What's new

[Story-Spoiler] Possible DLC Confirmed (You have been Warned)

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Warning, If you don't want to be spoiled Turn back now!

The very same leaker who gave us Noob/Scorpion combos day -7 said he played in the story mode and these two characters where in it but not playable:

Cyrax and Sektor
Pictures of them: Warning Spoiler
Sektor

Cyrax

Khronika Improved Sektor

This basically confirms they are DLC or unlockables later down the line because NRS said they won't have NPC's in story mode that you fight against with fully functional moveset.

Here is the link to his Twitter Post:

Check out @ChernyyVolkFGC’s Tweet:

Huge Entire Story Spoilers: I think he is only to chapter 7 right now so we will know who is unlocked after completing story later.

Twitter link to all of story mode:

Chapter 7, related to this topic:

Chapter 4 Related to this topic

What does everyone else think? Are they confirmed or not or just maybe?

Last edited:

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Dear Mr. Volk:

Are their movesets largely the same, or very different? In other words would you expect them to be the same character or two separate ones?

I'd be all for either Cyrax or Sector for DLC, buuuuuuut are they story mode cameos or you actually fight them and they have updated move sets or MKX movesets aka NPC???? Storymode is suppose to have lots of cameos, which I'm all for.

Either way I'm hype to see their role in story mode.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Oof, I would not get your hopes up for them being DLC tbh.

They might've said no more fightable NPCs in story, but they also said no repeat DLC and Triborg was DLC just last game and unless there's a KP2 then I don't see why they'd give 2 slots away to Sektor AND Cyrax after they were basically already DLC in MKX.

I think it's more likely we'll get a new cyborg character (Hydro) that just has their moves and shaders to represent them. So, basically Triborg #2. I don't think they'll be DLC, but I'm excited to see them in the story at least.

they have their mk9 strings with some triborg moves
Welp, that's basically that then. If they're just using old assets then they're definitely getting the Sindel, Rain, and Baraka MKX treatment.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Oof, I would not get your hopes up for them being DLC tbh.

They might've said no more fightable NPCs in story, but they also said no repeat DLC and Triborg was DLC just last game and unless there's a KP2 then I don't see why they'd give 2 slots away to Sektor AND Cyrax after they were basically already DLC in MKX.

I think it's more likely we'll get a new cyborg character (Hydro) that just has their moves and shaders to represent them. So, basically Triborg #2. I don't think they'll be DLC, but I'm excited to see them in the story at least.

Welp, that's basically that then. If they're just using old assets then they're definitely getting the Sindel, Rain, and Baraka MKX treatment.
There is a catch here though. Triborg isn’t THE Cyrax or Sektor,

This basically confirms they are DLC later down the line because NRS said they won't have NPC's in story mode that you fight against with fully functional moveset.
That doesn't mean anything, it wouldn't be the first time that NRS lied or just one dev said something that turned out to be wrong. Paulo said there was multiple hidden characters but there is just one in the final build.

Or maybe they wanted to do that at first and they just changed their minds... That's it.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
There is a catch here though. Triborg isn’t THE Cyrax or Sektor,
I know and I agree that they aren't technically the same. But still, I'd prefer a new cyborg. I don't dislike the cyborgs. They're dope as hell and could look dope and super shiny in MK11. But, I feel like them taking up 2 DLC slots is a bit meh. At least in KP1.

Shang Tsung
Sektor
Cyrax
MK Character
Guest?
Guest?

Idk, I just don't like the look of that. If there's a Kombat Pack 2 (with 6 characters) then I'd be fine with it for sure. As long as we get some of these other characters. We still need characters like Sindel, Nightwolf, etc that definitely weren't DLC in MKX.

SxS626

Noob
we're not getting cyrax and sektor the second time as DLC just because they're in the story.

triborg was literally created as a clever way to incorporate both character into one character slot. even though it's not the characters themselves, they still count as DLC

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
Well if NRS put Kitana as Mournful 2.0 even despite the community hating it I don't see how they'd avoid the "no NPC fights anymore".

I'd accept them if they're 2-in-1. Put 2 variations for each and boom C & S in one slot but fleshed out as 2 characters. I know most people wouldn't agree with me but I think TWO cyborgs as DLC a little too much if you think there are guests as well.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Problem with cyborgs is that they actually take 2 spots because it's hard to imagine one without another and I'm not buying the tale about this fucking Tri-bullshit to please the 'fans'. It's the same sort of lazy moves as Kitana-Jade and Kitana-Mileena. Therefore I think that both cyborgs should be main roster instead of Cetrion and Sonya and we are good. And now that would have left space for other cool characters to be DLC this time. Give me Sindel, Rain and Fujin already!

RothVI

d2 Spammer
Wow, that's really weird. Why would they bring that back when everybody hated it? I doubt they'll be DLC, but we'll see.