What's new

Starfire Patch Needs and Wishes

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
@Invincible Salads And @Roy Arkon

Take Starfire Vs Batman in training mode and try to consistently d2 his j2 up close. If he is even slightly above your head you whiff completely and eat a combo. This is not just a batman specific issue.

If want video evidence of this problem, I'm happy to oblige.
It's not a need, it's a want and did you maybe consider that her not being as good at anti-airing up close is because of how much range DP occupies in front of her? People have to get past her zoning and get past her ranged DP and what not, why should they not be rewarded by being able to make her hold something? It seems like a logical balance based weakness.

Every character does not need the same tools, I don't understand why everyone's balance arguments central around, "well so and so has it so I should have it" as if that's a good point.

I see we're not reading correctly because nobody said standing 2 was an advancing mid so no your response makes no sense. I stated as a zoner she already has fast enough buttons so instead of being defensive, you should read more clearly as opposed to seeing what you want to see.
I just checked Starfire's D2 against Batman's J2 and while you're getting a trade or just getting hit while he is at lower in the air after the jump, she can hit him without any trade as long as he is at the highest of neutral jump. But then I've also checked Shooting Star (DB3) and this is a much more consistent AA against Batman's J2.

@Espio is right on this one, a character doesn't need to have the exact same pros that other chars get, especially since Starfire does have several AA tools: D2, B2, S3, Shooting Star etc; all you need to do is just trying to find the correct AA against whatever character you face. Getting one single AA that is gonna be the answer for all jumps from all angles for all chars is great and all, but with this array of AA's she's got, why would she need to have that?

She doesn't need changes for her D2, she just need to change her AA depending on the character, and it's not bad at all, in fact it can only show how good her AA game is.

Last edited:

AkioOf100

I play Raph
Ya she needs a couple buffs but I also think she needs some changes to her gameplay? In a way? Like why is she based off of gimmicks. Her d1 is so obnoxious and it doesn't really link into anything but hairflip... And then the MB hairflip is another mixup.. and then it's -1 on block so the starfire just pokes again.. It's just really stupid. This is nothing characteristic of starfire .. she beat Dick Grayson in H2H with martial arts.. not d1 MB Hairflip .. LOL..

Ik I'm just sorta talking out of my ass but I do think she's really stupid the way she plays. I love her though, amazing character design, great zoning, decent combo damage (i use the word decent sparingly), broken J3 (exaggerating lmao). Solid overall.

Just make that damn d1 link into a bounce cancel or something. It got nerfed to shit for no reason. I'd rather get hit with d1 into a full combo than a damn hairflip stagger LOL

Error

DF2+R2
This is an extremely hilarious statement. Remember when she was just revealed? The entire website swore they’d main her, what happened to that?
She has a pretty large fanbase and is very visually appealing, so I can see why many wanted to try her out. I gave her a try too as I do with most characters, but standing still at full screen doing df1 df1 df1 4 is just not fun and just drags the matches making her draining to play as and against. Her gameplay design just ended up really bland.

Last edited:

kcd117

Noob
wth lol why does this character still has a buff thread?

She is perfectly fine, a great character that is not broken. Do we really have a need for a absolute top tier character that has no waeknesses? It is fine not to be good at everything, last time a character had all the good tools we had kabal.

I think her weaknesses are fine. Top tiers should just be toned down a little.

What do you mean? Her d2 is definitely the worst anti airing d2 in the game. Like I said I think weaknesses are fine, but you definitely don't play the character if you see no issues with the hitbox.

you are supposed to use b2 for a full launcher...
d2 is good but better for getting a lauch if you read them doing a high like BA or a stand 1 string for usually positive pressure

I feel like she is strong BUT she has an extremely difficult time in footsies vs the top footsie characters in the game. f23 is a risk and leads to nothing. if its blocked its their turn. stand 2 is relatively slow and trex'ing.

you almost have to play her neutral like darkseid... d3 d3 d3 d3 d3 lol

Tweedy

Noob
The only thing I really want is d1 bgb.

Also she doesn't beat Brainiac like that at all imo. TYM is just very heavy theory fighting so I figured that's where that was coming from. In real games Brainiac will have traits coming and will leap right outside of db3 range.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
When the patch hits, would a nerf to the top characters not be enough for Starfire? That's not a rhetorical question, I know nothing about the character.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
When the patch hits, would a nerf to the top characters not be enough for Starfire? That's not a rhetorical question, I know nothing about the character.
When majoritarian nerfs hit, I think Batman and Supergirl will make it out pretty much unscathed.Why:because NRS doesn’t want to lose a hefty portion of their main player base, the DC casuls, who are likely to pick and easy top tier(SG), or just Batman(DC’s best best seller).Just my two cents tho.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
When majoritarian nerfs hit, I think Batman and Supergirl will make it out pretty much unscathed.Why:because NRS doesn’t want to lose a hefty portion of their main player base, the DC casuls, who are likely to pick and easy top tier(SG), or just Batman(DC’s best best seller).Just my two cents tho.
Casuals don't know or care about tiers. Im asking if theoretically, would a nerf to top tier be enough for Supergirl?

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Casuals don't know or care about tiers. Im asking if theoretically, would a nerf to top tier be enough for Supergirl?
Most of the scrubs have a jump 2 only Batman(which is their whole game plan) and a teleport happy Supergirl somewhere.And since they can cause a massive upheaval by sheer RAGING and SOBBING, I think that NRS doesn’t want the poster children to be shit-tier.The trio is a well-rounded roster for anyone new to fighting games(SG and SM for neutral play, Batman for the more offensive approach).
Also if Supergirl becomes the only top dog, I’m dropping that cesspool of a game right there.Eww, SG mirrors.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Most of the scrubs have a jump 2 only Batman(which is their whole game plan) and a teleport happy Supergirl somewhere.And since they can cause a massive upheaval by sheer RAGING and SOBBING, I think that NRS doesn’t want the poster children to be shit-tier.The trio is a well-rounded roster for anyone new to fighting games(SG and SM for neutral play, Batman for the more offensive approach)
Most of the people that shitty already dropped the game though

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Most of the people that shitty already dropped the game though
Some still persist, and trust me, you just have to go see the online rooms, there is never a shortage of scrubs in FG’s due to their very nature.And, given that IJ is a comic fan magnet, there is all the more!

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Yeah it could only help. Starfire herself doesn't need any buffs, she is a very versatile character with the emphasis on Zoning, and a good one at that. So in case other chars get nerfef she will be wmeven better by that alone.

Casuals would pick the game anyway, NRS have nothing to do with it, the players just know how to exploit the chars. Also for the record I've faced some good Batman players with my Sub-Zero and I lost like to only one of them so far.

They likely will get touched in the patch. Or maybe they will not, we will see.

Last edited: