What's new

Starfire strategy

I'm not the best player in the world but maybe with starfire you could repeatedly d1 into her db2 the regular non meter burn is unsafe but if you d1 into her db2 and expect some one to poke when you poke you can just d1 into the db2 also I normally do with starfire 21 into db2 so you could do a f22 which is only minus 1 and they can't poke out of it or you could do another 21 into db2 or you can do a combo with db3 into trait you can't really escape from all the stuff also when opponents try to poke back when your doing d1 into db2 and it's an overhead and you can catch them when they are blocking low she already gains a lot of meter because of her zoning and plus the up close game I use she is pretty good

Last edited:

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
That was quite the word wall, Platinumraid. Anyways, I know when Dragon used Starfire d1-hair was a large part of his strategy. It surprised me how much pressure he got off of it. Her d1 bring 6 frames certainly helps.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
d1 is her only 6 frame move, it's certainly a good button.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
I read that out loud all in one breath and nearly died.

On a positive note, you can tell how passionate you are with this character so may I suggest a little video next time instead of a wall of text? People respond better to watching things rather than reading it and picturing it in their head. Run through some scenarios in the lab and record your findings!

Happy grinding!

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I tried to fix the OP and make it a little more readable. Don't know if it helps or if I misunderstood what the OP was trying to say, so apologies for any mistakes made lmao.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not the best player in the world, but here's my idea. Maybe with starfire you could repeatedly D1 into her hair. The regular non-meter burn is unsafe, but if you D1 into her hair and expect some one to poke when you poke - you can just D1~DB2.

Also, I normally do 21 into hair so you could do a F22, which is only -1, and they can't poke out of it or else you could do another 21 into hair. Alternatively, you can do a combo with DB3~trait; you can't really escape from all the stuff. Furthermore, when your opponent tries to poke back when you're doing D1~MB Hair Whip and it's an overhead and you can catch them when they are blocking low she already gains a lot of meter because of her zoning and plus the up close game I use she is pretty good

Furthermore, when your opponent tries to poke back when you're doing D1~MB Hair Whip, they'll get hit but if they block low, the overhead will hit them. She already gains a lot of meter because of her zoning and with the up close game that I use. She is pretty good.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I tried to fix the OP and make it a little more readable. Don't know if it helps or if I misunderstood what the OP was trying to say, so apologies for any mistakes made lmao.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not the best player in the world, but here's my idea. Maybe with starfire you could repeatedly D1 into her hair. The regular non-meter burn is unsafe, but if you D1 into her hair and expect some one to poke when you poke - you can just D1~DB2.

Also, I normally do 21 into hair so you could do a F22, which is only -1, and they can't poke out of it or else you could do another 21 into hair. Alternatively, you can do a combo with DB3~trait; you can't really escape from all the stuff. Furthermore, when your opponent tries to poke back when you're doing D1~MB Hair Whip and it's an overhead and you can catch them when they are blocking low she already gains a lot of meter because of her zoning and plus the up close game I use she is pretty good

Furthermore, when your opponent tries to poke back when you're doing D1~MB Hair Whip, they'll get hit but if they block low, the overhead will hit them. She already gains a lot of meter because of her zoning and with the up close game that I use. She is pretty good.
Even with this explanation his game plan makes no sense lol. Why would you do any of this when you can just d1 star dust which meterless and trades for a combo? Furthermore, theres no reason to think d1 d1 hair flip or 21 haor flip is a good strategy. You'll get more mileage out of 113 star dust and even that can be forward dashed for a punish. I'm puzzled completely by this lol I def need video cause from the text it makes 0 sense

Even with this explanation his game plan makes no sense lol. Why would you do any of this when you can just d1 star dust which meterless and trades for a combo? Furthermore, theres no reason to think d1 d1 hair flip or 21 haor flip is a good strategy. You'll get more mileage out of 113 star dust and even that can be forward dashed for a punish. I'm puzzled completely by this lol I def need video cause from the text it makes 0 sense
Trait is the only button i use.

Translation- LAZERZ ONLY NO D1 HAIRS NOPE
Trait is the only button i use.

Translation- LAZERZ ONLY NO D1 HAIRS NOPE
?

Icefyre

Shadows
I heard that being an asshole is what people do these days is it true?
You tell me.

That was quite the word wall, Platinumraid.
I read that out loud all in one breath and nearly died.
Quickletmepostmyentirethoughtintoahugesentancethatisreallyhardtoreadbecausemythoughtprocessisallovertheplaceandijustwanttogeteverythoughtoutatonetime.
I tried to fix the OP and make it a little more readable.
That was easier to read and understand than what the OP posted...
Every single one of these alludes to the same thing. I'm not actually trying to be mean, none of us are, but did you really not see that coming?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I heard that being an asshole is what people do these days is it true?
Just rewrite out your thoughts. Explain what you think is good and explicitly state what is "on block" and what is "on hit"...

Separate different parts into mini paragraphs if you have to, even if it looks like this reply where I have one or two sentences per "paragraph".

It seemed like you were going somewhere, we just kan't figure out what that is.

If you put more effort into your post, we usually put more effort into our replies...

How about spam lasers/farthest stardust + trait at large distance?, at mid distance spam j3/f3/b3?,and upclose spam d1(Hair or close Sartdust)?.... then profit..... 10/10 top tier tech:DOGE

Last edited:
I'm having issues with Starfire's ability to perform a decent wakeup. Which one are you guys using because I'm getting punshied each time.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I generally try to work with people, and I tried really hard to understand what the OP is saying, but I just couldn't get it.

So good luck, Starfire mains :cool: