What's new

"Starlight Starbright" Starfire Combos

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I'll ask again, what has everyone been doing midscreen to corner to avoid stage transitions?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Good idea
yeah I mix up the following:

built in spacing for cross up j2

late j3b (non-cross up) into d1 db3 trait

late j3 (cross up) d1 db3 trait.

late j3u (non-cross up) d1 db3 trait

You can do 113 db3 trait as an ender but d1 is really consistent regardless what j3 you do. Has to be late j3 or else it will hit mid and your opponent can just git gud and block it low on accident or something.

Last edited:

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Really, it seems like her 21 string is going to be very important. 21 or 2(mbf3) or 212 all safe options.

23 for punishing does a shit tone and 232 on block builds a ton of meter and is safe.

She is a super solid and fun character.

also, the 113 splat ender into MB db1 trait can stuff a lot of non wakeups (not true invinci ones)

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Greetings, friends!

I haven't seen many of you ending combos with 2,3, Shooting Star, Trait, so I thought I'd share these:

The 2,3 ender replacing 113 does about 5% more damage on the standard meterburn Star Dust combo.

Using two bars is worth it for the bounce cancels, because you get 11% more damage than doing a meterburn Star Dust combo, since it scales so badly.

If you replace the Super in the last combo with Shooting Star, Trait; you're looking at 439 damage on Canary.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Really, it seems like her 21 string is going to be very important. 21 or 2(mbf3) or 212 all safe options.

23 for punishing does a shit tone and 232 on block builds a ton of meter and is safe.

She is a super solid and fun character.

also, the 113 splat ender into MB db1 trait can stuff a lot of non wakeups (not true invinci ones)
The 2nd 2 in 232 can be backdashed. But you can punish with 23 xx trait, 23 xx bf2, 23, f22 etc to catch the backdashes. But yeah, 23/232 is very good and builds a lot of meter on block and is relatively safe.

Just brain storming though less damage. Maybe people can make it better but after wall bounce u can do b2, f2 hair, d1 dp. Or cross under b2.

Also weird but u can do a wall bounce then finish with f12 and it plants then at ur feet.

The b12 stuff is a good hard knockdown but it doesn't cover wake up jump back or backdash. Wish it was just 3-5 frames more adv and we would have a legit hard knock down setup

Which string is most optimal after the 23 - MB Stardust - B3 - J3 combo to connect Shooting Star? I've seen people do 113, F2, & 23 but which is the best?