What's new

Starfire Meter-Burn Tamaranean Charge Delay

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I saw SCR 2017 and I watch a Starfire player named R3AP3R, and during his set on stream I noticed that there were several times of which he could delay the MB version Tamaranean Charge (B,F,2). So I went to the lab and in turns out that yes, Starfire can indeed delay the MB version of TC, on both hit and block. This can lead to some nice punish baitings, of which you bait the opponent to punish you only to get hit by the MB TC.

I've checked this on a few characters and few moves:

- Cheetah (Standing 1, 7 frames)
- Cheetah (Primal Rage (D,B,2), 8 frames)
- Captain Cold (The Wall (D,B,2) 12 frames)
- The Flash (Fists of Fury (B, F, 1) 8 frames)
- The Flash (Quantum Tunneling (D, B, 1) 9 frames)
- The Flash (Lightning Punches (B, F, 2) 10 frames)

And Starfire can hit them all by delaying the TC. It should be noted that each punish will react at a different frame but there are also several frames of which you can MB the TC, so the timing of you delaying the MB TC must be different depending on the character you're facing and moves they can potentially use against you.

Enjoy :)

@Espio
@DarksydeDash
@MKF30
@xKhaoTik
@AZ MotherBrain
@Tweedy
@PLAYING TO WIN

Last edited:
Is it harsh if I say that this has been known for quite a while?

It's definitely a nice little gimmick though - I've got a clip saved on my ps4 of using exactly this to clinch the last part of an opponent's lifebar. 'Twas a very proud moment for me lol.

N.B. I'm giving you a like because I like that you're putting effort into trying to improve her metagame. :)

Roy Arkon

Is it harsh if I say that this has been known for quite a while?

It's definitely a nice little gimmick though - I've got a clip saved on my ps4 of using exactly this to clinch the last part of an opponent's lifebar. 'Twas a very proud moment for me lol.

N.B. I'm giving you a like because I like that you're putting effort into trying to improve her metagame. :)
I had a hunch that this might have been known but I wasn't sure so I posted it anyway just in case. Thanks for the feedback anyway bro. :)

I saw SCR 2017 and I watch a Starfire player named R3AP3R, and during his set on stream I noticed that there were several times of which he could delay the MB version Tamaranean Charge (B,F,2). So I went to the lab and in turns out that yes, Starfire can indeed delay the MB version of TC, on both hit and block. This can lead to some nice punish baitings, of which you bait the opponent to punish you only to get hit by the MB TC.

I've checked this on a few characters and few moves:

- Cheetah (Standing 1, 7 frames)
- Cheetah (Primal Rage (D,B,2), 8 frames)
- Captain Cold (The Wall (D,B,2) 12 frames)
- The Flash (Fists of Fury (B, F, 1) 8 frames)
- The Flash (Quantum Tunneling (D, B, 1) 9 frames)
- The Flash (Lightning Punches (B, F, 2) 10 frames)

And Starfire can hit them all by delaying the TC. It should be noted that you there are several frames of which you can MB the TC, so the timing of you delaying the TC must be different depending on the character you're facing and moves they can potentially use against you.

Enjoy :)

@Espio
@DarksydeDash
@MKF30
@xKhaoTik
@AZ MotherBrain
@Tweedy
@PLAYING TO WIN
Ya and the fact that's it's safe is good.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
How did I not notice this.. This is going to be extremely strong because now we won't have to always spend the bar if they respect it. (Not that we're short on meter anyway).

Edit: Imagine doing this on wakeup to get out of jail free because they though they could punish.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
She's not the only one. I happen to know another char that can do it.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Catwoman.
Please elaborate. Unless you mean mb trait? Which is safe anyway without meter burning it. Or clawryuken mb? Which pretty much only works on characters like Atro and ST lol.

This is pretty cool though. Didn't know the mb window was that lenient.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Please elaborate. Unless you mean mb trait? Which is safe anyway without meter burning it. Or clawryuken mb? Which pretty much only works on characters like Atro and ST lol.

This is pretty cool though. Didn't know the mb window was that lenient.
I mean her MB Cat Dash (the one that slices forward and forces the opponent to kneel down). This, also, has a delay.

isnt there a universal answer tho? like mb b3?
If you're feeling particularly YOLO, you could not MB the charge at all, and then immediately follow up with mb b3 yourself - it'll absorb their mb b3 attempt and hit straight through.

On a side note, armour only works if the second hit is quite heavily delayed - if it's only slightly delayed there's a good chance they'll just eat the second hit lol.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
If you're feeling particularly YOLO, you could not MB the charge at all, and then immediately follow up with mb b3 yourself - it'll absorb their mb b3 attempt and hit straight through.

On a side note, armour only works if the second hit is quite heavily delayed - if it's only slightly delayed there's a good chance they'll just eat the second hit lol.
you mean the gap isnt big enough for armor? i thouht it had a big enough gap to mash out a d2.

Roy Arkon

Actually that's a very good point.