What's new

Starfire Patch Needs and Wishes

Tweedy

Noob
I think she's middle of the cast atm, which balance wise is fine right. If they don't intend to nerf top tier at all, then maybe she could use a couple buffs.

Her anti airs are really bad idc what anyone says. When you can only anti air on reads, that's not good. Her b2 can't be used on reaction vs well placed jumps. Maybe this needs to be her weakness tho.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Her anti-airs aren't "bad" but yeah unlike good d2s were you can do them on reaction hers needs to be on a read or from far away.

There is the benefit of b2 having super fast recovery so it's not too risky to throw out when you see an opening where they might jump.. Wouldnt call that ideal tho when there's some way better anti-airs that get a full combo and can be done on reaction instead.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
You can do her db3 on reaction.

It’s 9 frames and catches basically everything and reaches half screen.

She has some of the best anti-airs in the game, I don’t get where you guys are coming from in saying her anti-airs are bad.

Yes, b2 is more used on a read and d2 is buttcheeks, but db3~4 is a solid 200+ meterless anti-air. Use it more often.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!

She has some of the best anti-airs in the game, I don’t get where you guys are coming from in saying her anti-airs are bad.

Yes, b2 is more used on a read and d2 is buttcheeks, but db3~4 is a solid 200+ meterless anti-air. Use it more often.
Totally spot on.

Tweedy

Noob

You can't do her db3 on reaction at all. Maybe on reaction to air dashes or slower jumps, but to like a Batman jump 2, no, not at all. The jump ins that are problematic to anti air are way too fast with way too low of jump archs to db3 on reaction.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
You can't do her db3 on reaction at all. Maybe on reaction to air dashes or slower jumps, but to like a Batman jump 2, no, not at all. The jump ins that are problematic to anti air are way too fast with way too low of jump archs to db3 on reaction.
Don't forget it's way too unsafe to guess with, as well.

Why doesn't she have a fully invincible wake up?
Why when she meter burns db2 is it still negative on block when other characters get a fully invincible one that is also plus on block with meter?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
  • Starfire - Star Dust will now prioritize the very far version over the far version
  • Starfire - Star Dust MeterBurn cooldown will now properly reset when it connects with armor or is destroyed

What does this mean?

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
  • Starfire - Star Dust will now prioritize the very far version over the far version
  • Starfire - Star Dust MeterBurn cooldown will now properly reset when it connects with armor or is destroyed

What does this mean?
For the first one, as @TarkatanDentist guessed, and his probably right on that, if your thumb ends up pressing uf then the u input (very far) will outprioritise the f input (far) and produce a very far star dust. As for the second one, it's basically a fix to the cool-down of MB Stardust (the Reptile Forceball-like projectile) after it connects with armor or destroyed either by your opponent's moves or even by you, like after using Trait on it.

gibster13

A fan of fans
better d2
old d1 (just combo into bgb is all)
faster s3 (its not like it advances)

Just cuz why not buffs
hairflip -1
mbhairflip +1
faster trait and mid

"Defiantly don't want her broken what do you mean ;)

On a srs note...just d1 bgb and to be able to jail into her shite s2