What's new

Stream Authority

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hey all, just wanted to let you know that I'm putting together a website that's basically the ultimate resource on all things streaming. If you're considering streaming as a hobby or even to make some cash, or maybe you already stream but could use some tips to boost your audience and donations, please check it out!

https://streamauthority.com

Also, I don't have comments up yet, but feel free to comment here with any questions, criticisms, or requests, and I'll do my best to address them on the site.

Last edited:

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I don't stream the pro way, and hardly ever the casual. I would just like to know what these chroma effects you describe are for? Is it literally hiding your room/living room from the camera via green screen? I don't really watch streams much either lol. Sorry for noob question.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I don't stream the pro way, and hardly ever the casual. I would just like to know what these chroma effects you describe are for? Is it literally hiding your room/living room from the camera via green screen? I don't really watch streams much either lol. Sorry for noob question.
Chroma Key is Green Screen, where you sit in front of a green screen and can then digitally replace the green with anything else. For instance, when I used to stream MK10, I made it look like I was streaming from inside the Black Dragon lair. You can also just make the green screen invisible (like a .png file) to take up less space in your scene, like I do in my Jax guide.

Last edited:
Looking good! I like the nice clean design, and the logo is pretty cool.

I can't speak to the quality of the info because I don't know anything about streaming, but I like that the information is front and center without a lot of clutter.

The only thing I think I'd change is the links to each section. Instead of having them open in a new tab, just have them open in the same tab. I don't usually expect new tabs to open when linking to the same site. If the link goes external to the site, that is when I expect it to pop open in a new tab. That is just personal preference though.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter

Ended up putting a full video and written guide together. https://streamauthority.com/guides/green-screen/

Reactions: GAV

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hey all, been trying not to post on here too much, but was wondering if I could get some suggestions on topics to cover. The guide on OBS is basically finished, and there's only a bit left to cover on Twitch Alerts, and both of those will feed into the general "How to Stream on Twitch" guide. Are there any other specific things you've been curious about that I should cover on the site? Thanks!

www.streamauthority.com.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Finally got the site moved over to Xenforo. It should be a lot more interactive now. Still getting everything set up, but all of the guides have been posted and updated. Check it out! https://streamauthority.com/

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
is the website not working anymore?
Not at the moment. I received an email over the holidays about exceeding my data limits, so my account is currently suspended. I just got home and will hopefully have everything worked out by the end of the week.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
is the website not working anymore?
I've got it back up. I'm still getting most of the content reposted/reformatted, but the microphone guide and OBS guides are back up (except for a few images).

shura30

Shura
thanks

question that I don't seem to find a solution for:

I would like to play the ps4 game audio through my headphones (hyperx cloud) and still be able to broadcast it over twitch
I can use an usb sound card on the ps4 (my arcade stick doesn't have a headset jack) but the ps4 audio apparently can go out from one between the hdm cable or the usb soundcard

everything would be fine if OBS had preview audio from the capture card which apparently does have not

is there a way to achieve this without going through cable adapters and splitters nightmare?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
thanks

I would like to play the ps4 game audio through my headphones (hyperx cloud) and still be able to broadcast it over twitch
I can use an usb sound card on the ps4 (my arcade stick doesn't have a headset jack) but the ps4 audio apparently can go out from one between the hdm cable or the usb soundcard

everything would be fine if OBS had preview audio from the capture card which apparently does have not

is there a way to achieve this without going through cable adapters and splitters nightmare?
I believe so, but I'll have to look into it. I remember I had this exact same issue, but I haven't owned a ps4 in over a year, so I'll have to dig through my files to see if I can find the solution. I'll let you know when I figure it out.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
thanks

Hey, I'm finally caught up getting the site back together and can start to look into this for you. So you're capturing your ps4 footage onto your computer and using OBS to stream it?

I don't have access to a ps4 at the moment, so I'm unable to test it myself, but this is the closest answer I could find (from this reddit):

"I have the same problem. The issue is actually with the playstation gold headset. Because it's wireless thru the usb dongle all audio is ported thru the headset. This is a problem on both PS3 and PS4 with this headset.

The only way I have found a solution to this is to unfortunately purchase a new headset that routes your audio thru the optical jack on the PS3/PS4. So Astro A40 or A50s would work. I'm sure there are some other headsets too but I am looking at getting an A50 to get around this issue. This problem could be fixed in the future with a firmware update but I doubt it will happen."

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
What about all the content that was up? You able to bring it over to a free hosted platform at all?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
What about all the content that was up? You able to bring it over to a free hosted platform at all?
I saved backups, so yeah, I still have the content. A lot of it was already outdated, though, as OBS has now mostly changed to OBS Studio and Twitch Alerts has totally changed their format. Not sure I have the time to keep up with all of the necessary updates.

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
I saved backups, so yeah, I still have the content. A lot of it was already outdated, though, as OBS has now mostly changed to OBS Studio and Twitch Alerts has totally changed their format. Not sure I have the time to keep up with all of the necessary updates.
Gotcha. Good stuff anyway.

REYTHEGREAT

Did you reach out to advertisers? Was it your own design.

Reason i ask is because i am a designer and i know keeping a site up takes money.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Did you reach out to advertisers? Was it your own design.

Reason i ask is because i am a designer and i know keeping a site up takes money.
Nah, I got banned from Google Adsense for some unknown reason (they refuse to tell me what happened). I did a bit of Affiliate Marketing linking to mics and other products on Amazon, but only made a few bucks from that. My hosting company also kept emailing me about data limits and how I was going to get banned if I kept going over (which was weird because the site got like zero traffic; I never could get it to rank on Google).