What's new

Question - Takeda still waiting for a MU thread

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
currently these a few people working on one.. had it in the works before but the patch has changed some things. its still coming along but slot of stuff needs to be adjusted.. but one is coming

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
so you decided to stick with thie name huh
jax andjohnny cage are the worst matchups for me

Yeah jax is a major prob . So far whats working for me is back dashing his mid screen pressure
tornado kicks or teleport ( depending with variation you are using) when his across screen zoning or ground pounding
meter burn intertacables or ex SRK when he has you pinned in the corner
and do what ever you can to stay OUT of the corner ( but i know it s hard since its vs jax)

You can low profile a few of his moves but sometimes its actually worst to try cause getting hit with the overhead dash can turn into like 30%+ that you have to eat.

Lasher maybe the better option over Ronin or SR for Jax but i personally i am no way a lasher tech head yet. i do well with him, but not close to moving him as fluidly as i would like. yet some maybe another lasher can come drop some data.

One thing i will say is A lot of the jax i have played, are all about offense- few have the defensive skills to back up the bravado. with these types, i use Ronin and d1/d3 poke into b21 etc is pretty free all day. you just have to risk getting close. Also standard f122+4 pressure in both SR and Ronin are good

Against a solid Jax player - or one that knows the match up well. this will not work so easily. in Ronin , b21 will be blocked so i would throw some sparks in there to stay safe and in SR, you better belive they are gonna armor ex dash punch right after a blocked b21. pr pretty much in every gap we have.
These fights will be tough no matter what . and if youre caught in the corner with no meter - i suggest praying. lol

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE

Yeah jax is a major prob . So far whats working for me is back dashing his mid screen pressure
tornado kicks or teleport ( depending with variation you are using) when his across screen zoning or ground pounding
and do what ever you can to stay OUT of the corner ( but i know it s hard since its vs jax)

You can low profile a few of his moves but sometimes its actually worst to try cause getting hit with the overhead dash can turn into like 30%+ that you have to eat.

Lasher maybe the better option over Ronin or SR for Jax but i personally i am no way a lasher tech head yet. i do well with him, but not close to moving him as fluidly as i would like. yet some maybe another lasher can come drop some data.

One thing i will say is A lot of the jax i have played, are all about offense- few have the defensive skills to back up the bravado. with these types, i use Ronin and d1/d3 poke into b21 etc is pretty free all day. you just have to risk getting close. Also standard f122+4 pressure in both SR and Ronin are good

Against a solid Jax player - or one that knows the match up well. this will not work so easily. in Ronin , b21 will be blocked so i would throw some sparks in there to stay safe and in SR, you better belive they are gonna armor ex dash punch right after a blocked b21. pr pretty much in every gap we have.
These fights will be tough no matter what . and if youre caught in the corner with no meter - i suggest praying. lol
lmfaoo thanks for the information, i play SR. you gotta love those times when you fall into the corner against a grandmaster or jax. i ex tornado when im in the corner to get out. or if i get one of their holes i ex punch. usually that gives me 34% (ex punch, jik, tele f12+4, bf1) and they are in the corner even tho it doesnt really make a difference. I use SR and i believe it takes everything lol to beat someone, especially in tourneys. I lost to a scrubby johnny cage first round and fell to losers, then made it to 5th round losers and lost to a lao(i should of won but kept getting hit by ex spin 1-3) but you seriously gotta work to win. its tough for takeda players.

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE

i was thinking to find a secondary main to make up for the weaknesses of takeda. but i dont know who would fit the role

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
lmfaoo thanks for the information, i play SR. you gotta love those times when you fall into the corner against a grandmaster or jax. i ex tornado when im in the corner to get out. or if i get one of their holes i ex punch. usually that gives me 34% (ex punch, jik, tele f12+4, bf1) and they are in the corner even tho it doesnt really make a difference. I use SR and i believe it takes everything lol to beat someone, especially in tourneys. I lost to a scrubby johnny cage first round and fell to losers, then made it to 5th round losers and lost to a lao(i should of won but kept getting hit by ex spin 1-3) but you seriously gotta work to win. its tough for takeda players.

Lol good job though man keep it up. And yeah sometimes I use tornado kick as well .
Yeah if you know jax'a gaps between hat helps out big time but it's scare with how he can pressure .

And as for a second main , I have subzero ( all ) and predator (hunter) but I dunno I may drop one for Kung Lao or Jax just on principle. Cause right now it is looking like there would be no reason not too

I wanna pick up kotal though also for sure just cause he's such a badass in game .. ( not in story mode) lol

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
Lol good job though man keep it up. And yeah sometimes I use tornado kick as well .
Yeah if you know jax'a gaps between hat helps out big time but it's scare with how he can pressure .

And as for a second main , I have subzero ( all ) and predator (hunter) but I dunno I may drop one for Kung Lao or Jax just on principle. Cause right now it is looking like there would be no reason not too

I wanna pick up kotal though also for sure just cause he's such a badass in game .. ( not in story mode) lol
lol . his pressure is good (kotal kahn). i was gonna try to pick up grandmaster but idk how it works. i play cryo but i still feel uncomfortable playing it. kung lao was my main since i preordered the game lol. but now hes a top tier i just dont feel like it.. idk why. i wish i knew how to play predator. hes so badass. i was gonna try to learn hqt but idk how his combos and neutral game work.

ATIWAB

Noob
FKP, having seen your playstyle I'll just throw out there that a lot of the Jax pressure comes from him being able to wake up so aggressively and push to the corner with EX DDF, so if you're relying on the close-ish F12+4/F122+4 game you use against other characters as your main pressure string instead of falling back to B21 at max range you risk eating huge damage on every wakeup and getting stuck where you don't wanna be. When we played, the rounds I won were ones where your F12+4 kunai string became predictable and I consistently EX FF'd through it for 30% on wake or blocked it and was able to open, and that's just as Takeda; Jax hurts worse than that if the player has any idea how to RC the EX DDF into a full combo, i.e., the majority of them, plus one right guess on your F12+4 kunai mixup is gonna end in getting nailed with F21/11 starter.

You can try and bait the wakeup EX DDF and punish, that'll only work once or twice and because of the pushback and Takeda being so godawful slow it's not even that easy to punish on block despite the frame advantage. I usually try to condition them to delay wakeup by being aggressive with B21 on every knockdown, making them block high/low for B21-kunai and then throw in a full Fallen Warrior string on knockdown every so often instead when they learn to block high/high/low for kunai; the B21 will break armor on EX dash fist if they do decide to get aggressive, when timed correctly at the right range, and is full combo'able. Once you can condition them into not trying it on wakeup at all anymore, your F122+4/F12+4 game becomes usable again, just don't stand close enough to actually hit the F1 after knockdown or you'll eat an EX Gotcha Grab on wake, get restood and subject yourself to his mixup game on the restand.

Re: finding a secondary main to make up for Takeda's weaknesses... I picked PU Jax. Haha. Removing the EX DDF wakeup from Jax's game through conditioning and chipping away with reliable b21kunai/Fallen Warrior is the hardest thing for me to deal with as PU Jax, because there's no time to get off Ground Pounds/Energy Waves without eating the b21, getting in with DDF gets hit with the B21... There's no other way to quickly get in close to land pressure aside from F212, which also gets torn up by the b21. Getting stuck at mid/full-range is what I lose to against SR Takeda as Jax and what works best for me against Jax as SR Takeda, but it's still heavily in Jax's favor, can't keep him out forever without 100% perfect play.

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
FKP, having seen your playstyle I'll just throw out there that a lot of the Jax pressure comes from him being able to wake up so aggressively and push to the corner with EX DDF, so if you're relying on the close-ish F12+4/F122+4 game you use against other characters as your main pressure string instead of falling back to B21 at max range you risk eating huge damage on every wakeup and getting stuck where you don't wanna be. When we played, the rounds I won were ones where your F12+4 kunai string became predictable and I consistently EX FF'd through it for 30% on wake or blocked it and was able to open, and that's just as Takeda; Jax hurts worse than that if the player has any idea how to RC the EX DDF into a full combo, i.e., the majority of them, plus one right guess on your F12+4 kunai mixup is gonna end in getting nailed with F21/11 starter.

You can try and bait the wakeup EX DDF and punish, that'll only work once or twice and because of the pushback and Takeda being so godawful slow it's not even that easy to punish on block despite the frame advantage. I usually try to condition them to delay wakeup by being aggressive with B21 on every knockdown, making them block high/low for B21-kunai and then throw in a full Fallen Warrior string on knockdown every so often instead when they learn to block high/high/low for kunai; the B21 will break armor on EX dash fist if they do decide to get aggressive, when timed correctly at the right range, and is full combo'able. Once you can condition them into not trying it on wakeup at all anymore, your F122+4/F12+4 game becomes usable again, just don't stand close enough to actually hit the F1 after knockdown or you'll eat an EX Gotcha Grab on wake, get restood and subject yourself to his mixup game on the restand.

Re: finding a secondary main to make up for Takeda's weaknesses... I picked PU Jax. Haha. Removing the EX DDF wakeup from Jax's game through conditioning and chipping away with reliable b21kunai/Fallen Warrior is the hardest thing for me to deal with as PU Jax, because there's no time to get off Ground Pounds/Energy Waves without eating the b21, getting in with DDF gets hit with the B21... There's no other way to quickly get in close to land pressure aside from F212, which also gets torn up by the b21. Getting stuck at mid/full-range is what I lose to against SR Takeda as Jax and what works best for me against Jax as SR Takeda, but it's still heavily in Jax's favor, can't keep him out forever without 100% perfect play.
i dont even know how to describe my playstyle and i dont like the character jax hehe