What's new

Street Fighter IV Tournament Edition Arcade Sticks

heKtor

Noob
Arrrrgh! I fucking regret not pre-ordering from Amazon when I had the chance!

AMAZON
http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighter-FightStick-Tournament-Playstation-3/dp/B001M25AY6/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1231959348&sr=8-13

DEMO VIDEO

I supposedly pre-ordered from this other site, but I'm a bit skeptical because they have some bad reviews. Don't have a choice but to wait :(

Do manufacturers release more inventory on stuff that's already "pre-sold-out" when the actual release date hits the streets?

Tim Static

Adminerator
UNfortunately, unless your sourc doesnt come through for you, you'll be screwed.

Gamestop, which was the only place to officially pre-order the TE sticks, has stopped taking reserves on them as of Monday.

So, if you dont get yours, expect to probably pay ALOT more than $150 for it.

check out this thread @ SRK.com :

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162653

heKtor

Noob
Damn! I would've gone to Gamestop if I had known. What strikes me is that I called the store where I pre-ordered and they claim that they won't know whether they oversold or not until the release date...WTF?

Shouldn't they know whether they met their allocated quantities? Fuckit, ain't got no other choice anyway. Hey Tim, do you know if the lower-end stick is also a limited edition product?

Tim Static

Adminerator
heKtor said:
Damn! I would've gone to Gamestop if I had known. What strikes me is that I called the store where I pre-ordered and they claim that they won't know whether they oversold or not until the release date...WTF?

Shouldn't they know whether they met their allocated quantities? Fuckit, ain't got no other choice anyway. Hey Tim, do you know if the lower-end stick is also a limited edition product?
Well, it IS Gamestop ::)

And the $80 stick and the pads shouldnt be in limited quanities. (however, I wouldnt reccomend that $80 stick. Low end sticks are usually pretty bad and not even worth HALF what you pay)

Noob
Don't forget that for the same price($150), you can get either a 360 or PS3 arcade stick with identical layout from AIAB.

Tim Static

Adminerator
9.95 said:
Don't forget that for the same price($150), you can get either a 360 or PS3 arcade stick with identical layout from AIAB.
Well, $10 more, but still. Plus, your not just limited to the SF layout. You can go w/ the American style, plus run button for hybrid SF/MK set up. Or go straight MK layout.

But the best deal you can get is the dual system stick (PS3 & 360 compat). They cost more $219 to start, but worth every penny :)

heKtor

Noob
Ok, so "customizing" the AIAB to be similar to the SF4TE is actually $198 (PS3 only), plus they have a 4-6 week wait now! I think I'm just gonna have to wait and hope the people I ordered from come thru :(

heKtor

Noob
This thing IS GOOD! It also got the "Best of CES" award. They're completely sold out and going on ebay for $170 up to ~$300!

More hype than what it's worth, but I think "GOOD" is more than justified. I feel like a fucking kid all over again :D

Damn, once I made up my mind that I was going to get the TE stick, it was too late. Oh well, the game stop tourny is pad only anyway so it will be fine starting out on a pad. Going to be getting the 6 button pad, the d-pad looks perfect for SF.

heKtor

Noob
OJuggernaut0 said:
Damn, once I made up my mind that I was going to get the TE stick, it was too late. Oh well, the game stop tourny is pad only anyway so it will be fine starting out on a pad. Going to be getting the 6 button pad, the d-pad looks perfect for SF.
I believe you can pick up the pads from Best Buy as of today. Just call your local BB and ask ;)

I'll probably get one tomorrow just for waiting. I've got 3 orders in 3 diff places for a TE stick...just hoping to get one eventually.

I am assuming since the buttons are "hot swappable" you could rearrange them to an umk3 layout by switching the position of the bumper and trigger buttons with the Y and B buttons just by pulling the wires out of one button and plugging them into the other.

I am for sure going to get a fightpad though.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Well, I reserved and paid off both the PS3 and 360 TE stick at GS, but only the PS3 one came in. But here is pics of it ;D: