What's new

Tech - Dualist Strategy using EX grab into orb

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
The Quan community found this quite a while ago too, its dirty as fuck and can also benefit other characters with moves which launch but move independently from your fighter, like Takeda somewhat with his ExKunai.

Anyway, good stuff!

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I love the setups and the creative ways you put it into application but unfortunately this tech falls short for a couple reasons.

1: ex grab for a bar and only pops them up if they try to Mash buttons. But as it is you have great oki after a traditional orb setup that this seems expensive and flashy without much guaranteed.

2: people who tech grabs while in an orb are simply don't know the match up. While they are in pressure, they have to either get grabbed or take the chip. That's where this shines and does seem really good. With the orb dot, his chip pressure and grab damage are all increased making him a little scarier.

Unfortunately the threat of a full combo is kinda gimmicky and not guaranteed unless they tech a throw.

I also believe Elite put this out there after I found the unblockable orb tech way back. Either way. This does help further dualist and I'm all for that. Nice work.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
I love the setups and the creative ways you put it into application but unfortunately this tech falls short for a couple reasons.

1: ex grab for a bar and only pops them up if they try to Mash buttons. But as it is you have great oki after a traditional orb setup that this seems expensive and flashy without much guaranteed.

2: people who tech grabs while in an orb are simply don't know the match up. While they are in pressure, they have to either get grabbed or take the chip. That's where this shines and does seem really good. With the orb dot, his chip pressure and grab damage are all increased making him a little scarier.

Unfortunately the threat of a full combo is kinda gimmicky and not guaranteed unless they tech a throw.

I also believe Elite put this out there after I found the unblockable orb tech way back. Either way. This does help further dualist and I'm all for that. Nice work.
True.

That gimmick will work only if your opponent is sleeping. lol

I think either you did not understand the EX grab into orb or i'm misunderstanding your comment. lol
EX grab into orb works as a full combo. You just gotta do the EX grab on the right time... like this: orb into a stagger into EX grab. Using that tech in the middle of your pressure is really good. Either they tech the grab or not, they will take a full combo :D

Now when Dualist has orbs at the corner, he can open people for a full combo with two options: low and grab

Last edited:
This tech is very viable when you set it up right,
Agreeing with @AK L0rdoftheFLY I got the idea from him but never really used it in match because it's too inconsistent and gimmicky. Especially if you miss time the grab off of a kd. Then I found a really good viable option where I get 30-48% depending on the read and decided to keep it secret so it wouldn't get nerfed.. But fuck it, everybody releasing it lol

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
True.

That gimmick will work only if your opponent is sleeping. lol

I think either you did not understand the EX grab into orb or i'm misunderstanding your comment. lol
EX grab into orb works as a full combo. You just gotta do the EX grab on the right time... like this: orb into a stagger into EX grab. Using that tech in the middle of your pressure is really good. Either they tech the grab or not, they will take a full combo :D

Now when Dualist has orbs at the corner, he can open people for a full combo with two options: low and grab
maybe i do misunderstand. Are you telling me that he can setup an orb and ex grab you and launch you for a full combo? Basically giving Dualist a command grab launcher in the corner for a bar?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
and I guarantee people will still be like "The fuq is this shit?" if this setup is used on them as if it wasn't known info.