What's new

Question - Acidic Stopping Alien ?

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
I'm not sure if they was covered before but I haven't seen much about acidic. It seems very underlooked but I was wondering how do u stop acidic alien?

Israfel

Designer for BxA
my (limited because I have played very few acidic players) knowledge says to zone them out. unless they jump forward the air acid and the ground acid hit just shy of the opponent.

Basically though, just don't let them get started with all of the tic dmg and it will put a stop to their gameplan

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
I think you just need to apply pressure with a projectile and get in their face as much as possible. If you let them get in a rhythm of dropping acid (lolderp) then I find it's a real struggle.

Alien is really minus on block so if you guess a mix up right then you just need the right punish to capitalise.

It is a difficult fight because of how well they control space but I think with enough practice it is manageable.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
His pokes up close are just okay but his range on some of his normals are insane. My advice would be zone him out as best you can from full screen, but if you're gonna get up close and personal make damn sure that he doesn't get to play.

His safe combo enders are EX spit which is +8 so respect that shit and the raw OH flip which is -7. Just keep that in mind.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
If Alien hits you on block with Acid Blood keep blocking, if Alien hits you on hit with Acid Blood keep blocking.
Guess right.
Stay full screen and wait for nerfs.
Don't like my advice? yeah me neither

On a serious note, the more I learn about this variation the less I know how to deal with it but I think Alien should be approached with different MU's (Cassie, Jacqui, Mileena, Kung Lao and Kitana should be able to deal with him), many will have a significantly hard time, at least until (if ever) he's toned down.

Pick a character with a good hitbox projectile , ie pretty lady and boneshaper shinnok , also alot of aliens like canceling there pokes or strings into db4 which is -8 , few can punish it , and db2 which is also -8 if you keep punishing that stuff he will be really scared to do that stuff again , also nothing is guranteed after meterless db4 so make sure you check them with an armored move everyonce in a while , if none of this work out just leave the game :DOGE

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
Pick a character with a good hitbox projectile , ie pretty lady and boneshaper shinnok , also alot of aliens like canceling there pokes or strings into db4 which is -8 , few can punish it , and db2 which is also -8 if you keep punishing that stuff he will be really scared to do that stuff again , also nothing is guranteed after meterless db4 so make sure you check them with an armored move everyonce in a while , if none of this work out just leave the game :DOGE
I'll be the first to leave the game in tournament play