What's new

Steam Version of Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

Hey all,

The Steam version of Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection, does it still use/require Games for Windows Live?

I remember that being the case back in the day, and I haven't installed it on my PC in years. Don't really want to if Games for Windows Live will come with it, so thought I'd ask here.

Thanks!

Colares

Noob
There is nothing on the Steam community page to suggest it has been fixed. But anyway using Mame or other emulator is closer to arcade perfect.

There is nothing on the Steam community page to suggest it has been fixed. But anyway using Mame or other emulator is closer to arcade perfect.
Thanks for the reply; that's a shame that Games for Windows Live is still required.

As a casual of the original trilogy, I'm not familiar with the differences between the "Arcade Kollection" version and the Mame version. Can you elaborate?

Also, is it the same deal for the other two games?

Colares

Noob
Thanks for the reply; that's a shame that Games for Windows Live is still required.

As a casual of the original trilogy, I'm not familiar with the differences between the "Arcade Kollection" version and the Mame version. Can you elaborate?

Also, is it the same deal for the other two games?
In the MKAK they tried to reproduce the arcade versions but it has some problems like lag and setting up controls. Using MAME or even the 64 version for the trilogy version you can probably find other people on discord or on TYM to play.

https://discordapp.com/invite/aCtRFyC

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
@ded have you tried MKAK on steam with smart steam emulator? It should take off some input lag by reducing steam api requests. It might be the best way to play

ded

Elder God
never heard of it. i remember MKAK PC require additional configuration to the ini file to use proper keys for the kbd, as by default you can use only arrows for the directions. i never liked much that compilation, especially the PS3 version lol

I enjoyed the Xbox 360 version of it for what it was worth; a great nostalgia trip. Except for Online, too much lag.