What's new

Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker Trailer Discussion.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Hopefully, they retconned the fact that she was a nobody, that was the dumbest most anti-climactic plot point in the history of movies. She HAS to be a Skywalker which means she may be lured to the dark side? Looks like they also retconned the helmet, which is good, I can't stand Kylo's face he's just not a believable villain without it.

Hopefully, they retconned the fact that she was a nobody, that was the dumbest most anti-climactic plot point in the history of movies. She HAS to be a Skywalker which means she may be lured to the dark side? Looks like they also retconned the helmet, which is good, I can't stand Kylo's face he's just not a believable villain without it.
JJ Abrams may have thrown some subtle shade at rian johnson in this. He said the best thing rian every did was cast that rose lady. The trailer also showed kylo putting his helmit back together. a moment that was suposed to symbolise him distancing himself from vader.

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
The Star Wars Sequel Trilogy has told us:

Luke failed to bring the Jedi back
Han and Leia failed as parents
The New Republic failed, and the Empire is in charge again
Anakin failed to destroy Palpatine

Nothing like completely undoing the previous 6 films!

My best theory is that Luke returning to and becoming one with the Force at the end of the previous movie was the main mechanism that "universalized" the force as they hinted at.

It makes sense because that's clearly what Luke wanted. The "Rise of Skywalker" is the rise of everyone else and the irrelevance of the Jedi.

I'll see it at the theater so I can have a good laugh. This new trilogy is a disaster.

TFA was an awful start, and TLJ was an absolute disgrace. Disney did exactly what we expected from them.

JJ Abrams may have thrown some subtle shade at rian johnson in this. He said the best thing rian every did was cast that rose lady. The trailer also showed kylo putting his helmit back together. a moment that was suposed to symbolise him distancing himself from vader.
First thing I thought watching this was that Kylo welding his helmet back together is very symbolic of JJ Abrams trying his best to reverse all the changes Rian Johnson made in his dumpster fire of a movie.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
From what I've seen far with Rey, I could beat her in a fight with one hand tied behind my back. So I hope they fix that.

And it is confirmed to be Emperor Palpatine laughing at the end, if there is any doubt, as the actor himself came out onstage afterwards.