What's new

Steam - Standard vs Premium Edition?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
So the pre-order for MK11 is on steam right now..

Like it says it comes with a Kombat Pack... but the PEdition adds 45 bucks nearly 1/2 the cost of the base game alone... and comes with

The Kombat Pack includes:
• 6 new DLC playable characters
• 1 week early access to DLC characters
• 7 Skins
• 7 sets of gear
Does this mean that it is actually 2 combat packs?

I was under the impression the "6 new DLC characters" were coming in one hit... Either way, I've pre-ordered.

...BUT, if it turns out they're gimping player-2 offline again (see: my related thread), I'll cancel and search for a sale... Shao Kahn or no Shao Kahn. I don't have to have the game on day-dot, if push comes to shove. That, and being a PC user, I'm unsure of whether the "beta" will be available for PC users -- another potential reason to keep the Wrath Hammer in my pants a little longer than launch day.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Yeah,.. I thought it would be 6 in one go.. it does say Kombat Pack... but they have always been 3 slots a pack traditionally right. Across MKx and IJ...

I made a super quick mock up... they can fit very easily 12 more slots on that screen as is.. the pink ones go to far into the vs poses... even if you reduce them to 2 instead of three.

Also you could probably put another 6 at the very bottom.. 3 each side of the grappler time dude

So if they release Kombat Pack with 6 slots., there is room for a 2nd pack with 6 additional slots.

The other idea is that they are no longer selling individual packs.. maybe you just buy the kombat pack and as slots are released they just appear in your game.