I dont have anything to do so I get up on youtube and watch matchups, find out tips and tricks to help my game out. I then lab it up to get familiar then take it online. But man, lately I have really stunk. Not teching throws, not blocking lows, not countering or just not playing well. For instance, i usually can get off a 477 damage combo with scorpion easily in damn near any online match, now I drop that combo more times than not. I use a hori fighting commander, I have a 1ms gaming monitor and I am wired in, all to cut out as much lag as possible. Im getting beat by throws, and fatal blows lol. What am I doing wrong? How can I improve this????

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I have had a ton of help thanks to these forums. I lab differently to prepare for my bad matchups, I learn certain strings and play styles I matchup up against and try to figure out what makes them work. I have got to be stupid or something lol. I went on a win streak then all of a sudden the bottom fell out. Immediatley I went into the lab...... I work 3rd shift, and about 4 hours a night I dont have anything to do so I get up on youtube and watch matchups, find out tips and tricks to help my game out. I then lab it up to get familiar then take it online. But man, lately I have really stunk. Not teching throws, not blocking lows, not countering or just not playing well. For instance, i usually can get off a 477 damage combo with scorpion easily in damn near any online match, now I drop that combo more times than not. I use a hori fighting commander, I have a 1ms gaming monitor and I am wired in, all to cut out as much lag as possible. Im getting beat by throws, and fatal blows lol. What am I doing wrong? How can I improve this????
First of all it sounds to me like you need to chill. If you're dropping your usual combo and messing up a lot in general, you're probably trying too hard or even tired after a long week. Give yourself time, take a step back. No human being performs optimally all the time.

Mayz22

Noob
First of all it sounds to me like you need to chill. If you're dropping your usual combo and messing up a lot in general, you're probably trying too hard or even tired after a long week. Give yourself time, take a step back. No human being performs optimally all the time.
Take a break, and when you come back, you’ll usually find that you are even sharper than you were before.
Much Appreciated, looks like im going to force myself to take thst break!!!

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Sounds like you might be experiencing some burnout. Like Crimson said maybe take a small break. Try to get good sleep, maybe watch a movie or something instead of MK for a day or so and just chill if your schedule allows it.

Mayz22

Noob
Sounds like you might be experiencing some burnout. Like Crimson said maybe take a small break. Try to get good sleep, maybe watch a movie or something instead of MK for a day or so and just chill if your schedule allows it.
Yea, 3rd shift already whoops me, sleep is rare since I have a 1 year old son I spend 95% of my home awake hours with lol. I guess adulthood forces you to make some choices that restrict your "fun" time and if you dont restrict it, your mind and body has a funny way of punishing you for it!!!

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Yea, 3rd shift already whoops me, sleep is rare since I have a 1 year old son I spend 95% of my home awake hours with lol. I guess adulthood forces you to make some choices that restrict your "fun" time and if you dont restrict it, your mind and body has a funny way of punishing you for it!!!
Much respect to you, that sounds like a lot. I imagine it's hard but I am willing to wager even if you can squeeze in some sort of small nap somewhere in your day it might help, but I understand being a parent can make that next to impossible lol

Best of luck to you though! I know when I am grinding the game like crazy and I start dropping my bnbs that I can usually do 10/10 times and missing easy confirms/punishes that it's time to take a break. It also leads to unnecessary frustration lol

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
No wonder you are finding it difficult to focus.
Fighting games are stressful if you're actually trying to play them correctly. Especially online.

Dayvon

Noob
@Blade4693 Naps are underappreciated. It's good to know I'm not the only one taking them.
@Mayz22 Take a few days off and then get back to playing. You will see the game from a different perspective. You might be cramming too much information at once.