What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

So.. when a move is +2 on block, if i do a 3 frames move after, their only escape is armor or V-reversal? for example C.LP to C.LP. Is this how it works?

And as explained above, the links are simply to have enough advantage on hit for the next move to connect? Do I get this right?

Thanks in advance for info!

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I really wanna learn how to play this game but not with an arcade stick. I mean do you really need one just to have an easier time with your execution? Cus I main Liu Kang who's like the hardest and most execution heavy character in MKX and I know how to do IAFB's on both sides and good run cancel pressure. I just don't feel like buying an arcade stick for like $100-$200 for one game...
Arcade sticks offer no advantage. Its all about preference.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I am LOVING this game, this is my first SF and it's amazing. Laura is soo much fun to play and she is a good character to start with, since she is kinda easy to learn (not to win with tho) so I am having a great time. Laura really fits my playstyle.

Here is a great Laura guide I found for anyone interested: https://dafeetlee.wordpress.com/2015/10/14/sfv-laura-matsuda-impressionsguide/ (it's up do date)

Also I want her alternate so bad :( can't wait until March.

Last edited:
Guys i rly want to know maybe one of you know when i heard there is CPU VS battle modes coming, the story mode And trial mode comes out in march but the extra battle als CPU matches is labeled as soon after launch instead of march like the other one , my internet i share so sometimes the connection isnt good enough to play online its when i usually play CPU on hard setting to practise And then hop online again but for right now SFv only has online Linda sux i want the arcade mode back where u fight 8 people in 3 round martches it standard i cant believe they left that out at release,And the game is labeled as single player And multi by the looks of it its just multi for now....

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
You need to stop. Lol it's embarassing. Kbrad (who I know you have no idea who he is) has already declared Cammy shit in this game. JUST. STOP.
I know who Kbrad is and YOU need to stop. A character can be bad and still very annoying. Also that was just a first impression comment, stop taking everything too serious.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
what do you mean? link is timing the button while the opponent is still in stun animation when the previous hit connect, depending on which character you play the links are different, for example old man Ryu, do standing medium punch then link a couching heavy punch, unlike in MK, you cant really just press buttons in a set sequence and whether the first hit of the sequences connects, the rest will also connect, in SF you have to time each button depending on the previous one and so, you also have to recognize which normal allows you to link to which normal (Ryu again, you can also link standing medium punch into crouching medium punch or crouching medium kick.. so on and so forth) you just need to test with your character.. on the other hand, sfv has a lot of target combos (same concept of MK) which some allows to be special canceled while others do not, like Ryu's standing Medium punch-heavy punch-heavy kick which cannot be special canceled, while R.Mika's standing light kick-standing medium punch can.
Thanks for the write up I appreciate it. I was testing Nash last night and actually figured that out. It's actually pretty fun discovering what combos I can link together.

SinkFla

Noob
If anyone would like to play some friendly matches or practice our characters, find me on PSN: SinkFla. I'd like to play some TYM members, the transition back to SF from MK is so weird lol.

That said, I'm not too fond of V at the moment. I was hoping the combo system would evolve but I feel like they stifled it :(. Hard to be creative with so many limitations.

CAM THE SAGE

THERE IS FEAR IN YOUR HEART
If anyone would like to play some friendly matches or practice our characters, find me on PSN: SinkFla. I'd like to play some TYM members, the transition back to SF from MK is so weird lol.

That said, I'm not too fond of V at the moment. I was hoping the combo system would evolve but I feel like they stifled it :(. Hard to be creative with so many limitations.
My gt is cameronthesage I'll play ya in the evenings and weekends

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
So.. when a move is +2 on block, if i do a 3 frames move after, their only escape is armor or V-reversal? for example C.LP to C.LP. Is this how it works?

And as explained above, the links are simply to have enough advantage on hit for the next move to connect? Do I get this right?

Thanks in advance for info!
Yes and yes.

E

Eldriken

I am LOVING this game, this is my first SF and it's amazing. Laura is soo much fun to play and she is a good character to start with, since she is kinda easy to learn (not to win with tho) so I am having a great time. Laura really fits my playstyle.

Here is a great Laura guide I found for anyone interested: https://dafeetlee.wordpress.com/2015/10/14/sfv-laura-matsuda-impressionsguide/ (it's up do date)

Also I want her alternate so bad :( can't wait until March.
Thanks for posting that. I needed something like this for Laura as she's who I intend to main in the game. Now find one for Necalli, please? :p

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
You need to stop. Lol it's embarassing. Kbrad (who I know you have no idea who he is) has already declared Cammy shit in this game. JUST. STOP.
KBrad is very, very, very wrong.

Anyone who has ever watched K-Brad knows he relies on specials for 80% of his offense when it comes to winning exchanges.

With Cammy, you have to use her normal to set up her specials. She's more Fei Long than Cammy.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
For the spoiled bad people at Fighting Games who give tons of money for Arcade Sticks and still don't accomplish anything just watch this person and think about it ..

If this person can play in this condition (much respect to him) than you can probably to.

Infamous

Banned
Just because someone is good doesn't mean they are always right. You're calling me a c**k rider, but you're all up on K-Brad. You might even owe him dinner.

SFIV Cammy is much different from SFV Cammy, but SFV Cammy is very, very good. They just fundamentally shifted how to play her effectively.

Everyone on Shoryuken saying how ruined she is are wrong too. They are just too engrained in what SFIV Cammy was to see it yet.

Give the meta a month. Then see what everyone says. I'm able to see it a little earlier because I'm an old time Fei Long player from Super Turbo and SFV's Cammy's meta matches very well with what his was.
I was just kidding baby...I know you are straight and a dude bro.

But yeah...if KBrad has an issue with Cammy's design...lol...you must not know whom he is. He knows Cammy inside and out so just stop. JUST STOP.

You're seriously comparing someone to Adolf Hitler because they have a different opinion? Also it doesn't even make sense that you call him an NRS rider, nothing he said is even relevant to MK.

I don't even right now.
I was clearly kidding...you Ben Carson supporter.