What's new

Starfire Projectile Tech - Most Damaging Projectile Combo

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
As you might've know, Starfire can cancel any of her Specials into her Starbolt Trait, including her projectiles. Well I've found that if you time it right, you can get a 282 damage point projectile fusion from far away without using any of her Normals up close.

What you need to do is be at the right range from the opponent and start with MB Star Dust (not from full screen, as if you do it too far away the MB Star Dust will explode a bit far from the opponent and you won't get the full damage from it, as you see it in the vid) then you need to shoot the Starblast projectile right when the MB Star Dust hits the opponent and cancel that into her Starbolt Trait, and hold 4 to keep the Trait going for maximum damage.

The damage can vary from 220 to 224 if you don't hold the Trait, and from 272 to 282 if you do hold it (this is also dependent on the timing of hitting the Starblast into the Trait), and yes it costs a bar, but the damage from that range is good enough for it.

Enjoy :)

EDIT: After speaking with another Youtuber named Jmack, I checked things again and I've found how can you optimize and maximize the damage from mid to full screen with Starfire's projectiles even more.

First of all, there are cases in which the longer the range is between you and the opponent, the more damage you will get. And secondly, if do MB the Starbolt Trait, or even both MB it and hold 4, you can maximize the damage even more. As I've said in my previous tech vid, the damage can from 220 to 224 if you don't hold the Trait and from 272 to 282 if you hold it, but if you decide to MB the Trait the damage can be 288, and if you both MB and hold the Trait, the damage can vary from 298 to 321, from nearly full screen. Of course the timing is also important, but if you can nail it, you will get the damage.

EDIT #2: The patch did change the Tech drastically, as a lot of the damage from the chains got nerfed for 90% of the cases so this tech should now be done in a different approach.

As of now, the scenario of just doing Starblast to Trait, with you MB the trait or MB and hold it, is the only scenario of which the damage didn't get change at all, except if you do it from close range of which case the damage did get reduced, but if you do it from mid to long range the damage is still the same. That's good because it is very simple to do and the damage is very good. To be exact, 210 without MB the trait from mid-range and 265 if you do MB it from mid-range, with one point extra point for each if you do it from long range. On the other hand, the damage of actually do the MB Stardust and chaining it into Starblast and Starbolt (either holding it, MB it or both), have been reduced significantly:

1) MB Stardust and regular Trait: 203-208 (down from 220-224).

2) Starblast and both Holding and MB Trait: 265 (mid-range) or 266 (long-range) (same as before).

3) MB Stardust and holding Trait: 248-267 (down from 272-282).

4) MB Stardust and MB Trait: 276 (down from 288).

5) MB Stardust and both Holding and MB Trait: 286-309 (down from 298-321)

So basically what you need to do now is to do just the final version of this tech, as the damage got nerfed, but at least it still a very good damage for 2 Bars, while not only that the other versions got nerfed, but you can instead just go for regular Starblast and MB + held Trait and get the same amount of damage of MB Stardust and holding Trait with just 1 or 2 less damage points the it's maximized damage possible with no need to worry about timing. Of course you can still go for the version of MB Stardust and holding Trait as can still lead to the same amount of damage, but you still need to worry about the timing. So while it's still good on hit, it's better to just go for Starblast into MB and held Trait without Stardust at all.

I'm glad to inform you that while the damage on hit got nerfed, the damage on block is still the same. So you can do the version of MB Stardust and holding Trait and get 7% chip damage just like before (as well getting 9% chip damage if you also MB the Trait in addition to holding it). So that's how this tech needs to be done from now:

1) If you know the opponent is gonna block and you have one Bar, go for the version of MB Stardust and holding Trait.

2) If you know the opponent is gonna get hit and you have one Bar, just go for Starblast into MB Trait and hold it, or go for the version of MB Stardust and Trait and hold it if you wanna get to the most possible damage.

3) If you know the opponent is gonna get hit and you have two Bars, go for the version of MB Stardust and Trait, and both hold it and MB it.

So this tech is now a lot more limited, but it can still be lead to good great results, you just need to be more careful with how you use it.

@Espio
@DarksydeDash
@MKF30
@xKhaoTik
@AZ MotherBrain

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nice, I was actually messing around with something similar which would put some nice pressure with her. Do the charge ball from a far like here, then do her MB flying move into trait. I've found it's quite annoying for her foes hehe. If only she had a teleport can you imagine the set ups and techs she'd have with the orb then? ha lol. Hoping Raiden has something like that.:D

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
The best scenario is when they try to jump over the orb and you explode it with trait because you get a 40% plus combo from full screen. :D

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
What is the chip like on this? Can you hit confirm this reliably? Just thinking out loud is all, but it's gonna be tough to land that ball and a high projectile from that range.. I can see people jumping over the ball, but as stated you can just blow it up and get even more damage from a standard combo afterwards.

Again, just thinking out loud, not trying to come in here yelling DIS IZNT VIYE A BULL or anything, just thinking through the minutiae <-- I spelled that right first try. I win today.

If these little projectile 'chains' lead into huge chip though.. Thats a super powerful weapon IMO, given that she does excellent chip already.

Roy Arkon

What is the chip like on this? Can you hit confirm this reliably? Just thinking out loud is all, but it's gonna be tough to land that ball and a high projectile from that range.. I can see people jumping over the ball, but as stated you can just blow it up and get even more damage from a standard combo afterwards.

Again, just thinking out loud, not trying to come in here yelling DIS IZNT VIYE A BULL or anything, just thinking through the minutiae <-- I spelled that right first try. I win today.

If these little projectile 'chains' lead into huge chip though.. Thats a super powerful weapon IMO, given that she does excellent chip already.
If the damage on hit is that big then it only makes sense that the chip damage on block will be good as well. But of course if the opponent does block you would probably won't do this tech as you need to spend meter for it.

Edit: I just check it and the version of 272-282 on hit (MB Stardust but and hold-only version of the Trait) does 7% damage on block, while the version of 298-321 on hit (MB both the Stardust and Trait and also holding the Trait) does 9% damage on block, and in both cases you get almost half of a bar back due to holding the Trait. But regardless the whole point of this tech is to maximize the damage on hit anyway.

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
If the damage on hit is that big then it only makes sense that the chip damage on block will be good as well. But of course if the opponent does block you would probably won't do this tech as you need to spend meter for it.

Edit: I just check it and the version of 272-282 on hit (MB Stardust but and hold-only version of the Trait) does 7% damage on block, while the version of 298-321 on hit (MB both the Stardust and Trait and also holding the Trait) does 9% damage on block, and in both cases you get almost half of a bar back due to holding the Trait. But regardless the whole point of this tech is to maximize the damage on hit anyway.

Well, chip doesn't seem to be directly tied to flat damage done? I was under the impression some things did more on chip than others.. Red Hood's forward lunge as an example, the damage is astounding, but it does seriously legit chip. and the fact that Trident Rush had its chip damage reduced (denoting that chip isn't a universal % or value) 7% is quite good IMO.

I wasn't saying it was bad/useless or anything, I was just asking about the chip and asking how hit confirmable this is, since I wouldn't imagine you'd be landing a ton of mostly full screen high projectiles and MB orbs. That's all I was asking about, because it SOUNDS really good. If someone blocks this on a failed hit confirm or if it cant be (I cant test myself atm) they still eat 7%+ and you get half a bar back. That's a still not a bad trade IMO at all.

Roy Arkon

Well, chip doesn't seem to be directly tied to flat damage done? I was under the impression some things did more on chip than others.. Red Hood's forward lunge as an example, the damage is astounding, but it does seriously legit chip. and the fact that Trident Rush had its chip damage reduced (denoting that chip isn't a universal % or value) 7% is quite good IMO.

I wasn't saying it was bad/useless or anything, I was just asking about the chip and asking how hit confirmable this is, since I wouldn't imagine you'd be landing a ton of mostly full screen high projectiles and MB orbs. That's all I was asking about, because it SOUNDS really good. If someone blocks this on a failed hit confirm or if it cant be (I cant test myself atm) they still eat 7%+ and you get half a bar back. That's a still not a bad trade IMO at all.
Ok no problem bro. Thanks for the feedback.