What's new

Starfire Pre-Release General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonder_Brat17

Who will I be if I stay?
In general I think this sums it up:

I don't think comics Starfire should be the completely naive/innocent version from the Teen Titans cartoon, but it's good to strike a happy medium. New 52 Starfire was almost always nude and literally had no emotions other than a desire to have sex with all the men in the book.

Recent comics Starfire has been great at striking a balance between sexy and sweet/adorable:
Nobody in their right mind actually believes that solo is good representation of Starfire, it was like she had lobotomy. Did you even read the New52?

I think I liked the other pose they had for Kori better, however I like the bio! The mention of Blackfire makes me so happy because I really think she's gonna be a skin for Starfire, plus the way Koma is described as her fratricidal( which is the act of murdering your own brother, aka Wildfire/Darkfire) sister who is also vengeful screams evil Blackfire for this universe to me and I'm loving every bit of it!! I'm hyped af! Kinda was hoping that her bio would've mentioned how she's free from the phantom zone tho, maybe her arcade ending will explain it. Anyways, HYYPPEEEE!!

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
My guess is they're not going to bother with the Phantom Zone stuff from the comics. She's DLC so she's potentially non-canon and they seem to be taking a light hand with the comics 'canon' anyway, like with MKX.

myri

Time Warrior
Updated the thread title and OP with the render from the website.

I'm hoping she is designed in a similar fashion to Dr. Fate (though different obviously) with a heavy zoning focus but some up close options as well.

Sonic Lionheart

Starfire - Canary - Supergirl
I'm so excited for Starfire. I wanted her so bad in the first game. The Hype was and still is real from the reveal. Please bless us with a good character. I will play her regardless. <3

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
She has to be a zoner because I don't think we have any female zoners do we? Poison Ivy maybe not sure
We have no classic zoners but people with zoning tools like Harley, but her trait makes her more zonerish so I would be surprised if Starfire was a pure zoner. I would actually highkey hate that

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
We have no classic zoners but people with zoning tools like Harley, but her trait makes her more zonerish so I would be surprised if Starfire was a pure zoner. I would actually highkey hate that
No classic zoner?
Have you seen dr fate and deadshot? Lol

If starfire isn't a zoner, I would be shocked

For some reason, I expect her to play like Sindel.

I like how they managed to make her still look kinda like a slut.
You do know she dresses the way she does because she absorbs solar energy through her skin and that give her enhanced powers and strength right?
As an avid comic reader, I can tell you that's just a wimpy plot-device to excuse why she is depicted in such skimpy clothing, not a reasonable explaination for it.
I don't read comics but I have a friend who does and from what I understand it's a cultural thing on her homeworld as the men don't wear a lot either. I guess you could look at it like tribes or nudists, they don't have the same hang ups as we do.

Before you say it, yes I know the real answer is sex appeal. Doesn't stop it from being a legit answer though as an alien race isolated from us and developing on a different world would not have the same standards or beliefs as us and it's be stupid to.

And it's a comic book, when you get down to it it's just as stupid and unrealistic for an entire race to become a warrior race when you have things as individuality, I mean look how that turned out for us, some of us can't even agree to disagree on how people should live.

Why do so many people have a problem with a character wearing skimpy clothes? I understand if a game has every female character having huge tits & wearing Bikinis but if there is a character whose personality is they dont give a fuck or they like to flaunt there sexuality why is that a bad thing?

Urien only wore a speedo in third strike and i never hear anyone complain. When he was announced for SFV all i heard was people wanting his 3S costume and when it was found out you could have speedo Urien people were rejoicing. Why is okay for Urien to be almost naked but for Starfire people cry? I hope we get gear options with her in just pasties and a thong on just to piss you people off.
Truth be told, if I had bullet proof skin I'd probably just fight people in nothing but my boxing shorts. Or nothing at all. It's why I love Saint's Row, I get to light people on fire while running around as a naked fat guy. XD

I haven't seen much bitching surprisingly. Probably would see more if her breasts were bigger, cause big breasts somehow = slut to some people. :\ That's racist against big boobed ladies and fat dudes. XD

I think people want options which is a legit criticism. It's when they keep bitching when they have them it becomes they are just bitching for the sake of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.