What's new

Story Mode (What are you looking forward to?) Spoiler Alerts

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Spoiler Alert!

So far so good with Raiden cutting off Shinnok's head! I'm also interested about Jade and Kotal's relationship, I wasn't expecting that. I like it when they further develop existing characters lore. Scorpion and Sub Zero working together to defeat the new cyber initiative looks really cool as well and it's good to see the story between those two moving forward with new material as well.

However my favourite parts of MK9 and MKX was Ermac ripping off Jax's arms, Scorpion killing Bi Han, D'Vorah giving her kiss of death to Mileena and Scorpion finally killing Quan Chi.

But I wish there was more horror elements in these story modes, even more violence and gross over the top moments. The Kombat Kids getting to know each other in a jail cell is boring to me, let them bond in brief moments when the shit is hitting the fan.

I actually enjoyed the MKX comic books more than the MKX story mode. I think the dumbest moment of MKX was when Kung Jin beat Kotal Kahn, I was really expecting Kotal to be way more of a badass and he got played like a bitch most of the time.

Anyway I know it's too late for input on MK11's story mode but regardless of my complaints I really do enjoy the Story Modes of MK9 and MKX I just wish there was more horror, gore and deaths.

What about you guys what are your favourite parts of MK9 and MKX's story mode and what are you looking forward to seeing in MK11?
My Favorite in 9 was the scorpion v sub-zero moments
my favorite part in X How we got too explore more of Out-world
I am Hyped for scorpion and sub-zero against frost and Cetrion v her mother!

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I think for me... I just want to see an awesome story.

My hope is that it is going to retcon the entire universe.. do a kind of hard reset like you see in comics.. like say DC Rebirth recently. Just wipe the slate clean... like after it all comes to a end have time reknit and mix up all the time lines into a new one.. making Cage young and revant Kang and Jax gone but the younger ones stay stuff like that... allow them to make MK12 with a brand new slate.

As to what I know I am looking forward to from what I have literally seen? Well I guess Young /Old Cage looks awesome and I;m really keen for Lou Kang to be back in human form and all young and wide eyed again... Also, and I think I speak for many people on this one, Kotal Khan vs Shao Kahn will be epic... I hope it is a seriously cool moment in the game.

Resistible

MK fan since '92
I think for me... I just want to see an awesome story.

My hope is that it is going to retcon the entire universe.. do a kind of hard reset like you see in comics.. like say DC Rebirth recently. Just wipe the slate clean... like after it all comes to a end have time reknit and mix up all the time lines into a new one.. making Cage young and revant Kang and Jax gone but the younger ones stay stuff like that... allow them to make MK12 with a brand new slate.
That was the main plot of MK9, they won't do it again this close to the last reboot.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Same White Lotus warrior that just got his ass beaten by Sub Zero without any effort, chapter ago. I'll tell that again: him winning against Kotal is one of the darkest pages in the history of MK and should be erased as soon as it's possible!
To be fair, SZ and the Lin Kuei ran through Kotal and his army at the end of the game so the logic holds that KJ could beat Kotal. I also think Kotal could potentially beat him too.

SxS626

Noob
Past Jax getting killed which kills current Jax and keeps Jacqui from ever being born.

Scorpion and Sub-Zero teaming together.

Shao Kahn killing Raiden which has Cetrion leave her Elder God status to become the new defender of Earthrealm. Fujin taking her place.

Goro transforming into Onaga during the mid-credit scene to finish off the storyline from the MKX comic and setting up for MK12.
this seems less of a prediction

more of a fan fiction from a middle school fangirl
with a dash of wetdream of a 12 year old edgelord

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Sub-Zero's training exercises for the newcomers.. You are not your mother Cetrion, not yet..

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
I'm looking forward to seeing Scorpion and Sub-Zero fight together for once. That will be awesome.

Other than that, I'm just remaining open to whatever the story brings. They haven't disappointed me so far.

Resistible

MK fan since '92
this seems less of a prediction

more of a fan fiction from a middle school fangirl
with a dash of wetdream of a 12 year old edgelord
Honestly I could see all this stuff unfolding except perhaps Jax being killed and ending Jacqui, that's wishful thinking. We already know Scorpion and Sub-Zero team up, and there needs to be a solid way for Cetrion to get involved for some reason other than her mother screwing with the timeline so Shao Kahn finally killing Raiden isn't that far fetched. Concerning Goro becoming Onaga, the writer of MK11 is the same person who wrote the MKX comic and has come out saying the comic is canon and MK11 will answer some questions, it's only logical that Goro gets manipulated by the Red Dragon in his search for the Dragon King's rejuvenation ability and becomes Onaga instead of Reptile from the previous timeline.

Last edited:

Kishido

Noob
The Cetrion and Noob alliance and if it will be a similar story to Scorpion in Deception.

And of course the time bending stuff... Really want to see how this will be played out
PS
Reptile :-(

Radam

Noob
I forgot about the Young Johnny Cage vs the Older Johnny Cage, that already looks brilliant, I hope there is a fair bit of that.

To answer why I think Kotal should of beat Kung Jin is more about just establishing Kotal as a badass formidable foe and not getting beaten up by a kid at first. If all 4 of the Kombat Kids cheated and teamed up on him maybe that would of been better, but I think Kotal needed an act of dominance regardless to show off his power and why he was the new ruler of Outworld.

I'm not saying that Kung Jin couldn't do it eventually, I just think it made Kotal look weak and that was disappointing for me. Pretty much everything in the MKX story mode made Kotal look weak. The comic books did him way more justice.

Radam

Noob
the writer of MK11 is the same person who wrote the MKX comic and has come out saying the comic is canon and MK11 will answer some questions, it's only logical that Goro gets manipulated by the Red Dragon in his search for the Dragon King's rejuvenation ability and becomes Onaga instead of Reptile from the previous timeline.
Soz to be that guy but....
Actually no Shawn Kittelsen was the writer for the MKX comic books. Dominic Cianciolo is the story writer for MK11.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I hope that bullshit of "killing X from the past erases X from current existence" is false. That's lame as hell.

I'm expecting the multiple timelines to function more like a multiverse rather than a lineal string of time.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I hope that bullshit of "killing X from the past erases X from current existence" is false. That's lame as hell.

I'm expecting the multiple timelines to function more like a multiverse rather than a lineal string of time.
It wouldn’t make sense considering they are the young versions of themselves, if it was a multiverse kind of thing they would be the same age. Since they are the young versions of themselves, any action would have a consequence in the timeline for sure.

DrFreezegood

Chaosrealm Ambassador

I agree, I think each version of a character will be from a completely different timeline or "parallel reality". In which events have unfolded differently, similar to the DC Multiverse.

So basically regardless of age the characters lifelines aren't linked.