What's new

Starfire's Anti-Airs do NOT work.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Problem:
d2 doesn't reach high enough so she gets jumped on by default.
b2 doesn't cover the space where everybody actually jumps. It covers some space in mid-high range in front of her but it does not work as an effective anti-air.
db3 is too slow to react with, it sometimes works on read but it's not worth using because it's very unsafe and whiffing it is the same as taking a jump-in: full combo punished.

Solution: Increase hitbox of both d2 and b2 above her head so that she can effectively anti-air with them.

jmt

Noob
I couldn't disagree more. I can't wait for people to jump on me as starfire. I consistently d2 people all the time.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Bro I don't really get what your issue is with AAing. Her AA is decent lol. I love her AA. I'll take a 9f db3 AA over one that's like 10 frames or worse any day lol.

D

Deleted member 56553

The only thing she might struggle to anti air is Catwoman’s j2 but that’s because it hits from a mile away.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Like Destroyer said, I'm fighting people online and that's probably messing with the timing.
It's obvious that I'm doing something wrong if everyone else says aaing with her is fine.
And since pressing d+2 is not a difficult thing, chances are it's really just online being online.

I'm sure I'll adapt, then.

Shoutouts to people trying to help instead of acting like angry children.
The rest of you: lol, grow up.

Reactions: jmt

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
db3 is good even against cross-ups. If You cannot anti air with that it's because is on-line. off-line it works 100% of the time.
Like Destroyer said, I'm fighting people online and that's probably messing with the timing.
It's obvious that I'm doing something wrong if everyone else says aaing with her is fine.
And since pressing d+2 is not a difficult thing, chances are it's really just online being online.

I'm sure I'll adapt, then.

Shoutouts to people trying to help instead of acting like angry children.
The rest of you: lol, grow up.
It works online as well, I think saw either Tweedy or Jupiter hitting it online. And I'm sorry @GLoRToR but you're acting like a child yourself if you're keep making downplaying threads and posts.

Last edited: