What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I don't have the game yet because something is up with Amazon but friend me on PSN if anyone wants matches. I'll be playing Mika and Zangief and I plan on trying out Ken, Chun and Dhalsim. I think I'm about average at SF games.

MetalBender

Nerf everything forever
Jesus zangief is so different. But I'm actually pretty stoked on it, with v trigger he can hit 50% combos on crush counter real easy hahaha

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Uhh why is there no VS CPU And CPU 3 round match...
Because Capcom is really trying to push the E-sports CPT angle and there are some growing pains. I think everything like single matches, trials, lobbies and such is coming in March with Alex and the store.

I'll be getting this tomorrow, thinking about buying a stick but I'm wondering if it's a necessity to play at a high level? Or is a regular controller/fight pad good enough?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'll be getting this tomorrow, thinking about buying a stick but I'm wondering if it's a necessity to play at a high level? Or is a regular controller/fight pad good enough?
I almost exclusively played on a stock 360/PS pad. I've kind of learned on stick and it's really just preference. You could also buy a "fightpad" which is a pad with a dpad, 6 face buttons instead of 4. they might have shoulder buttons and they might have a stick.

Some characters have button hold moves. Right now I think it's just Birdie but Juri might have it too. That's where you have to "charge" the move by holding down the attack button and then activating it by releasing. I think that's better on stick but you can configure you're pad to be able play those characters too.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Lol at Cammy's spiral arrow NOT being a low. Ugh.
Cammy absolutely bodies the run-away characters in this game. If you're struggling with Cammy, you don't know what you're doing.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
I want to pick this up since I haven't played SF since the alpha series. Will it be similar to that?

I'd like someone to teach me the ropes on this one if at all possible. My psn doesn't show up here for some reason but I'd appreciate any help!

So single player matches are coming good sux gotta wait so long heh what kind of single player matches is it something like tower in mk where u fight like 8 people And a Boss?

Also for the person asking about stick,i know alot of SF players that use Reg controllers and play fine against people with stick if u pick up a stick And never played one before its like trying to play on a controller for the first time so you gotta relearn how to play if you have the patiënts go for it that way Ur hand wont get tired or blistered lol thats the only adventage i myself use controller or a pad mainly just ds4 controller the dpad is fine on it

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Vodafone 985N met Tapatalk

So single player matches are coming good sux gotta wait so long heh what kind of single player matches is it something like tower in mk where u fight like 8 people And a Boss?

Also for the person asking about stick,i know alot of SF players that use Reg controllers and play fine against people with stick if u pick up a stick And never played one before its like trying to play on a controller for the first time so you gotta relearn how to play if you have the patiënts go for it that way Ur hand wont get tired or blistered lol thats the only adventage i myself use controller or a pad mainly just ds4 controller the dpad is fine on it

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Vodafone 985N met Tapatalk
Thanks. I played SF at arcades back in the 90's so I'll probably feel comfortable with a stick but I also played sf2 turbo on snes and even though I thought it wasn't going to be the same with a controller it ended up being the same to me, every move,combo, were easy to pull out using the snes controller, even Zangief's pd was easy. Thanks bro.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
A
Can someone answer these two questions,
Who's the most aggressive character and who's the best at spacing.
Ken, Bison, Cammy, Nash, and maybe Laura are feeling pretty aggressive this game. Dhalsim is the king of spacing but Birdie is pretty good at it too with his big buttons and chain attacks. Also Ryu is the basic fireball spacing game obviously

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Bought a PS4 just for this game. If anyone wants to body someone that has absolutely no idea how to street fighter... add me: The_Ceiebrity. Appreciate all tips on how to play.