What's new

Storm Cell and female bodies

I've noticed that a b1, 2 string followed by an amped storm cell on male bodies will pop them up and freeze them in the air allowing for a j2 j4 fly combo. But I've also noticed that this combo does not work on female bodies as the first 1 or 2 hits of amped storm cell that brings the male bodies into the air completely whiffs on female bodies, which in turn leaves them electrified less than halfway up. I just got the game, so I wasn't sure if this was a bug. Or is this intended? Sorry if this thread is out of place.

f24

Don't F*** with a God
I've noticed that a b1, 2 string followed by an amped storm cell on male bodies will pop them up and freeze them in the air allowing for a j2 j4 fly combo. But I've also noticed that this combo does not work on female bodies as the first 1 or 2 hits of amped storm cell that brings the male bodies into the air completely whiffs on female bodies, which in turn leaves them electrified less than halfway up. I just got the game, so I wasn't sure if this was a bug. Or is this intended? Sorry if this thread is out of place.
Yeah, it does this but I think it's fine tbh. Just do b1 into combo and it launches correctly

Not gonna lie, when I saw the words Female Bodies in the topic I thought it was gonna be another article about gender politics in video games and that Storm Cell was the name of some magazine (kind of a cool name for one honestly) and thought to myself "oh boy here we go again." XD

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
Not gonna lie, when I saw the words Female Bodies in the topic I thought it was gonna be another article about gender politics in video games and that Storm Cell was the name of some magazine (kind of a cool name for one honestly) and thought to myself "oh boy here we go again." XD
sighs

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Actually, b12~cell, jf2, f2, 12~fly still works. But it's tight as hell, and does less damage because of that whiffed hit.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
It's very specifically a B12 issue. B1~Storm Cell gives a normal combo, B12~Storm Cell works if the B1 whiffs, plus any other string just gives a normal combo as far as I know.

It's most likely not intended. If a patch ever comes, it'd be nice if they slightly reduced the pushback of B12 on hit to make the combo consistent on female characters. Even then it's not the end of the world fortunately.

b12~db2Amp, late jf2, f4~bf3 works on everyone
Won't replacing F4 (7% damage) with J3 (9%) be slightly better damage-wise? Works pretty well on female hitboxes off of B12.

It's very specifically a B12 issue. B1~Storm Cell gives a normal combo, B12~Storm Cell works if the B1 whiffs, plus any other string just gives a normal combo as far as I know.

It's most likely not intended. If a patch ever comes, it'd be nice if they slightly reduced the pushback of B12 on hit to make the combo consistent on female characters. Even then it's not the end of the world fortunately.

Won't replacing F4 (7% damage) with J3 (9%) be slightly better damage-wise? Works pretty well on female hitboxes off of B12.
not sure if it works on females. i just dont use j3 because with f4 its undroppable for just a tiny sacrifice of damage, while i find it a bit of situationally inconsistent with j3.

Spop

Noob
In the corner, you can get a d1 to juggle after 2,1xxStorm cell on male bodies. I haven't been able to get a d1 after on female bodies.